Process of Transfer QuickBooks to New Computer
- Install the quickbooks downloadable file (to a new computer) that you got at the time of purchase of the software.
- Now run the software and go to the help menu > Update my quickbooks.
- Now before transferring your data you would need to make sure that you have maintained a backup of all your folders. You can do that by either having all your backup files in a pen drive or saving that in a dive online.
- As you already now have installed quickbooks onto the new computer, you will have to transfer into it. If it is in the pen drive then simply plug the pen-drive in your new computer and download all your files. If it is online then download it from there.
- Now run the software in your new computer and select the dialogue box where it says “Open or restore current company”.
- Here you would need to goto the folder where you have saved your backup files.
- Now specify the folder where you want to restore your existing company.
- Click on the finish tab when you have successfully restored all your data.
If you are able to see your company in your new computer then congrats, you may now continue your work. But if because of any issue you are not able to restore you existing company then you may give us a call. You can talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor any time of the day by calling our QuickBooks helpline number.