“QuickBooks Error 15102” indicates the error situation when downloading a payroll or QuickBooks update. This QB error is caused by windows system file damage.
Searching for special accounting software regarding security, accuracy, and dependability. When it comes to handling accounting and bookkeeping chores, QuickBooks stands exceptional. It has been stagnant as the trailblazer in accounting solutions for small company owners all around the world and it’s spreading like a wildfire. Just like every other thing, there are pros and cons to everything. The program has several faults that should be resolved as soon as possible to ensure a smooth working procedure.
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s Mean QuickBooks Error 15102
- 2 Causes of QuickBooks Error 15102
- 3 Some Common Symptoms and Sources of why a QuickBooks Error 15102 Error Occurs
- 4 Certain Things to keep in mind before the Procedure
- 5 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15102 Payroll or QB Update Error
- 5.1 Measure 1: To Remap the Drive
- 5.2 Measure 2: To verify the location of the mapped file
- 5.3 Measure 3: To Run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator
- 5.4 Is it possible to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102 by switching to a Single-user mode and how?
- 5.5 What to choose as an option if a location path is incorrect?
- 5.6 Is it possible to download QuickBooks Desktop Release and How?
What’s Mean QuickBooks Error 15102
If a dialogue box saying “Error 15102: Failed to reset update ” pops up on the screen then this may be due to a possible problem that occurred during the process of either downloading or the installation of QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll update.
Because of this corruption of the system file, it might result in missing and wrongly linked information. There are other reasons that are responsible for the QB Error 15102 coming under the 15xxx QuickBooks series error
Here you might see an error message like,
Error 15102: Failed to reset update?
Generally, whenever there is an update of QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll, sometimes the screen displays Error 15102 indicating some minor error that can be resolved with the correct procedure of steps.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15102
There can be many possible reasons that lead to system file errors like:
- The shared download is turned on but the location specified for the download is invalid or inaccessible.
- QuickBooks application is running in a multiuser mode in a terminal service environment.
- You are using Windows Vista and you are not logged in as Windows Administrator or running the application as administrator.
- An incomplete installation, Incomplete un-installation, or Improper deletion of hardware or application.
- This issue also occurs if your computer is recovered from a virus attack
- Deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files.
Some Common Symptoms and Sources of why a QuickBooks Error 15102 Error Occurs
Here are some signs that can help a user to identify that they are facing a QuickBooks error 15102.
- One of the most prominent causes of this error is, in the case of a terminal service environment, QuickBooks is running in multi-user mode.
- Another reason can be when the user has not logged in as Windows Administrator if they are running Windows Vista.
- The location for downloading can’t be traced or is not available.
Well before you proceed to resolve and perform the steps, there are certain things to keep in mind before. Let’s dig further into this article to know more.
Certain Things to keep in mind before the Procedure
A. To perform the Update on QuickBooks Desktop
- First and the foremost step, proceed to load QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, from the menu bar, to continue Select the option Help and then hit on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, further, click on Get Updates from the very top of the page.
B. Installation of the current payroll tax table
- Just for the start, Run QuickBooks software.
- Now, browse to choose to Get Payroll Updates from the Employees menu.
- To continue, select the Download the whole update.
- After the above step, proceed to choose the option named Download Latest Update.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15102 Payroll or QB Update Error
This is a bit complex of an error. Thus we suggest getting the immediate help of an expert who can help you resolve QuickBooks error 15102. Listed below are some measures to resolve this QuickBooks error 15102, perform each step accurately to avoid this error.
Measure 1: To Remap the Drive
- For the very first step, force shut your QuickBooks Company File.
- The next step, proceed to remap your drive to a new letter.
- After this subsequent step, Open your Company file with the use of a new map drive to continue.
- Select Help for the next step and then hit on the option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once the above step is completed, click on the tab Options from the top corner.
- Now, Browse and locate Shared Downloads to force shut and then open it again.
- Thereafter, verify the new mapped drive.
- Finally, tap on the button Save & Close.
Measure 2: To verify the location of the mapped file
- To Open the Product Information Window, proceed to press the Ctrl+1 key combination or copy-paste this address “ [x]:\[folder name]\[data file menu] ”.
- Next, hit on OK.
- Browse to Help and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, to continue, Select the Options tab.
- For the next step, ensure that the download location path is correct.
- Now for the last step, hit on Save & Close.
Measure 3: To Run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator
- To initiate, proceed to shut QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it.
- After the subsequent step, next, choose the option Run as Administrator from the icon grid menu.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear, to allow UAC permission to proceed to click on YES.
- Finally, for the last step, Download and Install the QuickBooks release.
The above-presented information has effectively guided you through the entire concept of QuickBooks Error 15102. The reason why this error takes place as well as the causes are all listed in the above article in a detailed deeply involved information outlook.
All required actions are supplied, as well as the whole step-by-step approach guide. Follow this article to avoid any unnecessary errors. If you are still facing any issues or have any doubts concerning the above-listed information you can connect with our customer helpdesk.
We specialize in providing professional services to our clients and have a thorough knowledge of all the issues related to QuickBooks. Our QuickBooks Experts remains available all the time so to provide Consultant even in different time zones. To get in touch with us you can dial our QuickBooks customer service Toll-free number for USA and Canada and can get instant Consultant.
Is it possible to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102 by switching to a Single-user mode and how?
Yes, it is possible to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102 by switching to a Single-User mode.
● Here’s how to do it:
● Firstly, launch QuickBooks software.
● Then, if QuickBooks is in Multi-user mode it has to be turned off.
● Next, proceed to the File menu.
● From the File, menu grid hit on the Switch to Single user.
What to choose as an option if a location path is incorrect?
In case the location path is incorrect, then on the appeared screen there are two options:
● First, if No for the shared folder has opted, then select YES.
● Second, if Yes for the Shared folder has opted, then Hit on NO.
Is it possible to download QuickBooks Desktop Release and How?
Yes, fortunately, it is quite possible to download Quickbooks Desktop Release.
● Here’s how to do it:
● First, from the page naming Downloads & Updates page.
● Next, proceed to choose your product, country, and version.
● Third, finally, proceed to select the option Download.