“QuickBooks POS unexpected error” indicates the error message that the user confronts while accessing the software.
Some of the common unexpected error messages that the user encounters are as follows:
- An unexpected error occurred. The error is: Value cannot be null. Parameter: s.
- Error Message: QBPOSShell has stopped working.
- Initialization for the configuration system has failed.
- Unexpected error occurred: Please restart POS. Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406.
- Unable to access the application through the Point of Sale symbol.
- Error 100 database server not found “08w01”
- 1766120 Error – Status: Invalid License Key, Key Denied.
- Error Message: Due to invocation exception was thrown off the target.
Undoubtedly QuickBooks Point of Sale is an outstanding composition of Intuit that assures the business owners of accurate tracking of purchases, sales, inventory, and other tasks related to the retail business sector. The QuickBooks Point of Sale software comprises potential features and tools that seamlessly integrate with the innate dashboard assuring smooth and easy handling of the software for both novice users and experts. Despite the well-built quality of the software, it is prone to errors like other software. The user also encounters QuickBooks POS unexpected error 5 while attempting access to the POS software.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reason for the Occurrence of QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error
- 2 How to Resolve the QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error
- 2.1 Solution 1: Ensure that all the Recent Point of Sale updates are installed on your computer
- 2.2 Solution 2: Check all the System Requirements Properly Matches to Run the POS
- 2.3 Solution 3: Run the Microsoft Component Clean-up Tool
- 2.4 Solution 4: Attempt a New Windows user
- 2.5 Solution 5: Close and Restart QBPOSShell and Troubleshoot compatibility
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Reason for the Occurrence of QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error
The unexpected might occur due to technical faults of the software. There are four main reasons summed by the QuickBooks experts listed below:
- Mismatch of the System requirements.
- Problems in QuickBooks Point of Sale Database Manager and improper functional issues.
- Poor installation or Corruption of the Microsoft.NET framework has occurred.
- System resources of the desktop might be running low.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks POS Unexpected Error
There are four major solutions recommended by Intuit to resolve QuickBooks POS Unexpected Errors. Attempt the solutions in the proper sequence for a successful resolution. Prior to starting the error fixing solutions, you need to check that your computer meets the system requirements to run Point of Sale software. The solutions are below mentioned.
Solution 1: Ensure that all the Recent Point of Sale updates are installed on your computer
Prior to completion of the update of POS and resolution of the issue, you have to rename the entitlement client folder.
- Go to the product updates page.
- Select Point of Sale is selected as your product.
- Follow the instructions to install a Manual update.
- Reboot the system later.
Solution 2: Check all the System Requirements Properly Matches to Run the POS
- Verify the least RAM requirements for your POS version.
- For verifying the Ram of your computer:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click on Computer.
- Choose Properties.
- Check the Installed memory (RAM).
In case your system comprises insufficient RAM, check with a computer professional expert regarding adding memory. In case the RAM in your computer is sufficient then follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Run the Microsoft Component Clean-up Tool
Its smart repair tool identifies the problems with Microsoft features Point of Sale. It automatically detects the errors and resolves them with the following Microsoft components:
- .NET Framework
- Visual C++
Solution 4: Attempt a New Windows user
- Go to Windows Start-> Enter User Accounts in search field -> Enter.
- Click Manage user accounts -> Choose to Manage another account.
- Choose to create a new account and give it the name of Test.
- Select Administrator for user type.
- Log off Windows -> sign in as the new user you created and access Point of Sale again.
Solution 5: Close and Restart QBPOSShell and Troubleshoot compatibility
- Close Point of Sale software.
- Click Start Task Manager if required.
- Then click the Processes tab -> Click the Image Name column title to sort it alphabetically.
- Click QBPOSShell.exe -> Click End Process.
- In case you see more than one QBPOSShell, follow the steps below to troubleshoot compatibility with Windows.
- Close Task Manager.
- Open Point of Sale application.
If following the four recommended solutions does not resolve your QuickBooks POS issue then report immediately to QuickBooks point of sale customer Consultant. They are prompt and responsive in handling the POS issues.
You can connect with the team through toll-free phone numbers, email, and live chat. Or else you can choose other reliable QuickBooks Consulting Companies like Askforaccounting.com that offer an instant resolution of the error through the experienced QuickBooks POS error Consultant team. Call the toll-free phone number and fetch excellent POS resolution services.