Has anyone been having problems with “QuickBooks Freezes and Crashes“. QuickBooks Desktop 2020 hangs on Startup. User may encounter various issues when QuickBooks freezes while performing specific actions when you try to open a new window in QuickBooks file. You may be trying to print an invoice, use the register, customize a report…whatever you’re trying to do, QuickBooks always seems to freeze instead of opening up that next print, register, or customization window.
If you are encountering issues with your QuickBooks then most likely the problem is not the software itself. In majority of the cases, windows is found to be at fault. Here is the error that you may receive:
QuickBooks does not actually freeze– an offscreen next to it has just opened.
This simply means that the windows has opened outside visible range due to monitor setup. This error also suggests that QuickBooks has frozen and the windows is waiting for the input. You can’t click on the right button because nothing is visible on the screen. It won’t even let you open or use any other windows or functions until you click on offscreen windows. You won’t be able to proceed anywhere in QuickBooks and it looks like software has frozen.
- 1 Reason When QuickBooks Desktop Crashes on Startup
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Freezes/Crashes on Startup:
- 3 QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing – Why the Software Constantly Crashes
Reason When QuickBooks Desktop Crashes on Startup
There are many reason for this. some of the most commonly referenced on the intuit:
- QuickBooks freezes while opening Company file.
- QuickBooks may freeze while working on QuickBooks or performing actions.
- The freezing may cause some error message.
- Verify or Rebuild Data Utilities has not detected any error
- QuickBooks freezes while sending email
- Your computer is too old.
- Your computer is too new.
- Your data file is too big.
- You like to protect your computer with anti-virus.
- Your hard drive is corrupted.
- Your data file is damaged/corrupt.
- Your company name is too long.
- Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
What is Common When QuickBooks 2020 Crashes
- On Startup
- When Attaching a File
- When Opening a File
- When Clicking “Send Forms”
- When Opening Check Register
- When Opening a Company File/Changing from One Company to Another
- When Emailing an Invoice
- When Saving
- Freezes when printing
How to Fix QuickBooks Freezes/Crashes on Startup:
This is very general and now recognized problem when you try to open QuickBooks but it does not respond/open and nothing happens. Here is what you have to do in such case. Here is the best solution that you can perform that will help you resolve “QuickBooks crashes on startup” error.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Step 1: Use of Escape Key (ESC)
🔹 Identify the task due to which your QuickBooks freezes, perform the task again.
🔹 Now, press the escape button from your keyboard.
🔹 Now, perform the same task again if your error is not resolved.
🔹 Once you press the ESC key from your keyboard, most open will be closed by QuickBooks (The recently opened offscreen one).
🔹 Once it is closed, reset it into the current visible area of windows.
🔹 Next time, if you try to perform the same option
🔹 Check that an appropriate window appears and QuickBooks freezes, no longer while performing any task.
Step 2: If you are using Windows 7, 8 and windows Vista
If you are using any of the above windows version to use QuickBooks and there is a complain regarding QuickBooks freezing continuously then here is what you can do:
🔹 Press Windows + E to open computer’s windows. Now click on computer tab in Windows 8.
🔹 Now, change program or click on uninstall.
🔹 Now, select QuickBooks.
🔹 Once QuickBooks software opens, click on change/uninstall.
Beware…! You need to only change the QuickBooks server settings.
🔹 If you simply press the uninstall button then you may end up deleting your QuickBooks data and the software itself.
🔹 QuickBooks Server Windows –> select next –> click on radio repair button –> select next and repair.
🔹 Select finish –> this will repair your QuickBooks Server configuration.
🔹 Now, open your QuickBooks server file menu and check whether the problem is still within the software or not.
QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing – Why the Software Constantly Crashes
- You may be using QuickBooks with some corrupted driver or the systems extension might be damaged. If this is the issue that it can simply be resolved by rebooting the system.
- Another possibility is that you might have infected data that would be bothering your working. To rectify this issue, you would need go to the files tab within QuickBooks and choose to select Rebuild data under utilities tab.
The rare possibility under which you will see QuickBooks crashing would when you have shut down from QuickBooks with windows minimized.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing Issue:
- Check out the library section of your system.
- Click on the library’s tab and a window will appear.
- Click on preferences.
- Here you will find files with extension .plist. If you see them then drag them to the trash.
