Are you still stuck and don’t know how to “find QuickBooks company file location” then please follow along. When someone is using QuickBooks, the main function one can’t ignore is the ability to access company files and work on them with all the possibilities of working from anywhere.
The tool helps you manage all the important work of your company. The problem people face is finding the company files in QuickBooks. Thus, It is necessary we explore the road to finding the company files with not much difficulty.
Table of Contents
How to Find QuickBooks Company File Location
Below is the list of steps to find the QuickBooks company file location, follow to reach the right destination using the C Drive-?
- Click on Start and then Control Panel.
- After that, click on Appearance and Personalization
- Now click on the option Folders and then click on the tab View
- After this, click on Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives
- You will find the option on Advanced Settings
- Now click on OK to view files
- Double click on the C drive and after that double click on the Users folder
- Now double click on Public followed by clicking on Documents
- You will see the Intuit folder, click on that and then click on the QuickBooks folder.
- Double click on the Company files folder
- After you have located the QBW file, click on the file and then choose the appropriate option from the sub-menu
- It is advisable to write down the directory path which might be needed for future reference
- Repeat the first step and then click on Show Hidden Files, folders, and drives under Advanced Settings Heading
- Now click on OK to accept the changes you have made.
There is another method to Find QuickBooks Company File Location using Windows Search
which you can do by following the path below…
- Click on the Start button
- After that click on Control Panel
- Now click on Appearance and Personalization
- Then Folder Options and click on View Tab
- Show Hidden Files and then OK.
Those were the options you could use to locate your important company files. The best way to find Company files is by using QuickBooks.
Once you have installed QuickBooks (How to download QuickBooks) on your system and you want to locate Company Files, you should follow the steps meticulously-
- Find the QuickBooks Icon on your system and then open the application by clicking it twice
- There is another alternative to doing the above process. You can click on Start, then select all programs, and then the QuickBooks folder. Double click the QuickBooks icon on the folder
- Choose the Company File you want to access and after that double click on the QuickBooks startup screen
- You need to Press and Hold the Ctrl key and press 1
- The result will be the launch of the Product Information Window
- Look in the File information for the QBW extension file
- Once you have been able to access the file, you can click and open the file.
This is how you open your Company File through QuickBooks. Do you know that you can even set up multiple companies in QuickBooks, if you don’t then read along? Work gets easier and more convenient with the software as it also offers access to use QuickBooks on 2 computers. Thus workflows are hassle-free. QuickBooks can definitely prove to be an asset for finding Company files and working without any hassle.
Though if you still find any difficulty with anything related to QuickBooks then call us at our QuickBooks Consultant toll-free Number as we also offer online tech Consultant.