Here is we are discussed about how you can resolve "QuickBooks has stopped working", "QuickBooks not responding" or "QuickBooks won’t open" issue.
QuickBooks has stopped working! The error is not new in the QuickBooks community as there are lot of reasons that may want you to experience such an error. Though as already hinted that there are “n” number of reasons which can cause you QuickBooks issues but the most common among them is “QuickBooks integration” with other software’s.
When you are open QuickBooks Desktop see the following error message on your desktop screen:
When point of sale quickbooks integration is done and the setup is not proper then you are sure to face with an error message “your QuickBooks not responding”. No matter what the actual cause of the issue is, if you are facing an error then that needs to be resolved, and here we will figure out how that can be done all with ease.
Find the Shortcuts
- Causes of “QuickBooks has Stopped Working” Error
- Know the Symptoms of QuickBooks has Stopped Working
- Methods to Fix “QuickBooks has Stopped Working / Not Responding” Issue
- Method 1: Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- Method 2: Download and Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool (QBRefresher)
- Method 3: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Method 4: Restart the Device and Turning off the Anti-virus Program
- Method 5: Create New Windows Admin User to Fix the Bug
- Method 6: Assign a Different Name of QB.INI file
Causes of “QuickBooks has Stopped Working” Error
- Company name provided exceeds the maximum limit set.
- The file called QBWUSER.INI has either gone corrupt or is missing.
- Hard drive is damaged and cannot be accessed properly.
- Installation of QuickBooks application and file was not completed properly.
- Windows Operating System might not be functioning properly.
Know the Symptoms of QuickBooks has Stopped Working
If you have seen below mention symptoms on your software after the crash after that sure to resolve it immediately.
- System shut down
- QuickBooks not responding
- Your device freezes and doesn’t respond to given commands
Methods to Fix “QuickBooks has Stopped Working / Not Responding” Issue
In order to resolve the error of QuickBooks has stopped working you will need to go through the following steps:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- First of all Download QuickBooks repair tool
- Save the all file in a local folder in your desktop
- Shut down all the running program before install the tool
- It will take to 20 minute to scan whole device
- After the scanning tool has repaired the program, restart the
- QuickBooks console
Method 2: Download and Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool (QBRefresher)
QuickBooks stopped working error solved with the help of QuickBooks refresher tool. This is one of the most advanced tool that is specially designed to troubleshoot QuickBooks common errors. Checkout the quick steps to use the tool:
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software and all running files. After that ‘Download QuickBooks Refresher Tool‘ from HERE.
- User required to ‘Save’ this file in your PC.
- When, the download process is complete, click on ‘RUN’ to install the QBRefresher tool.
- The QBRefresher Tool will analyze the running problem with your QuickBooks software and provide the resolving methods.
- End of the process, Open your QuickBooks and verify that the problem is resolved or not.
Method 3: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to easily fixed
- The next step is to run QuickBooks fix my program from the tool hub. QuickBooks fix will shut down any open background process the software uses.
- Select program problems in QuickBooks tool hub
- And then select the quick fix my program
- After that, Open QuickBooks Desktop and open the Data file
- Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub.
- QuickBooks install diagnostic tool diagnose and fixes the issue on its own and fix damaged QuickBooks program uses.
- The clean install tool helps to renaming the old install file folder for the user.
Method 4: Restart the Device and Turning off the Anti-virus Program
- Completely shut down all the programs running in the system and restart the computer.
- Once all the functions and processes of Computer system are up and running start the QuickBooks Desktop again.
- In case the issue is still not resolved, then try to disable any of security software like Antivirus or Malware software. This is a technical process and discretion of technical experts is required.
Method 5: Create New Windows Admin User to Fix the Bug
- Press the ‘Start‘ Button and then open ‘Control Panel‘.
- After that click on ‘Add or Remove User Accounts‘.
- Once ‘Manage Accounts‘ Box is open, Click on ‘Create a New Account‘.
- And then, type the ‘Account Name‘ and select ‘Create Admin account‘.
- Go to the down and Click on the ‘Create Account button‘.
- Done! You have created a new user account.
Method 6: Assign a Different Name of QB.INI file
- When user trying to open the QuickBooks Desktop rename the QBWUSER.INI files can be fix the internal problems.
- You also need to rename the EntitlementDatastore.ecml file.
At least one of the above four resolution should be able to resolve the issue relating Quickbooks has stopped working. However, if the user still faces issue of opening the Quickbooks software, they should connect with the customer support team setup by Intuit.
The team of professionals housed by the company are experienced and knowledgeable with accounting functions like:
- Point of Sale management,
- Tax planning,
- Recording of financial data and a lot more.
The services revolving around finances and inventory tracking will be accorded from expert accountants who have hands down experience in dealing with related tasks. If the user is unable to connect with QuickBooks support professionals then they can call directly at our toll free Number and for online chat support user can browse the website.