Recently, many QuickBooks users have been complaining about the “QuickBooks Icon Bar missing” issue. Even after updating QuickBooks and Windows, users can’t get the icon bar to show up.
This proposes a problem for many users as the icon bar provides shortcuts for many QuickBooks tools and functions. The icon bar, like QuickBooks, is highly customized and can simplify the workflow of users.
Table of Contents
Fix QuickBooks Icon Bar Missing Issue
This is yet another issue that is similar to the ‘Missing icon bar in QuickBooks.’ Sometimes after restarting the computer, an icon bar is displayed and sometimes it’s not. This has become a nagging pain for many users. This article contains possible solutions to these errors. Feel free to apply the solutions that fit your requirements.
Step 1: Restarting System
- Users can try restarting their system in order to fix the problem.
Step 2: Updating windows
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Windows Update
- Hit Check for updates
- Download and install updates
- Restart your system
Step 3: Updating QuickBooks
Log off and close all company accounts before proceeding. Company files can be damaged while updating QuickBooks. Also, many users have reported damage to the license files after manually updating QB. To be on the safer side, ensure that all company files are logged out of.
Run QuickBooks as Administrator. Right-click on the QB icon on your desktop and hit ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Go to Help and select Update QuickBooks
- Select Options on the new window
- Mark the checkbox against each option
- Hit ‘Update Now.
- Once the update process is completed, restart QuickBooks.
- Now here another install option will appear.
- Click yes and let the update be configured by QuickBooks.
- Restart your computer and log into desired company files.
Users can also configure automatic updates. By doing so, you would always have access to the latest tools and features released by Intuit for QB. Also, updates include fixes for performance issues, errors, and bugs. Access to the latest updates will help you in availing of a seamless workflow.
OS X Mavericks
Mac users have reported this issue after updating to the tenth edition of OS X, ie, Mavericks. Users can either wait for the issue to be resolved by Intuit or update to a new version of OS X. Macintosh users can gain the maximum by updating OS X to version 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher.
Step 4: Lock Toolbar
- Drag the toolbar to the desired position.
- Right-click on the green part of the toolbar and select ‘Lock Toolbar.’
- This can come in handy when users are connected to a different monitor than the one they usually work on.
- Make sure to adjust the toolbar in middle before changing the screen.
- Also, you can alter the toolbar settings as per your own requirements.
- Toolbars are important for QB users.
- By providing instant actions to rapidly used tools and features, they simplify the work process substantially.