While working on your QuickBooks application you can come across some common errors “QuickBooks could not load the license data” and “QuickBooks could not load the license data” that may hamper your work-flow. You will have to download and install this application. After installation of the QuickBooks application, you need to provide the license details to open or run the application. While doing so, you can come across QuickBooks License error. You will see the following message getting displayed on the system; QuickBooks could not load license data and license not verified issue. This error is also denoted with the QuickBooks Error 3371 could not initialize license properties.
- 1 Resolution Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 – QuickBooks could not load the license data..
- 2 QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- 3 Step to Fix QuickBooks Could Not Initialize License Properties Error 3371 QuickBooks
- 4 QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1 License Not Verified Issue
- 5 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 License Not Verified
Causes for the “QuickBooks Could Not Load the License Data” Error:
There are a number of reasons that can cause the QuickBooks error 3371. They are listed below:
- Damaged files are present in the QBregistration.dat and MSXML folders.
- Windows is not updated.
- Interference of the third-party applications.
- Network issues.
- Importing the .QBO file before importing.
Resolution Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 – QuickBooks could not load the license data..
It is recommended that you update your software whenever you receive an update for your software. If the error still prevails, then you should follow the solutions that are suggested below and you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error 3371.
Total time: 35 minutes
Solution 1️⃣: Updating the Microsoft Windows OS
🔹 You will have to sign in to the system using the Administrator
🔹 Click on the Windows logo from the keyboard.
🔹 Go to All Programs option and press Windows Update
🔹 After the Windows updating process is complete, download & install the QuickBooks software and you should not see QuickBooks could not load license data error.
Solution 2️⃣: EntitlementDataStore.ecml files are to be deleted from the system:
To validate your QuickBooks application, you need to submit the license number and other details to complete the installation procedure of the QuickBooks software. While completing this process, if this encrypted database files gets corrupt then you will have to delete this entitlement file.
🔹 End all your QuickBooks files and application running on the workstation.
🔹 Examine the reason why the QuickBooks has stopped.
● From your keyboard, press Shift+Esc +Ctrl keys to open Task Manager.
● For Windows 10:Go to More Details option available in the Task Manager window.
● Click on the Processes
● You will have to choose the header Process Name as in this step the process has to be categorized alphabetically.
● Locate the EXE file and press End Task option to end all the tasks.
🔹 Now, you will have to select the entitlement data folder which is utilized but both the QuickBooks applications along with Windows operating system.
● To open the Run Command window, press Windows+R from your keyboard.
● In the search section, enter the following data path C:ProgramData……………v8 (or v6) and press Enter.
🔹 Locate the .ecml file and right-click on it.
🔹 From your keyboard, press Delete
🔹 Press Yes if you receive the confirmation to delete the file.
🔹 Now, open your QuickBooks Company file to register the application as you will receive the instructions.
With the solutions mentioned in this article, you can easily resolve QuickBooks could not load the license data error in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Intuit indicates the major cause of Error Code 3371 status code 11118 because it could not initialize license properties. This error signifies that your QuickBooks installation is damaged. Steps to troubleshoot this error are provided by Intuit that includes a wizard that needs to be downloaded to resolve this error.
When you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop the POS Error 3371 occurs and you can view the below error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks unable load the license data. This happens due to missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks fails to load the license data. It happens due to missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks is not capable to load the license data. The reason it occurs is because of damaged files.
Reason of Could not initialize License Properties
- Component or file needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run is damaged or missing
- dat – A QuickBooks Desktop installation file that contains QuickBooks’ license information. Every time QuickBooks Desktop is made active, the license information needs to be retrieved and validated. If this file is damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- Damaged MSXML component – MSXML is a Microsoft component needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop retrieve the information in the Qbregistration.dat file allowing QB to open.
- Outdated Windows operating system or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may also experience this issue if you are opening the file without saving first. You must first save before importing the .QBO file.
Step to Fix QuickBooks Could Not Initialize License Properties Error 3371 QuickBooks
Solution 1: Windows update
- In case the latest Windows updates are not installed the QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged. So verify if the Windows is update.
- In case you face the error you can follow the steps mentioned below or contact experienced IT professional.
Solution 2: Install the latest Windows updates
- Smoothly install the latest Windows updates.
- Go to Windows logo.
- Choose All Programs
- Click Windows Update.
- Once installing the updates
- Install QuickBooks program.
Solution 3: Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues
- In case the error persists, follow the below steps in the given sequence. In case the first solution resolves the problem no need to follow the other steps.
- Create again the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to fix license and registration issues
- Resolve Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Reinstall using a clean install
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1 License Not Verified Issue
One such error is QuickBooks License Error. The License error in QuickBooks is also known as the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1.
Causes QuickBooks License Not Verified
- Damaged QBregistration.dat files.
- Corrupted MSXML components installed in your system
- Damaged or outdated applications like antivirus or firewall.
- Issues with Windows Operating System.
- Users facing issues with certain network and WebConnect.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 License Not Verified
Here are some solutions mentioned below, they are suggested by QuickBooks experts.
Solution I: Updating Latest windows Updates
- Log in to your system as the Administrator.
- Press the Windows
- Click on the All Programs option and select the Windows Update.
- Install all the updates by clicking on the install QuickBooks.
Solution II: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Check that the QuickBooks processes are not running.
- Click on the Ctrl+Shift+Esc from your keyboard.
- Task Manager Window will open on your screen, press More Details
- Now click on the Processes tab.
- Sort out the processes by pressing on the Process Name header alphabetically.
- Locate the EXE file. Select the mentioned file and click on the End Task option.
- Open the Entitlement data folder responsible for your Windows Operating System and the version of QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key along with the R
- Run Command window will open on your computer screen.
- In the Search field, enter the file location “C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6)”.
- Press Enter and you can now see the ecml file. Right-click on the file and press Delete option from the keyboard.
- Press Yes and give the confirmation that you want to delete the entitlement file.
- Open the company file now and you will see the instructions on how to register the applications.
Solution III: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a repair tool, which repairs the damaged files and applications. It basically resolves issues with .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML. To install it follow the steps below:
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the setup file on your system’s desktop.
- Double-click on the setup file and run it on your system.
- It will repair all your files.
- Reboot your system after this repair process is completed.
If you are unable to understand any step or want to get assistance in resolving this technical issue in QuickBooks, then you can reach out to QuickBooks error support for assistance. They will provide you instant support for all QuickBooks related issues.
You will have to dial their toll-free number from your phone and they will immediately come to your aid. You can also choose another alternative method, i.e. visiting their website for Live Chat Assistance option.