Here read causes, symptoms and learn how to “QuickBooks Error 80070057” “the parameter is incorrect“.
Software and errors go hand in hand with each other, probably that’s why QuickBooks faces technical or functional errors from time to time. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one of those errors that users usually report. When the user attempts opening the organization/company file you can view the error following with an error message.
This error code indicates that you are not allowed or have adequate permissions to delete the files from the specific folder. For running QuickBooks services for multiple users you require the read & write access and to create & delete rights to the folder that is the location of the organizational file.
- 1 Introduction of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
- 2 Main Causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057
- 3 Reason Behind the QuickBooks Error 80070057
- 4 Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
- 4.1 Solution 1: Open Organization File Once You are Logged in.
- 4.2 Solution 2: Download & Run the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool
- 4.3 Solution 3: Download & Run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- 4.4 Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Version to the Latest Release
- 4.5 Solution 5: Manual Resolution
- 4.6 Solution 6: Configure Your Firewall Software
- 4.7 Solution 7: Set up BitDefender to Permit QuickBooks communication
- 5 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Introduction of QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
QuickBooks Error Code 80080057 commonly occurs when you try to open the file from a workstation located on a server or a Host computer, also referred to as QuickBooks Multi-user Setup.
Main Causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057
There are different causes that can show up the Error 80070057. Most of the errors are related to communication issues with the company files over the network on a different server or host. There are various possible reasons for QuickBooks Error 80070057.
- QuickBooks can’t read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- Perhaps QuickBooks installation is damaged
- QuickBooks Windows file extension maybe wrong: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- Using third party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- When open a portable file without opening QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks find the damaged company file at the time of installation of QuickBooks.
Reason Behind the QuickBooks Error 80070057
There are multiple reasons why the error occurs. If at any point in time you face any confusion then give us a call.
- Manually renamed of QuickBooks file with a .QBB file extension.
- Try to open a portable company file (.qbm) without opening QuickBooks application.
- Damage in QuickBooks installation.
- QB identifies data damage in the company file while conversion or building backup or portable company file.
- Wrongly renamed QuickBooks for Windows file extension.
- Approaching organization file saved on a USB (Flash) drive.
- QuickBooks application fails to read the organization file extension that was altered.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
There are 7 possible solutions that can help you fix your issue. Follow the other one if the previous one doesn’t work for you. The solutions are offered for different variations of error occurrence.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Solution 1: Open Organization File Once You are Logged in.
🔹 Start the QuickBooks program.
🔹 Open company file through QuickBooks if it does not open automatically.
🔹 Go to Windows Start -> select Programs -> Open QuickBooks
🔹 Click on the right QuickBooks version you want to open
🔹 Select File -> Open or Restore Company.
Were you able to find your way in order to get your QuickBooks error 80070057 sorted? If not then here is what to do next…
Solution 2: Download & Run the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool
🔹 From the website download, install, and run the QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool
🔹 The tool diagnoses the damaged data and gives two options: Restore a recently backed up company file
🔹 Restore all or most of your data using Auto Data Recovery.
🔹 QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2010 R12 and later or QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2011 R6 and later only. (Follow the same process for every QuickBooks release after QB 2012.
🔹 Attach your file to the Data Recovery Team. In case of any confusion connect with our QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
🔹 If no damage in Company File is identified it indicates that the company file is ok. Move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Download & Run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
🔹 Download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool from the web page.
🔹 Agree to the terms & conditions and follow the wizard to install and use the tool.
🔹 To learn to use the tool you could follow the instructions provided.
🔹 If you are not out of the error you immediately move to the following solution.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Version to the Latest Release
🔹 Update your QB version to the latest product release
🔹 Select Update to the Latest Release web page
🔹 Ensure to select the product
🔹 Select and follow the instructions as provided by the update options: Automatic Updates.
🔹 Manual Updates.
Solution 5: Manual Resolution
🔹 Manual resolution steps can be followed in case the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool fails to run successfully on your computer.
🔹 Search for .nd files:
🔹 Windows 7: Click the Windows Start -> Search field, enter *.nd.
🔹 Windows Vista: Click the Windows Start -> select Search -> enter *.nd.
🔹 Windows XP: Click the Windows Start -> Choose Search for specific files or folders.
🔹 Select all files and folders or part of the file name field, enter *.nd.
🔹 Click Search -> Delete the .nd files
🔹 Go to the first .nd file to highlight it
🔹 Click & choose Delete.
🔹 Confirm yes in the Confirm File Delete window.
🔹 Repeat the above steps for .nd file.
🔹 Select Start -> choose All Programs -> QuickBooks -> QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
🔹 Click Add Folder to display the Browse Folder window on the Scan Folders tab
🔹 Expand the folders and seek where your company files are stored -> click OK.
🔹 Click scan when all the folders are added.
🔹 Company file list is displayed in the QuickBooks company window.
🔹 Attempt to open the file again.
Solution 6: Configure Your Firewall Software
🔹 In case you fail to set up a firewall with the Connection Diagnostic tool and can opt for manual setup of firewall:
🔹 Select Firewall and Internet security for latest updates and network access to see the required specifications.
🔹 Go step by step from to set up your firewall to allow Internet access to the QuickBooks files on all systems.
Solution 7: Set up BitDefender to Permit QuickBooks communication
🔹 Go to BitDefender 10.0 -> choose Antivirus.
🔹 Choose Custom level -> Click Exclude path from the scan.
🔹 Click the New Item -> Click the mapped drive or UNC path
🔹 In case you are unable to protect BitDefender from blocking QuickBooks communication, contact BitDefender Technical Support.
Report to QuickBooks Customer support if none of the solutions work out. If the QuickBooks Error 80070057 is still active on your computer system then call for help.
The QuickBooks error support with their experience and knowledge provides a feasible solution to fix the issue in the minimum wait time. They are also approachable through email and live chat.