Are you tired of the QuickBooks Online login issues?
Do you also not able to configure why QuickBooks Online won’t log in to your Google Chrome browser but works in another?
Here you are at the right place!
The Intuit QuickBooks online login problems are not so common and they can happen because of many reasons like browser settings not configured, problems from intuit itself, session time out, and others.
You have to identify that the login problem happens because of the Browser or from the intuit itself. To identify this try to log in to your QuickBooks Online account in another browser. If you are able to log in then there is a problem related to your browser.
In this article, you get to know what login issues users get, what are the reason for the problems, and how to fix them.
- 1 Know the Reasons that Encounter the QuickBooks Online Sign-in glitches?
- 2 What are the Problems of Login that User Encounters with their Solutions?
- 2.1 1. Login Issues in Google Chrome Browser with QuickBooks Online
- 2.2 2. QuickBooks Online login error 504 ‘Gateway Time-Out’
- 2.3 3. Error “Oops something went wrong” appears when you sign in to QuickBooks Online
- 2.4 4. You get a Spinning circle on the screen when you click to log in
- 2.5 How to Clear History and Cache in Various Browsers?
- 2.6 Can I also Reset my Account if any Login Problem Happen?
- 2.7 Do Internet Connection also cause QuickBooks Online login Problems?
Know the Reasons that Encounter the QuickBooks Online Sign-in glitches?
5 top reasons because that user faces the QuickBooks Online login problems. These reasons are here so that you must know about it and can identify a reason to apply the solution for resolving the cause. The reasons are:-
- There are some issues going with Intuit itself so do check for their website
- The history or cache of the browser slows down the performance of the browser that you are using
- If someone is already logged in to your account then you won’t be able to log in
- The firewall or antivirus that is running on your computer causing issues by blocking the access
- If your previous login session was not signed out completely.
What are the Problems of Login that User Encounters with their Solutions?
Many QuickBooks Online login issues can happen but the reasons may vary from user to user. Not all users face the same issues and problems. So here are the problems that you can face while logging in to your account using the browser. You have to fix it for that all the solutions are also mentioned with the problems below.
1. Login Issues in Google Chrome Browser with QuickBooks Online
There are many login issues that users face while logging in to their QuickBooks Online account. To fix the issues you must know the reason for the error you get so that you can apply the solution to fix it out. The solutions are as follows:
A. Solutions to fix the Google Chrome issues with QuickBooks Online
- Login to your QuickBooks account using any other Browse
If you are facing log-in issues in your browser then firstly try to do the same in another browser to check the problem that it is in the browser or in your QuickBooks account. The chrome settings are not set properly which causes you many issues. So, try to set the settings properly till then try to log in to a different browser.
- Open the Incognito or Private window in Google Chrome
For QuickBooks Online login issues in Google chrome, you have to try to log your account in the private or incognito window. When you use the private window mode then your history won’t be recorded and it won’t show in the history of the browser. To do this there are few steps that you have to follow:-
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- Then press the keys Ctrl + Shift + N together
- It opens up the incognito window in your chrome browser
- You can also go to the 3 dots in the top right side of your chrome browser
- From the options, click on the New Incognito Window
- Then the private window opens up now you can log in to your QuickBooks Online account to check it’s logging in or not.
- Add another additional user in your Chrome Browser
You can also add a new user to your Google Chrome and after that try to log in to your QuickBooks Online account. Here are the steps to create the new user are as follows:-
- Launch the Google Chrome browser
- Click on the 3 dots that are at the top right side
- Now from further shown options, you have to click on the user’s option
- Click on the Add New User option
- You have to select an icon then mention the name of the user
- For creating the desktop shortcut skip it
- Then click on the Create option to create the new user
- After creating a new user you can see it on the top left side of the chrome window
- Switch to the new user easily and then try to log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Clear all the cache and the History of your browser
This is the most common solution that resolves many other problems also. Clearing the cache or history is important to be done regularly. So it won’t cause you the slow performance anymore. The steps for clearing the cache and history of your browser is as follows:-
- In your Google Chrome, click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome symbol
- Then click on the Settings option
- In the settings, click on the History Tab
- Look for the option Clear Browsing Data and click on it to clearing all the history of the browser
- A window with many options open up from which you have to tick mark all the options like clear cookies, flies, cached images, passwords, and more
- Click on the button Clear browsing data and you are done.
- Check and verify the Google SSO (Single Sign On)
In the latest update of QuickBooks and Google in the year 2020, now the QuickBooks users who are using to log in their account on the iPad or iPhone users are no longer to login using the Google account. Still, if you are using this way to log in then don’t do this.
Now, you can enter the credential of your account. Make sure to enter the correct user id and password to log in to your account and start working.
B. Another solution steps to fix QuickBooks Online Login Problems
There are some other solutions that you can do if the above solution won’t work for you. These solutions surely help you resolve the issue. Follow this solution to fix your login issues:-
- Check the SSL settings of the Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer
1 For Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser on your personal computer
- Then click on the Address bar and type Config then click on Enter button
- In the search bar type TLS and press Enter button
- Double-click on the name tls.version.min that is shown on your screen
- After that, according to the TLS or SSL type the value of integer to enable it
- Click on the OK button
- Close the browser and then again open it
- Now sign in to your QuickBooks Online account.
