QuickBooks enables its users to handle accounts-related problems in a more proficient and simplified way. But sometimes users may experience QuickBooks error 9999 while working online. The framework may hang, may make a sudden exit, or may perform very slowly. You may get certain messages if you try to refresh the page. This is one of the banking errors of QuickBooks Online.
Sorry, we can’t update your account, please try updating again later
QuickBooks Online Error 9999
In the web version of the program if you are trying to update your banking information certain error message may pop up stating that the information cannot be updated. Because of this error, your computer may run slow and its efficiency could be hampered. Most importantly this will hold you back from completing your banking operations.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error 9999
The probable lists of causes of the error 9999 QuickBooks are given below:
- A corrupted download or incomplete installation may be a cause of this error.
- The QuickBooks-related programming changes may corrupt the registry, and as a result, the error may pop up.
- Virus infection may debase the Windows framework records.
- Infected program records.
- QuickBooks records that have been removed maliciously or erroneously may result in the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 9999
According to QuickBooks, the error code 9999 is a reporting error, as soon as you experience this error you will be redirected to log a report.
Step 1: Log a Report
Within the error message click “Report Issue”, shown on the banking transaction screen.
- Type your name and email address and click on the submit button.
- Within 10 days QuickBooks tech Consultant team will contact you to solve your problem.
Step 2: Remove the Account
- From your actual bank account remove the QBO account.
- On the highlighted account that is not getting updated click on the pencil icon.
- Then you should click on “edit account info”.
- Click “disconnect this account on save”
- Click on save and close.
- Once more go to Dashboard.
- Re-establish the link that you disconnected from the bank.
- In the actual bank account click “Add account” to re-establish the link with QBO.
- To use the bank account, again type the username and password.
- After the link gets established the transactions in the bank account will get updated in the QBO account.
Step 3: Repair the Registry
It is not recommended to repair the registry yourself unless you are a PC expert because a small misplaced comma can also prevent your PC from rebooting. To manually repair the windows registry take a backup by exporting the portion of the registry related to the error.
- Click on the start button.
- In the search box type “Command”
- Hold “CTRL”+” Shift” and press “enter”.
- A permission dialog box will appear, click “yes”.
- A black box will appear in that type “Regedit” and press “Enter”
- In the registry editor select the keys related to QuickBooks Error 9999 and take a backup.
- Choose “Export” from the “File” menu.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup keys from the Save In list.
- Save the file.
- Be sure to click the “Selected Branch” in the “Export Range” box.
- Save the file with the “.regedit” extension.
Step 4: Bank Update
- Open QBO program
- Go to the Banking tab
- Click on the Update option
- Follow all on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
If you are still facing the error then get help via QuickBooks Error Consultant or connect with us toll-free at the number provided above.