While working on your QuickBooks application you can come across some common errors “QuickBooks error 3371” could not initialize license properties or could not load the license data which may hamper your workflow.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error 3371
- 2 Causes for the QuickBooks Error 3371 Could Not Initialize License Properties
- 3 Resolution Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Could Not Initialize License Properties
- 4 QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 Could Not Load the License Data
- 5 QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
- 6 QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1 License Not Verified
- 7 FAQ’s
What is QuickBooks Error 3371
You will have to download and install the QuickBooks application, after installation of the QuickBooks. You need to provide the license details to open or run the application. While doing so, you can come across a QuickBooks License error. You will see the following message gets displayed on the system QuickBooks could not load license data and the license does not verify the issue. This error is also denoted with the QuickBooks Error 3371 could not initialize license properties.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error 3371 Could Not Initialize License Properties
There are a number of reasons that can cause the QuickBooks error 3371. They are listed below…
- Damaged files are present in the QBregistration.dat and MSXML folders.
- Windows is not updated.
- Interference of the third-party applications.
- Network issues.
- Importing the .QBO file before importing.
Resolution Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Could Not Initialize License Properties
It is recommended that you update your software whenever you receive an update for your software. If the error still prevails, then you should follow the solutions that are suggested below and you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error 3371.
Estimated Time: 35 minutes
Solution 1: Updating the Microsoft Windows OS
🔹 You will have to sign in to the system using the Administrator
🔹 Click on the Windows logo from the keyboard.
🔹 Go to the All Programs option and press Windows Update
🔹 After the Windows updating process is complete.
🔹 Download & install the QuickBooks software and you should not see QuickBooks could not load license data error.
Solution 2: EntitlementDataStore.ecml Files are to be Deleted from the System
To validate your QuickBooks application, you need to submit the license number and other details to complete the installation procedure of the QuickBooks software. While completing this process, if this encrypted database file gets corrupt then you will have to delete this entitlement file.
🔹 End all your QuickBooks files and applications running on the workstation.
🔹 Examine the reason why QuickBooks has stopped.
● From your keyboard, press Shift+Esc +Ctrl keys to open the task manager.
● For Windows 10:Go to the More Details option available in the task manager window.
● Click on the Processes
● You will have to choose the header Process Name as in this step the process has to be categorized alphabetically.
● Locate the EXE file and press the End Task option to end all the tasks.
🔹 Now, you will have to select the entitlement data folder which is utilized but both the QuickBooks applications along with Windows operating system.
● To open the Run Command window, press Windows+R from your keyboard.
● In the search section, enter the following data path C: ProgramData……………v8 (or v6) and press Enter.
🔹 Locate the .ecml file and right-click on it.
🔹 From your keyboard, press Delete
🔹 Press Yes if you receive the confirmation to delete the file.
🔹 Now, open your QuickBooks Company file to register the application as you will receive the instructions.
With the solutions mentioned in this article, you can easily resolve QuickBooks could not load the license data error in QuickBooks.
If you are unable to understand any steps or still issue not resolved, want to get assistance in resolving the issue reach out to QuickBooks Consultant for assistance via call or through chat.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 Could Not Load the License Data
Intuit indicates the major cause of error Code 3371 status code 11118 because it could not initialize license properties. This error signifies that your QuickBooks installation is damaged. Steps to troubleshoot this error are provided by Intuit that including a wizard that needs to be downloaded to resolve this error.
When you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371 occurs and you can view the below error messages:
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks fails to load the license data. It happens due to missing or damaged files.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
- The component or file needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run is damaged or missing.
- A QuickBooks Desktop installation file that contains QuickBooks license information.
- Every time QuickBooks Desktop is made active, the license information needs to be retrieved and validated. If this file is damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- Damaged MSXML component – MSXML is a Microsoft component needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run.
- This component helps QuickBooks Desktop retrieve the information in the Qbregistration.dat file allowing QB to open.
- Outdated Windows operating system or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: You may also experience this issue if you are opening the file without saving first.
- You must first save before importing the .QBO file.
Step to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The solution I: Windows Update
- In case the latest Windows updates are not installed the QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged.
