QuickBooks is an accounting software developed by Intuit for the accounting and financial services of growing industries. When you are working on this software, there are chances that you may come across certain errors which may hamper your work. One such error is QuickBooks Error 11118. This error code is also known as license error. When you are opening your QuickBooks or you are trying to activate your QuickBooks Desktop, there are chances you may come across the following error message:
Could not initialize license properties.
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 simplifies that QuickBooks could not load the license data and this error may be due to some damaged or missing files.
This error code can also be written as Error 3371, Status Code -11118 or Error Code 3371, Status Code -1. There are various reasons that may be responsible for QuickBooks Error 3371:
QuickBooks error 11118: Causes
- Presence of some damaged files or missing files for QBregistration.dat and MSXML folders.
- Older version of Windows operating system which requires immediate updating.
- Third-party applications like anti-virus interfering with the QuickBooks files.
- Issues with networks.
- Opening a file without saving it or forgetting to save .QBO file before importing.
Resolution for QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118:
To resolve this error, you just have to follow the solutions mentioned below but before that keep in mind that you have update your QuickBooks software and your Windows software is up-to-date. If this error still persists, follow the solutions mentioned below:
Solution I: Installation of the latest updates for Windows
- Log in to your workstation as Administrator.
- Press the Windows
- Click on the All Programs option and select the Windows Update.
- After installing the updates for your windows, you will have to install the QuickBooks software again.
Solution II: Deleting damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml files
When you are trying to install the QuickBooks Desktop application, there are instances when you are submitting your license number and other details to complete the procedure, so that you can validate your copy of QuickBooks application. If this encrypted data is damaged, then you may have to delete the entitlement file. Here are the steps you need to follow to resolve this error.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Check that the entire functioning of QuickBooks is stopped from running on your workstation.
- Take a backup of your data.
It is always recommended to secure your files, otherwise you may end up losing them. Once the files are damaged, your data will be unrecoverable. Its better you look for professional help.
Dial 1800-865-4183 tollfree to talk to our ProAdvisor.
- Select Shift+Esc +Ctrl keys from your keyboard and open Task Manager window.
For Windows 10: Select More Details option from the Task Manager window.
- Look for all possible occurrence of EXE file and select End Task option.
- Take a backup of your data.
- Choose entitlement data folder used in QuickBooks version that is installed on your workstation and your Windows operating system.
- Press Windows+R from your keyboard to open Run Command
- Enter C:ProgramDataEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6)and press Enter.
- Right-click on the ecmlfile and press the Delete option.
- Select Yes option to confirm that you want to delete this particular entitlement file.
- To register the software, follow all the instructions once you open QuickBooks Company file.
By following the solution mentioned above, you can easily resolve your QuickBooks Error 11118.
In case, you still have some queries, then you can also contact the “askforaccounting.com”. They are one of the most recommended QuickBooks agency who provides customer services round the clock. There 24*7 quick services are highly appreciated by the users worldwide. To contact them, you will have to give a call on their toll-free number 1800-865-4183 and the QuickBooks experts will come to your assistance immediately.