QuickBooks update error 15270 needs to be addressed immediately otherwise, not only you will have issues with your new updated program but you may even end up losing your files. This is one of the most critical error codes 15270 comes under the 15xxx QuickBooks series error and we suggest you resolve this error.
What is QuickBooks Update Error 15270
One of the most common errors that come into play when the update process is taking place is QuickBooks payroll update error code 15270. The error’s main cause is a faulty update link due to which the process either doesn’t start or stops right in the middle. The error message that accompanies the problem is. QuickBooks update error 15270 occurs when endeavoring to download a payroll update or setup file.
Error 15270- The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15270
Know the reason for error when an Intuit-related software program is running during the window start-up or closure or during the installation of the Windows operating system. We also have a list of QuickBooks update error 15270 causes.
- QuickBooks installation process is not in a proper format
- Windows program is corrupted or infected
- When a firewall or anti-virus program blocks the server’s communication
- QuickBooks update is incorrect
- The Internet connection is slow
- Internet Explorer is not selected as the default browser
- Improper program files or corrupted QuickBooks program files.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15270
Check out the troubleshooting methods of QuickBooks update error 15270 are given below. Follow that every fix mentioned is not compulsory, it depends on what causes you have faced.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Payroll Manually or Download Fresh Updates
Here, we have reset the updates and then download the fresh ones from the websites.
- At first, Restart the QuickBooks and In the “QuickBooks Update Services” screen, click on later.
- Go to the help section and then click on QuickBooks.
- In Open Windows, click on Update Not and continue the steps shown in the window.
- Before choosing the “Get Updates” icon, mark the “Reset Updates” field.
- Once the update is completed, the ‘Get Update’ option will be activated, Select Install Now.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Method 2: User Account Settings
- Operate to Control Panel and go to User Accounts.
- Open User Account Controls and slide the option to “Never Notify” and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Method 3: Select Internet Explorer as the Default Browser App
- In (Windows 10) go to the search bar in the start window
- Look for app defaults
- Search Web Browser and set Internet Explorer as the default app.
Method 4: Proper Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Make sure that you are using an Employer Identification Number (EIN) not Social Security Number
- Confirm that you have not entered the Service Key
- Check this method in your QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 5: Run the Reboot.bat file
- Running the reboot.bat file re-registers QuickBooks-related .DLL and. OCX files in Microsoft Windows.
Method 6: Performing Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop
- At this time, when none of the above mentions methods work in fixing the bug, bringing out a clean install of the QuickBooks Desktop might work.
- Users can take the help of the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to fix the issue.
- After this process, the user needs to rename the installation folder and lastly reinstall the software.
Another Method to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270
Intuit has offered some feasible resolutions that can be worked out by the user themselves and are listed below:
- Restart your QuickBooks software after completely closing all the applications in the background as well and then click on the option “Install Later” on the new screen called “QuickBooks Update Service”.
- Next click on the Help tab followed by the Update QuickBooks option.
- Now a new screen called Update QuickBooks will open wherein you will select the “Update Now” tab.
- Navigate and click on Reset Updates and checkmark the boxes before moving on to the Get Updates option. When prompted regarding confirmation of Reset Click on OK.
- The moment update is complete click on the tab called ‘Get Updates’ which will become active only after the completion of the update process with a message saying ‘Update Complete’.
- The next step is to restart the software.
- Once the system and software are restarted a pop-up notification stating QuickBooks Update Service Message will appear wherein the user needs to click on the tab called ‘Install Now’ that will further start installing the downloaded updates.
- The last step is to select the Employees option from the menu bar followed by clicking on the getting Updates tab which will install the updates successfully.
It is advised before proceeding with the methods, the user needs to keep trying to access the QuickBooks company file after completion of every method as this will demonstrate the real reason behind this error.
If even after the last step of the repairing process your issue QuickBooks update error 15270 does not work, then the user needs to connect with Consultant. QuickBooks error consultant team set up by Intuit to garner prompt assistance in the resolution of QuickBooks payroll update did not complete successfully error code 15270.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.