QuickBooks is the most used bookkeeping solutions according the recent survey. Though it is easy to use application but there are certain conditions when you can encounter some technical errors. These technical errors then hamper your work flow. One such error comes in the form of a message “QuickBooks keeps aborting”.
There are various reasons which are responsible for the error message QuickBooks keeps aborting. When you encounter this error, you just receive the prompt notification on your computer screen. Here are some causes that are responsible for such an issue:
- Damaged or corrupt QBWUSER.INI file
- Missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Damaged hard-drive.
- Corrupt Programming files
- Latest updates are not installed for QuickBooks
- Windows Operating System is corrupt.
Before you can start to fix your issue, here is what you need to make sure…
- Check if you have a proper and constant network connection from server to your data file.
- Check for the hosting status in your QuickBooks.
Steps to fix QuickBooks keeps aborting error in Multi user mode.
- Open your QuickBooks application.
- Go to the File option from the menu bar.
- Click on Utilities.
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Check mark on the box with option, “Open a file in multi-user mode”.
Try to run QuickBooks and check if you are facing the issue. Most likely you will not but in case you are still going through the trouble then head over to the second solution.
Method II: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool by click on the link provided.
- Install the setup file.
- This file is saved locally on your desktop.
- Double-click on the setup file and install the program.
- Stop all the other applications from running as it may interfere with this procedure.
- Now, run the tool to repair the software.
Incase if it didn’t work for you then jump on the next solution.
Method III: Restart & temporarily disable Antivirus
- Restart your computer system.
- From the Control Panel, temporarily disable your antivirus.
- Try to open your QuickBooks Desktop now and hope you won’t see QuickBooks Keeps Aborting error.
Method IV: Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file
- Check whether folder is hidden or not.
- If it is hidden, then enable the hidden files and folders, so that you can view the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Browse for your QBWUSER.INI folder and right-click on it.
- Click on the Rename option
- Add .old in the end of the file name.
- Now, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- After you have made changes in the name for both the files, try to open the QuickBooks Company file.
- If you can easily open the other file but still facing some issues in opening the actual company files.
- Then, it is recommended that you copy this file in the separate folder and access this from that location. It should be local folder that a network location.
Connect with us:
Dial for help at 1800-865-4183
The solutions suggested in this article will seamlessly resolve your QuickBooks keeps Aborting issue. If you are unable to resolve this problem and need help from an expert then you should get in touch with consultancies like Askforaccounting. We have hired extremely talented and skilled QuickBooks Proadvisor Support staff who will easily resolve this problem in the minimal wait of time. You just have to give a call to their helpline toll-free number 1800-865-4183 and the expert who is available will immediately come to your assistance. For more details, you can also visit our website page at askforaccounting.com for any further help.