In case you don’t know, how to “change password in QuickBooks“, how to recover lost/forgotten password then this is what we gonna focus on today. QuickBooks software is one sought after accounting application that takes care of your accounting data. This is done by allowing access to a specific users to access the software with their own login credentials. In case the user is employing more than one employee to handle the software then it is recommended to generate separate login credentials for all employees.
- 1 Before Proceeding with the Steps to Change Passwords, there are certain points to keep in mind as listed below:
- 2 How to Change Password in QuickBooks:
- 3 The User has Lost or Forgotten the Password
- 4 QuickBooks Keeps Asking to Change Password:
Before Proceeding with the Steps to Change Passwords, there are certain points to keep in mind as listed below:
- Complex Passwords: User should ensure the password length is not below 7 characters inclusive of letters (both uppercase & lowercase), numbers and special characters.
- Case Sensitive: All the passwords are case sensitive, so user should remember if caps lock key and number lock key are on or not. It might cause the user to not be able to login.
- Admin Login Credentials: If the user encounters a login window that only asks for password but not login id, then it is probably admin login window. If the user is non-admin then they need to close the software and open it again.
- No Space: Password will not consists of space.
How to Change Password in QuickBooks:
In order to make changes in the password credential for any employee, user should follow the steps below:
Total Time: 10 minutes
🔹 Open the software, select the Company option.
🔹 Select the User tab and then Set Up Users and Roles option.
🔹 Now click on User Name of the employee that requires to be changed and then select Edit tab.
🔹 In the new screen user has the option of editing the User Name, Roles and Password of the employee.
🔹 Under this window user can also reset password by framing a challenge question in case the employee forgets the password.
🔹 Once the editing function is complete then select OK option.
🔹 Next click on Edit any Other User option if more changes have to be made and lastly click on Close tab once the process is complete.
The User has Lost or Forgotten the Password
Resetting through Challenge Question:
- On the login screen of QuickBooks software select the option – I Forgot My Password.
Provide the appropriate answer to the security question asked and then press OK tab.
- Once the user clicks on Close option, a message pops-up stating – “Your password and challenge answer and question have been removed, and your company file is no longer password-protected.”
- Once the message gets closed, user will have to a new password as well as a challenge question and answer under security question.
- Once the question and answer has been put up click on OK tab.
- You can also use QuickBooks automated password reset tool
Resetting Another User’s Password:
- Open QuickBooks and login as the administrator with admin login credentials.
- Select the Company option from main menu, then Set Up Users and Passwords tab and lastly Set up Users from the menu option.
- If asked again, then the user will have to provide admin password again.
- Under the list called User – click on the user / employee of whom password has to be changed and then click on Edit tab.
- Type in the new password and then click on Next twice.
- Complete the process by selecting Finish tab.
QuickBooks Keeps Asking to Change Password:
This is one of the query that we dealt with recently. One of our QuickBooks client was facing this issue where he wasn’t able to use QuickBooks as it continue to ask for password change.
- Recently it appeared a bug to us, but when we inquired then found out that it is the result of latest update. People were not able to use QuickBooks effortlessly after the recent update. Though if this is the real cause then we cannot do anything about it as intuit will have to look into the matter.
- We also found that people also receive this error when they try to open up the file which is credit card protected. If this is the case with you then QuickBooks will prompt you to change the password. Though it is recommended to change the password every 90 days but even if you change it, the software will still insist you to change the password.
In-order to Fix this Issue QuickBooks Keeps Asking to Change Password, you would need to follow the steps:
- For this you would need to make sure that your encrypted file is not damaged.
- If the file is not damaged then move further to deactivate credit card protection. You can do that by logging in to your QuickBooks company file then:
- Click on the companies tab,
- Select credit protection tab,
- Now choose to deactivate the protection.
The above steps will help you answer your query “how to change password in QuickBooks”. In case you require any help or you are looking for QuickBooks support as a whole then dial us toll free. AskforAccounting hires certified expert staff that can help you fix your every issue within the program. Thus wait no longer and connect for help now.