While using QuickBooks, have you encountered the QuickBooks error 15106 while you are trying to update QuickBooks Payroll? If you have, do not worry we at AskforAccounting will help you to resolve the issue.
Our support team will provide you with solutions on every step of the way to troubleshoot the error. However, this article also gives you the option of resolving the issue by yourself by following few steps. In case the fixing method does not work we are always there to help you.
As we know that QuickBooks is an essential tool for keeping the accounts of your business up to date in an effective and efficient manner. QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software that helps you not only in managing your payroll, but inventory, tracking requirements of the customers as well as keeping your tax up-to-date. The software has many benefits and advantages.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15106?
When you try to update the QuickBokos Payroll you see the message ‘The update program cannot be opened. The update program is damaged’. You might think why is this message being displayed? There are two possible reasons that causes the Error 15106, they are:
- In the web root antivirus software, ‘Spy sweeper’ is present.
- When you have not logged in as the administrator then you will face limitations in reading and writing new files, making it difficult for you to undertake the required tasks.
How to Troubleshoot Error 15106: QuickBooks?
You can resolve the Error 15106 by following these simple steps given below. While performing any of these steps you face any kind of difficulty, do contact us, our technical support team will help you in following the steps.
- In case you have not logged in as the administrator then you have to log out and then log in as the administrator. In all likelihood once you switch in, as administrator the issue might get resolved. If the error continues then go to the next step.
- There is a chance that the problem is being created by the Spy Sweeper and you can search of its presence in your computer system. To look for it you need to follow these steps:
- You have to open the Windows Task Manager. To do that, you need to press Ctrl+Shift+Esc together.
- Next click on the ‘Process’ tab and search for the ‘Spy Sweeper.exe.’ Once you have located you can either
- Once you have located it in the processing tab you have to remove it. To do that you have to uninstall it by opening the ‘Add/Remove programs’. This should help you to rectify the problem.
- If you cannot locate the Spy Sweeper in the computer system then you have to go to the C drive. Next from there navigate to C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitQuickBooksxxComponents. You are now required rename the downloadqb<nn> folder as download<nn>.old. And then reset the QuickBooks update.
These steps should resolve QuickBooks error 15106, in case it does not then go to the next step.
- If you are using Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8 you can try to turn off the User Account Control temporarily to trouble shoot the error 15106.
- If the problem continues you can try Selective Startup and perform a clean install of QuickBooks.
Get instant help via tollfree number 1800-865-4183.
In case all these methods does not give any results and you continue to face the same problem, i.e. error 15106 then do contact our AskforAccounting QuickBooks Helpdesk. Our team will help you in resolving the issue so that you can continue to work without any problem and run your business efficiently.