- Now log back to your QuickBooks account again then you will see the problem resolved.
Reach us For when QuickBooks Crashes on Startup:
If you still find QuickBooks freezes error in the software or your QuickBooks crashes on startup, then you would need technical Support. If you know a QuickBooks ProAdvisor then great but if you are still facing issues connecting with them then dial us for help. QuickBooks Error Support professionals are at your service 24/7. Get in touch with us and get your every query sorted, all with ease.
Here are some of our connectivity Channels:
- Our Toll-Free Number: Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help you get your issues fixed. We provide on call support and will also let you train on the subject. Though we understand QuickBooks is tough thus so we are. Thus if you are facing QuickBooks error then dial us for help, toll-free.
- Live Chat Support: Our Live Chat Support system is available on our Website QuickBooks Update. Support, our customer can get in touch with us through this feature according to convenience of time or according.
Queries You Can Contact us for:
|QuickBooks Freezes When Exporting to Excel||Quickbooks Reconcile Now Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Printing||Quickbooks Freezes On Reconciliation|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Emailing||Quickbooks Online Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes After Login||Quickbooks Hangs On Startup|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Backing Up||Quickbooks Hangs On Backup|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Printing Checks||Quickbooks Hangs On Registration|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Sending Invoice||Quickbooks Pos Freezes On Startup|
|Quickbooks Freezes On Startup||Quickbooks Freezes When Opening Invoice|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Opening||Quickbooks Freeze Panes|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Importing Accountant’S Changes||Quickbooks Pos Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes||Quickbooks Payroll Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Opening Company File||Quickbooks Program Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes After Reconciling||Quickbooks Hangs Printing|
|Quickbooks Pos Freezes After Login||Quickbooks Pro Freezing|
|Quickbooks Backup Freezes At 99||Quickbooks Freezes When Switching To Single User Mode|
|Quickbooks Backup Freezes At 5||Quickbooks Freezing Reconcile|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Saving As Pdf||Quickbooks Registration Freezes|
|Quickbooks Backup Freezes||Quickbooks Freezes When Reconciling Windows 7|
|Quickbooks Freezes During Bank Reconciliation||Quickbooks Freezes When Registering|
|Quickbooks Freezes During Backup||Quickbooks 2014 Registration Freezes|
|Quickbooks Backup Hangs At 99||Quickbooks 2010 Freezes When Reconciling|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Paying Bill||Quickbooks 2009 Freezes When Reconciling|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Reconciling Bank||Quickbooks Hangs Sending Email|
|Quickbooks Freezes Computer||Quickbooks Point Of Sale Freezes After Login|
|Quickbooks Freezes Opening Company File||Quickbooks Point Of Sale Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Creating Invoice||Quickbooks 2010 Freezes When Saving As Pdf|
|Quickbooks Pos Client Freezes After Login||Quickbooks Freezes When Trying To Print|
|Quickbooks Freezes During Reconciliation||Quickbooks Freezes When Trying To Email|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Verifying Data||Quickbooks Freezes When Printing To Pdf|
|Quickbooks Enterprise Freezes||Quickbooks Freezes Up|
|Quickbooks Email Freezes||Quickbooks Freezes Upon Opening|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Emailing Invoices||Quickbooks Update Freezing|
|Quickbooks Email Hangs||Quickbooks 2014 Freezes Up|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Sending Email||Quickbooks Freezes When Updating Payroll|
|Quickbooks 2010 Freezes When Emailing Invoice||Quickbooks Update Hangs|
|Quickbooks 2009 Freezes Sending Email||Quickbooks 2015 Freezing Up|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Trying To Email Invoice||Quickbooks 2013 Freezing Up|
|Quickbooks Installation Freezes||Quickbooks 15 Freezing|
|Quickbooks Is Freezing||Quickbooks 16 Freezing|
|Quickbooks 2015 Freezes In Windows 10||Quickbooks Freezes Windows 10|
|Quickbooks Install Hangs||Quickbooks 2015 Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Logging In||Quickbooks 2014 Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes When Printing Invoices||Quickbooks 2013 Freezes When Opening Company File|
|Quickbooks Keeps Freezing||Quickbooks 2016 Freezes|
|Quickbooks Freezes Mouse||Quickbooks 2010 Freezes When Sending Email|
|Quickbooks For Mac Freezes||Quickbooks Reconciliation Freezes Windows 7|