The QuickBooks User Interface continuously varies with the release of new versions. The main objective of changing an interface is to provide the ease of its usage. You have been seen the setting option in the QuickBooks, which is now replaced with a gear icon in QuickBooks Desktop. Here below the write-up, we will learn where the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
It is still available at the right corner of the QuickBooks window. It represents the settings with several options that you need while customizing the settings as per requirements. Sometimes it is not visible, so you need to follow some basic troubleshooting to make it appear.
Find the Shortcuts
- How Can you Discover the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop:
- What are the Highlighting Benefits of the Gear Icon?
- What to do if Gear Icon Disappears in QuickBooks Desktop?
- How to Clear Cache to Resolve the Gear Icon Disappearing Issue?
How Can you Discover the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Firstly, Open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Locate the Icon at the right corner of the screen
- The gear icon appears nearby the company name, also known as setting Icon. The Icon is like a wheel.
What are the Highlighting Benefits of the Gear Icon?
The QuickBooks Desktop comes with modified user interface. Many traditional menus have been changed. Now a + & gear icon are available. + Icon contains entire transactions, and the Gear icon consists of settings. Let us understand the four parts of the Gear icon:
Setting option is available in software for performing adjustments in program or hardware. It helps the user to operate the software easily as this QuickBooks desktop comes with a setting feature available inside the Gear icon. It let you customize templates & upgrade the company information. Moreover, you can customize the fields need in the transaction.
Through List, one can discover the recurring transactions. It allows the user to use multiple options for lists instead of transactions. Once done import of the List, the user can easily add or modify it according to the requirements.
It appears near setting and list tools; you can view several lists such as List of items and the Chart of Accounts. However, if any users have accidentally made any mistake or error in bank reconciliation or a budget setup, the tool option is beneficial.
This option appearing in the Gear icon lets you set up the QuickBooks account and manage the users.
What to do if Gear Icon Disappears in QuickBooks Desktop?
It is frequently seen problems when the user unable to see the gear icon. Here is the list of steps you need to follow to resolve the missing issue:
The disappearing of the Gear icon is due to a change in the QuickBooks features. You have to hit on the f5 button to refresh the page. If still issue persists, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Steps To fix the Gear Icon disappearing issue:
- The initial step is to open the QuickBooks software incognito Window.
- Shortcuts to Open the incognito Window:
- Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer: Ctrl+Shift+P
- Google Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+N
- Safari: Command+ Shift+N
- Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl+Shift +P
- Now verify the Gear icon is visible; if found, that means it is available.
- Clear the Cache to resolve the browser-related problems
- Finally, if an issue does not fix, you can get the assistance support to resolve the issue.
How to Clear Cache to Resolve the Gear Icon Disappearing Issue?
Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer browser:
- Firstly Open the Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge Browser
- Locate the setting and more option
- Hit on the Setting icon
- Discover further option and then choose Privacy & Services
- Choose the option below the clear browsing data tab.
- Discover the drop-down option to choose the time range accordingly
- Select the data to clear it like auto-fill forms, passwords, and more
- At last hit on Clear now option
- Open the Mozilla Firefox
- Locate the menu option of the browser
- Hit on Options
- Give a click to the Privacy & Security Panel.
- Choose the Clear Data option listed in the Cookies & Site data option.
- Check mark and hit on it to remove
- Now hit on the Clear option.
- Close it
- Open the Safari browser.
- Hit on the History
- Select the clear history button
- Choose the pop-up option
- At last, select the time and date from where you need to clear the browsing data
- Open Google Chrome in the system
- Locate the browser settings
- Click on More options
- Then hit on the clear browsing data
- Now a box will display on the screen
- Choose the time range
- Hit on the drop-down menu name time range
- Select All time
- Choose all the check boxes to clear all the history and Cache from the browser or other things you need to clear
- At last, hit on the Clear data button
How to reach us for further Assistance?
Hopefully, the above information on where is the Gear Icon in QuickBooks Desktop is helpful for you! In case of any other concerns, give a ring to QuickBooks Technical Support Team. The professional team is there to provide you better resolution. You can do a live chat or drop an email along with questions.