QuickBooks is a successful accounting software that has maintained its significant place with its potential features and advanced tools. These features and tools help to mobilize the accounting and financial functions that further helps in saving business time and money. If you are QuickBooks Online user and looking forward to syncing your data, then it is not possible. Yes, QuickBooks Online integration with Desktop can’t be done. Here is the source to verify this fact.
The easiest thing you can do is save and transfer your company data from QB Online to QB Desktop. But for this, the file needs to be converted to be opened in QB Desktop.
To make the conversion possible you would need to follow the export steps discussed below. But first there are few important steps that need to be taken care of:
- QuickBooks Online is capable of exporting only company files.
- The financial data can be exported to the desktop company file only.
- The data that fails to be imported into QBOE is removed, and cannot be exported such as the Memorized Transactions.
Exporting your accounts data to your desktop will not affect your online subscription.
Exporting QuickBooks Online data:
As already said that QuickBooks Online Integration with Desktop is not possible. In fact, QuickBooks Online is the only product that does not sync with the desktop. But sure you can export data from Online to your desktop version.
The data export procedure is very simple. Follow the few steps as mentioned:
- Go to QuickBooks Online application.
- Click on the settings tab located in the top right corner of your screen.
- This will open up a drop-down menu.
- Click Export Data, from the list of options provided.
- Choose the data category that is supposed to be exported. You will now see two options, click on the most preferred option provided:
- All financial data: transfers transactions along with your lists included.
- All financial Data without transactions: transfers entire content along with the lists including current balances as well.
- Click Next. Please note, that the export process varies entirely depending upon the type of data chosen.
- Follow the set of prompts and you will be able to export data with ease.
Steps for final Export Conversion
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop in single-user mode. For the paid version ensure that “No Company file” is Open. In case it is so, then click on the Go button to file and choose to close the Company.
- In case you are using the trial version and if it is permitted you can open a sample company else have No Company Open.
- Now, log into your QBO company file and navigate to your homepage.
- Go back to the settings menu and choose to export your data. Choose the same options that you did when you first attempted to export.
- It will prompt you that you already have a file ready to download.
- Click Continue to Download to download it again.
- When you get the “save your company file screen” then choose to save it to your hard drive. Click save.
- You will now see export_company.qbxml being downloaded. Let the file download completely.
- Inside QuickBooks Desktop version, close all other windows.
- You should get the No Company Open screen.
- Click on the convert button that appears on QB Online Export window. If you don’t see this already then let your file download completely.
- Once the Create new QuickBooks file window opens, choose the name and location for your new company.
- Click yes to the warning message that appears.
From this point, a new company file will be created within QuickBooks Desktop. This will include your QuickBooks Online data, use this data as and when required.
Since QuickBooks online integration with Desktop is absolutely not possible, but still, you have managed to successfully export your file.
Verify your QuickBooks Desktop file Data.
Once the company data is exported, run a Balance Sheet and a Profit and Loss report. Do this with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop to ensure that the numbers are matching. The Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reports must run on an Accrual basis and for all the dates in both the programs.
Once all verified, you can be pretty sure that your data has been exported successfully.
For more details on “How to sync QuickBooks online with desktop,” you can connect with QuickBooks customer support. You can approach us via mail or give us a call at our toll-free number.