Has anyone been having problems with “QuickBooks Freezes or Crashes“? QuickBooks Desktop 2020 hangs on Startup. Users may encounter various issues when QuickBooks freezes while performing specific actions when they try to open a new window in the QuickBooks file.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Freezing or QuickBooks Crashing Issue
- 2 Reason When QuickBooks Freezes or Crashes on Startup
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks Freezes or Crashes on Startup
- 4 QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing
What is QuickBooks Freezing or QuickBooks Crashing Issue
You may be trying to print an invoice, use the register, customize a report…whatever you’re trying to do, QuickBooks always seems to freeze instead of opening up that next print, register, or customization window. If you are encountering issues with your QuickBooks then most likely the problem is not the software itself.QuickBooks freezes while opening a company file, QuickBooks freezes when printing, and QuickBooks may freeze while working on QuickBooks or performing actions. In the majority of the cases, windows are found to be at fault. Here is the error that you may receive:
QuickBooks does not actually freeze an offscreen next to it has just opened.
This simply means that the windows have opened outside visible range due to the monitor setup. This error also suggests that QuickBooks has frozen and the windows are waiting for the input. You can’t click on the right button because nothing is visible on the screen. It won’t even let you open or use any other windows or functions until you click on offscreen windows. You won’t be able to proceed anywhere in QuickBooks and it looks like the software has frozen.
Reason When QuickBooks Freezes or Crashes on Startup
There are many reasons for this. some of the most commonly referenced on the intuit.
- Verify or Rebuild Data Utilities has not detected an error
- QuickBooks freezes while sending email
- Your computer is too old or too new.
- Your data file is too big.
- You like to protect your computer with anti-virus.
- Your hard drive is corrupted.
- Your data file is damaged/corrupt.
- Your company name is too long.
- Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
What is Common When QuickBooks 2020 Crashes
- On startup
- When attaching or opening a file
- When clicking on send forms
- When opening the check register
- When Opening a Company File/Changing from One Company to Another
- When Emailing an Invoice or saving
- Freezes when printing
How to Fix QuickBooks Freezes or Crashes on Startup
This is very general and now recognized the problem when you try to open QuickBooks but it does not respond/open and nothing happens. Here is what you have to do in such a case. Here is the best solution that you can perform that will help you resolve the QuickBooks freezes or crashes on startup errors.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Step 1: Use of Escape Key (ESC)
🔹 Identify the task due to which your QuickBooks freezes, and perform the task again.
🔹 Now, press the escape button from your keyboard.
🔹 Now, perform the same task again if your error is not resolved.
🔹 Once you press the ESC key from your keyboard, most open will be closed by QuickBooks (The recently opened offscreen one).
🔹 Once it is closed, reset it into the currently visible area of windows.
🔹 Next time, if you try to perform the same option
🔹 Check that an appropriate window appears and QuickBooks freezes, no longer while performing any task.
Step 2: If you are using Windows 7, 8, and Windows Vista
If you are using any of the above windows versions to use QuickBooks and there is a complaint regarding QuickBooks freezing continuously then here is what you can do:
🔹 Press Windows + E to open the computer’s windows.
🔹 Now click on the computer tab in Windows 8.
🔹 Now, change the program or click on uninstall.
🔹 Now, select QuickBooks.
🔹 Once QuickBooks software opens, click on change/uninstall.
🔹 If you simply press the uninstall button then you may end up deleting your QuickBooks data and the software itself.
🔹 QuickBooks Server Windows –> select next –> click on radio repair button –> select next and repair.
🔹 Select finish –> this will repair your QuickBooks Server configuration.
🔹 Now, open your QuickBooks server file menu and check whether the problem is still within the software or not.
QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing
The rare possibility under which you will see QuickBooks crashing would be when you have shut down from QuickBooks with windows minimized.
Reasons QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing
- You may be using QuickBooks with some corrupted driver or the extension of the system might be damaged. If this is the issue that it can simply be resolved by rebooting the system.
- Another possibility is that you might have infected data that would be bothering your work. To rectify this issue, you would need to go to the files tab within QuickBooks and choose to select Rebuild data under the utility tab.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks for Mac Keeps Crashing
- Check out the library section of your system.
- Click on the library’s tab and a window will appear.
- Click on preferences.
- Here you will find files with extension .plist.
- If you see them then drag them to the trash.
- Now log back to your QuickBooks account again then you will see the problem resolved.
If you still find a QuickBooks freezes error in the software or your QuickBooks crashes on startup, then you would need technical Consultant. If you know a QuickBooks Experts then great but if you are still facing issues connecting with them then dial us for help.
QuickBooks Error Consultant professionals are at your service 24/7. Get in touch with us and get your every query sorted, all with ease. Here are some of our connectivity Channels…
- Our Toll-Free Number: Our customer Consultant team is available 24/7 to help you get your issues fixed. We provide on-call Consultant and will also let you train on the subject. Though we understand QuickBooks is tough thus so we are. Thus if you are facing a QuickBooks error then dial us for help, toll-free.
- Live Chat Consultant: Our Live Chat Consultant system is available on our Website QuickBooks Update. Consultant, our customers can get in touch with us through this feature according to the convenience of time or according.