In such a scenario, you will have to “Convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop” and how to migrate data files from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
New QuickBooks users are unsure about which QuickBooks version is suitable for their business. The implementation of the right QuickBooks version determines the successful growth of the business. Inadequate knowledge about the features and functions of QuickBooks will result in the conversion of the software version. QuickBooks Online users are not aware of the features and tools of the QuickBooks Desktop version and later realize that it is the right software that fits their business requirements.
- 1 How to Convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop
- 2 Overview QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop- Intuit
- 3 How QuickBooks Desktop is better than QuickBooks Online
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
How to Convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop
Intuit offers a step-by-step guide to Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop QuickBooks. In case you are using an older QuickBooks version you can easily download an updated trial from the QuickBooks trail links available on the QuickBooks website.
- Open QuickBooks Online
- Click Company File >> Export File to QB Desktop
- Choose Help >> Update QuickBooks
- Select Get Updates >> Choose Close >> Go to File >> Exit
- Once the update installation is finished and you get a prompt from QuickBooks start the software
- Enter the login credentials for QuickBooks Desktop
- In case you have inventory file you will be prompted else move to the next step
- Choose the company file to important data/ select to create a new company
- Click OK.
Overview QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop- Intuit
Choosing the right QuickBooks version by understanding the key differences between desktop and online versions helps you make the right decision for your business. The listed details below give you a fair idea of the types of businesses the software versions are recommended.
QuickBooks Desktop for Businesses
QuickBooks Desktop version is the best option for a business that has a fixed location. They do not need access on the go and have a small staff to access the software. For those businesses that do not want a recurring monthly charge and do not wish their accounts to be accessible online, it is considered the best accounting version. Also for the kind of businesses that want to use customized features like tracking budget etc.
The very first thing that you would need to do, is open up your QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to the homepage. This is the area where you can perform your workflow for your customers such as:
- Creating invoices,
- Receiving payments,
- Entering bills and paying bills and your banking activities,
- Recording deposits for payments received,
- Writing checks and entering credit card details,
On the left-hand side, you can find the charges tab and the navigation bar which takes you to all centers of activity so you have:
- Your home page
- Your customer center
- Your vendor center and your report Center all visible on the dashboard.
QuickBooks Online for Businesses
QuickBooks Online version is considered the best for those business owners who seek remote access to the company files and accounts. For those businesses where multiple employees work and can access the company files simultaneously. It is the best application for businesses that are easy with a monthly subscription fee and support. For those businesses that adopt cloud computing and can access data anywhere anytime with strong internet connectivity and those who prefer automation, QuickBooks Online is the best software.
Now, let’s see the home page in QuickBooks Online. The home page in QuickBooks Online is a dashboard made up of tiles. These tiles are snapshots of your business so you see:
- Your profit and loss,
- Your expenses,
- Your open invoices,
- Your overdue invoices,
- Your sales for products and services and all of your bank and credit card accounts that you have connected to QuickBooks in these tiles.
These tiles give you the insight you need to help you determine what you need to do next. This may include sending invoices or paying bills so how do you access tasks like sending invoices and paying bills.
How QuickBooks Desktop is better than QuickBooks Online
Well, In QuickBooks Online you would do this from the home page or you’d also do it from the menus. So if I wanted to send an invoice, I would go to the customers’ tab and create invoices then when I’m ready to receive payment I would again click on customers. When I am now ready to receive payments and then when I’m ready to deposit the payment I would click on banking and make deposits.
If I want to see my lists for my company I would click on the list of the menu and then select the chart of accounts and my item list. And if I wanted to change any of my settings I would click on edit and click on preferences so let’s see how you do this in QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Perform the same function in QuickBooks Desktop?
So in QuickBooks Desktop, we’ve simplified this down to two menus. The plus menu, which you can find in the upper right-hand corner. Just click on the same and when you do that then it is really used to create anything that you want to do in QuickBooks so you can:
- Create an invoice
- Under customers you can receive a payment,
- You could create a bill or pay bills and then you could make bank deposits to lists to access all of your settings or lists related to your company.
You would click on the gear menu to see your company settings such as accountant settings that are the same as preferences. You could add or remove users by managing users. You can access all of your company lists so your chart of accounts for your products and services which you would know as your item list on QuickBooks desktop.
If the Convert QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop conversion is not complete or you face any inconvenience. You can report immediately to the QuickBooks support number. The support number connects you to the experienced QuickBooks professionals that cater to prompt and responsive support. You can email your query as well. For instant support, you can contact me via online chat.