Though it is easy to save the file but hard to locate. If you are still figuring out what is a QBW file and how to access QuickBooks QBW file location then you are not alone.
People usually say the program is quite simple to use but it continues to go complex with every single update. Thus you are one among many who find QuickBooks difficult to use. This is the reason why we are here to get your issues fixed. At any point in time if you see any issues with your QuickBooks program then you can dial us toll-free for help.
Quickbooks is one piece of software that no accountant and business owner can live without. It is one of the most useful programs developed by intuiting that is now being successfully used all over the world. If you are a first-time user of QuickBooks, then you should note that there is no save button within the program.
What is a QuickBooks QBW File?
Whenever you create a company file then it is created in a workable format with an .QBW extension. But when you go and try to save the file after entering all the data then you will not find the option under the file menu tab.
By default, the software was developed without having a Save option. This doesn’t mean that if you don’t see a save button then the company file with .QBW extension cannot be saved. Whatever you work on, is saved within the default QuickBooks Qbw file location which you can access later on.
Save a Company File
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts.
- Create the same company file. This you can do by clicking on the New company tab.
- A new company tab can be found under the File option, located on the top navigation bar.
- Put in the required details. All will be self-explanatory. Just fill in the info.
- Once all done, click Ok.
- The moment you press ok, your file will be automatically saved. Note that the company file will be saved in a .QBW format.
- To locate the saved file, just click on the Company’s tab which can be found on the top navigation bar.
Thus, the real trick of saving the company within QuickBooks is by hitting “OK”. But the same is not true when you want to save bills as it can be done by using the save icon within the program.
How to Save a QuickBooks QBW File Location
So once you have saved your company file, how will you access the QuickBooks QBW file location…?
Well, you can do so with the help of the following steps:
- Click on the start menu.
- From the All Programs tab, click on the Quickbooks icon.
- If you see a Quickbooks folder then double click on the folder tab and then click on the software’s icon.
- As soon as the program will open you will see a company file on the startup window.
- Now open up the company details tab.
- You can access the company info. by pressing the CTRL button and then simultaneously hitting 1 on your keyboard.
- In the window that will appear copy and save the path where the QuickBooks file has been saved.
- Now go to the location following the path you just copied and make your desired edits.
As already said that QuickBooks is a bit of a complex set of algorithms, there are many issues that you may walk into if you are using QuickBooks as a beginner. Thus it’s better that you keep Consultant at hand.
At QBpro we ensure that you get top-notch QuickBooks 24/7 Consultant services that help you fix your QB-related issues.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.