People often create a company in quickbooks accounting software but later they find it difficult to delete it. The reason here can be anything, e.g. they delete it because they mistakenly they entered a wrong name or did some spelling error. If you also find yourself in a similar space and is not able to delete a company then follow these simple steps:
How to delete a company in QuickBooks in 2016…?
- Steer to the location by pressing the F2 and then in the new window locate the section which says file information on your computer then take the record of it.
- Check the button beside the company you want to delete and then click on the delete the button.
- Then you have to reopen the QuickBooks and open the edit list button.
- Now check the box that says “HIDE”.
- The file will now not only be hidden from your system but will be deleted as well.
If you are still not able to delete your file then please get in touch with us at our toll free no. 1800-940-7442.
Since now you know how to delete a company in quickbooks, you would now want to open up a new company. If this is so what you want then follow the below given steps:
You might also be interested in: How to get started with quickbooks online.
How to open a Second company in QuickBooks…?
- Open QuickBooks and then click file on the main menu bar.
- From the drop down list click start the new company.
- Click on “Start interview” button on the new company window.
- Now you have you enter the information about the company
- Click next when you are done.
- Then start navigating where you want to save the new companies file.
- In the dialog window select the filename for new company and then click on the save button.
- Click next to continue.
- Fill the information in the dialogue that appears. Now, this will complete the new company set up process.
- Congrats you have created your second company.
If you want to add some more companies then following the above steps only will help you to create more companies. Though you can create as many companies as you would like but you can have only one company in one paid subscription account. Quickbooks offers discounts on every company you make so please make sure to avail that.
Sometimes quickbooks gives you an error that says “quickbooks is not able to open your file”. The reason for this error can be anything, but without rectifying these errors you won’t be able to open your company file. Thus follow the simple steps to open your file.
How to open a company file in quickbooks in case of error.
- Quickbooks desktop should be of the latest update to the latest release.
- Then open the file of the same version that last time you open it.
- You have to open the file directly from the QuickBooks company file.
- Stop any reports and the other windows if you are working in QuickBooks.
- Open the file by holding down alt key.
- Open a sample company.
- Move a company file to a new location.
- Then check the properties of a file.
- Rename your company file.
- Turn off the multi user data or websites.
- Edit file extension.
- Analyze and solve the problems of QuickBooks installation.
If you followed along step by step then your error might have been fixed by now. But incase you are still not able to resolve your issues then give us a call right away at our Toll free number 1800-940-7442.
Accounts are maintained so they can be cross checked in future. Thus maintaining books of accounts is of prime thing for any business. If you are not backing up your key files then there is always a risk of losing them. It can be because of computer break down or memory crash. Thus, if you don’t want to lose your company info then check out:
How to backup your company file.
- Choose file then click on the backup company.
- If there is no backup company then create local backup.
- Select local backup.
- Select the options button.
- In front of your screen, the window will appear that will say backup my files.
- Click on the browse and select the location where you want to have your backup copy.
- If you have a file hosting service then choose the additional folders from it.
- Click ok.
- Click next.
- Select save it now.
- Click finish.
- The process of storing backups will begin.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.
We gaurantee 100% satisfaction