Here we discussed how you can resolve the “QuickBooks has stopped working“, “QuickBooks not responding“, or “QuickBooks won’t open” issue. This error QuickBooks has stopped working is not new in the QuickBooks community as there are a lot of reasons that may want you to experience such an error.
Though as already hinted that there are “n” number of reasons which can cause you QuickBooks issues but the most common among them is “QuickBooks integration” with other software. When you open QuickBooks Desktop sees the following error message on your desktop screen.
When the point of sale QuickBooks integration is done and the setup is not proper then you are sure to face an error message “your QuickBooks not responding” or when you are using QuickBooks older version 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. No matter what the actual cause of the issue is, if you are facing any error then that needs to be resolved, and here we will figure out how that can be done all with ease.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks has Stopped Working Error
- 2 Know the Symptoms of QuickBooks has Stopped Working
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks has Stopped Working / Not Responding Issue
- 3.1 Method 1: Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- 3.2 Method 2: Download and Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool (QBRefresher)
- 3.3 Method 3: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- 3.4 Method 4: Restart the Device and Turn off the Anti-virus Program
- 3.5 Method 5: Create a New Windows Admin User to Fix the Bug
- 3.6 Method 6: Assign a Different Name to QB.INI file
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 4.1 Is it possible to use an alternative if QuickBooks doesn’t respond?
- 4.2 Is it helpful to force shut all antivirus programs before troubleshooting the error?
- 4.3 Can re-installing your windows application be a fix for QuickBooks has stopped working error?
- 4.4 Where is the file QBWUSER.INI File located?
Causes of QuickBooks has Stopped Working Error
- The company name provided exceeds the maximum limit set.
- The file called QBWUSER.INI has either gone corrupt or is missing.
- The hard drive is damaged and cannot be accessed properly.
- Installation of QuickBooks application and file was not completed properly.
- Windows Operating System might not be functioning properly.
Know the Symptoms of QuickBooks has Stopped Working
If you have seen mentioned symptoms on your software after the crash that is sure to resolve it immediately.
- System shut down
- QuickBooks not responding
- Your device freezes and doesn’t respond to given commands
How to Fix QuickBooks has Stopped Working / Not Responding Issue
In order to resolve the error of QuickBooks has stopped working you will need to go through the following steps.
Method 1: Use QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- First of all Download the QuickBooks repair tool
- Save all files in a local folder on your desktop
- Shut down all the running programs before installing the tool
- It will take to 20 minutes to scan the whole device
- After the scanning tool has repaired the program, restart the
- QuickBooks console.
Method 2: Download and Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool (QBRefresher)
QuickBooks stopped working error was solved with the help of the QuickBooks refresher tool. This is one of the most advanced tools that is specially designed to troubleshoot QuickBook’s common errors. Check out the quick steps to use the tool:
- First of all, close the QuickBooks software and all running files. After that ‘Download the QuickBooks refresher tool.
- User required to ‘Save’ this file on your PC.
- When the download process is complete, click on ‘RUN’ to install the QBRefresher tool.
- The QBRefresher Tool will analyze the running problem with your QuickBooks software and provide the resolving methods.
- End of the process, Open your QuickBooks and verify that the problem is resolved or not.
Method 3: Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to easily fixed issue
- The next step is to run QuickBooks to fix my program from the tool hub.
- QuickBooks fix will shut down any open background process the software uses.
- Select program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then select the quick fix my program
- After that, Open QuickBooks Desktop and open the Data file
- Run QuickBooks and install the diagnostic tool from the tool hub.
- QuickBooks install a diagnostic tool to diagnose and fixes the issue on its own and fix damaged QuickBooks program uses.
- The clean install tool helps to rename the old install file folder for the user.
Method 4: Restart the Device and Turn off the Anti-virus Program
- Completely shut down all the programs running in the system and restart the computer.
- Once all the functions and processes of a Computer system are up and running start the QuickBooks Desktop again.
- In case the issue is still not resolved, then try to disable any of the security software like Antivirus or Malware software.
- This is a technical process and the discretion of technical experts is required.
Method 5: Create a New Windows Admin User to Fix the Bug
- Press the ‘Start’ Button and then open ‘Control Panel’.
- After that click on ‘Add or Remove User Accounts.
- Once the ‘Manage Accounts’ Box is open, click on ‘Create a New Account.
- And then, type the ‘Account Name’ and select ‘Create Admin account’.
- Go to the down and click on the ‘Create Account button.
- Done! You have created a new user account.
Method 6: Assign a Different Name to QB.INI file
- When the user tries to open the QuickBooks Desktop renaming the QBWUSER.INI files can fix the internal problems.
- You also need to rename the EntitlementDatastore.ecml file.
At least one of the above four resolutions should be able to resolve the issue relating to QuickBooks that has stopped working or QBDT not responding. However, if the user still faces the issue of opening the QuickBooks software, they should connect with the customer Consultant team set up by Intuit.
The team of professionals housed by the company is experienced and knowledgeable with accounting functions like:
Point of Sale management,
Recording of financial data and a lot more.
The services revolving around finances and inventory tracking will be accorded by expert accountants who have hands-down experience in dealing with related tasks.
If the user is unable to connect with QuickBooks error Consultant professionals then they can call directly at our toll-free Number and for online chat Consultant, the user can browse the website.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Is it possible to use an alternative if QuickBooks doesn’t respond?
Yes, it is quite an easy fix to your problem. Successful Alternatives such as FreshBooks are available to the users in case of emergencies.
Is it helpful to force shut all antivirus programs before troubleshooting the error?
It comes off as mandatory to shut all antivirus programs on your system before you proceed to run QuickBooks software.
Can re-installing your windows application be a fix for QuickBooks has stopped working error?
Reinstalling your Windows Operating System is the last resort but it doesn’t disappoint, reinstalling windows would further eliminate QuickBooks and company file information. This can be a solid fix for QuickBooks errors.
Where is the file QBWUSER.INI File located?
Well, this file is present in the computer window generally. To locate follow the given steps:
First, in the computer window, proceed to double-click the C:\Drive and then browse to the path, i.e; as follows:
C:\Users[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks(year) further right-click on the QBWUSER.INI File and then hit on Rename.