- To verify if the Windows is updated.
- In case you face an error you can follow the steps mentioned below or contact an experienced IT professional.
Solution II: Install the Latest Windows Updates
- Smoothly install the latest Windows updates.
- Go to Windows logo.
- Choose All Programs
- Click Windows Update.
- Once installing the updates
- Install the QuickBooks program.
Solution III: Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues
- In case the error persists, follow the below steps in the given sequence. In case the first solution resolves the problem no need to follow the other steps.
- Create again the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ECML file to fix license and registration issues.
- Resolve Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ fix issues using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Reinstall using a clean install.
If your issue has not been resolved yet get more steps to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
The QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104 is caused by a damaged or missing component. Another reason is you are using an outdated Windows operating system.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
- Windows system outdated
- Corrupt component
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11104
To resolve this status code 11104 make sure to update your windows.
Solution 1: Update your Windows
- Log in to your system as the Administrator.
- Press the Windows
- Click on the All Programs option and select the windows update.
If the error is not resolved yet, click here to get more steps to fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104.
If you are unable to understand any steps or still issue not resolved, want to get assistance in resolving the issue reach out to QuickBooks pro-advisor Consultant for assistance via call or through chat.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1 License Not Verified
One such error is the QuickBooks license error this is also known as the QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 1.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code -1
- Damaged QBregistration.dat files.
- Corrupted MSXML components installed in your system
- Damaged or outdated applications like antivirus or firewall.
- Issues with Windows Operating System.
- Users facing issues with certain networks and WebConnect.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 1
Here are some solutions mentioned below, they are suggested by QuickBooks experts.
The solution I: Updating Latest Windows Updates
- Log in to your system as the Administrator.
- Press the Windows
- Click on the All Programs option and select the Windows Update.
- Install all the updates by clicking on the install QuickBooks.
Solution II: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Check that the QuickBooks processes are not running.
- Click on the Ctrl+Shift+Esc from your keyboard.
- Task Manager Window will open on your screen, press More Details
- Now click on the Processes tab.
- Sort out the processes by pressing on the Process Name header alphabetically.
- Locate the EXE file. Select the mentioned file and click on the End Task option.
- Open the Entitlement data folder responsible for your Windows Operating System and the version of QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key along with the R
- Run Command window will open on your computer screen.
- In the Search field, enter the file location “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6)”.
- Press Enter and you can now see the ECML file. Right-click on the file and press the Delete option from the keyboard.
- Press Yes and give the confirmation that you want to delete the entitlement file.
- Open the company file now and you will see the instructions on how to register the applications.
Solution III: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a repair tool, which repairs damaged files and applications. It basically resolves issues with .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML. To install it follow the steps below.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the setup file on your system’s desktop.
- Double-click on the setup file and run it on your system.
- It will repair all your files.
- Reboot your system after this repair process is completed.
If you are unable to understand any steps or want to get assistance in resolving this technical issue in QuickBooks.
you can reach out to QuickBooks error Consultant for assistance. They will provide you instant Consultant for all QuickBooks-related issues. You will have to dial their toll-free number from your phone and they will immediately come to your aid. You can also choose another alternative method chat assistance option.
Is it possible to locate my license key? If yes, how to do the same?
Fortunately, the answer is a bug fat YES, it is easy to the QuickBooks license number. Here’s how to do it:
● First, go to the Company tab and click the company tab
● Now, from the present drop-down menu, proceed to select the option naming My Company
● Under the Manage Your Account, particularly on the right side, you’ll be able to locate your license number along with the product key
Where can one find the Qbregistration Dat?
Well, Navigate to the QuickBooks folder that contains qbregistration .dat. If you don’t see the folders indicated, show hidden files and folders
Can deleting the ECML file serve as a resolution to QuickBooks error code 3371?
Yes, it can be a possible resolution to this error code. Here’s how to do it:
● First, proceed to hit the Windows + R keys combination together.
● Now, enter the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitelement Clinet\v8 in the window.
● Windows explorer will now be open
● Next, proceed to delete the ECML file
● After the subsequent step, shut the window
● Run QuickBooks again, finally