2 For Internet Explorer
- Open the Run window in your system
- Then in the text field of the Run window, type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter button from the keyboard
- You get a window opens up named internet properties
- In this window, click on the Advanced Tab
- Go to the drop-down list of settings and look for SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0
- Check mark on both the SSL 2.0 and 3.0 and then click on the OK button
- After these settings, close and reopen the browser
- Open QuickBooks Online in the browser and try to log in.
- Check, verify, and change the additional settings of privacy
- Check and verify that the privacy settings are set to the low or medium
- Allow the www qbo intuit login access
- Also, allow access to cookies
- Close the browser after all settings, and again open the browser to qbo login.
For checking the Internet Explorer Security Settings
a. Open the Run window
i. Press Windows and Hold + R keys together to open the Run window
b. Then type the inetcpl.cpl and click on the OK button or press Enter button to continue
c. Click on the Advanced tab and go to the Security settings by scrolling down
d. In this, you see the checkbox of Do Not Save encrypted pages so make sure to remove the check mark if it is checked.
2. QuickBooks Online login error 504 ‘Gateway Time-Out’
The Gateway Time-Out error encounters because of the server that is taking too much time for website loading so when it takes this much time it shows time-out for the session you are trying.
There are some solutions that you can try on your own to fix the QuickBooks Online login error 504 ‘Gateway Time-Out’. These solutions are:-
- Restart all your devices of the network that you have like the router or modem
- Verify the DNS server that is correct or not. The internet service provider configured it correct
- You also try again loading the page as it can be a temporary error also. Try to refresh your web page
- Set the proxy settings to the default if it is not.
3. Error “Oops something went wrong” appears when you sign in to QuickBooks Online
When you log in to your QuickBooks Online account then suddenly you get an error that says “Oops Something went wrong”. It happens when everything is correct even the credentials are also correct. Then don’t worry here is the solution that you have to follow to fix this problem.
The reason behind this error is you have any kind of extension for securing data in your browser that interrupts the working of QuickBooks Online.
Here are the steps that you have to follow to fix this error:-
- In your Google Chrome web browser, go to the top right side and click on the 3 dots
- Click on the option More Tools
- Then from forwarding options select the Extensions
- In the search bar, write the tool name you are using as an extension for data security
- Now, disable this extension from chrome
- After all, this, try to log in to your QuickBooks Online.
4. You get a Spinning circle on the screen when you click to log in
When you log in to your QuickBooks Online account then it won’t log in and continue loading the page. With this loading page, you won’t be able to do anything else in the same window and it also won’t load fully. Instead of seeing it loading or see the spinning circle on the screen try these solutions to fix it.
Solution 1: Open the Private or Incognito Window
Do try to open your QuickBooks account in the incognito or private window. If it is working properly then remove the cache of your browser and try it to open in the normal window of the browser.
Shortcuts of different browsers to open the Private or Incognito window are:-
- Internet Explorer- Ctrl + Shift + P
- Google Chrome- Ctrl + Shift + N
- Safari- Command + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox- Ctrl + Shift + P
- Microsoft Edge- Ctrl + shift + N
Solution 2: Restart the System and Check Settings of the Privacy
- Refresh the background processes that are running in your system by restarting your computer
- After this still facing issues, then check the privacy settings of the browser
- Fix the setting by set it to low or medium and provide the access to the URL of Intuit
- When the settings are done, close and again open the browser and open the QuickBooks account
- Still, not working after doing the above 2 steps then you have to logout of the account and again login QuickBooks on your personal computer.
Many of the login issues are mentioned above with the solutions to fix them; so that you came to know how to get them resolved. In short, you have to check your browser’s settings, clear the cache, check no one is using your account, try to open in a private window or stop the antivirus or firewall applications.
Still, facing issues or you are not able to resolve them, then connect with the QuickBooks helpdesk team. The team is trained to fix the glitches of the QuickBooks account by providing you best assistance.
How to Clear History and Cache in Various Browsers?
A. Internet Explorer- Ctrl + Shift + Delete OR Ctrl + H >> select the history according to day >> right click and select Delete
B. Microsoft Edge- Ctrl + Shift + Delete
C. Safari- History >> Clear History >> choose the time range >> clear history
D. Mozilla Firefox- Ctrl + Shift + Delete
E. Google Chrome- Ctrl + H >> select the history >> Clear browsing history >> select time range >> Delete.
Can I also Reset my Account if any Login Problem Happen?
You can reset your account if the problem cause is related to Intuit or QuickBooks. But if the problem is with the browser then there is no benefit to reset your QuickBooks Online account.
Do Internet Connection also cause QuickBooks Online login Problems?
Yes, if there is a slow or no internet connection then you won’t be able to log in to your QuickBooks Online account. Do check the internet connection first and then check for other reasons.