E-mail services can be configured for QuickBooks desktop services for sending and receiving an invoice, reports, product sales, and others. Several options are provided to configure the email services for the desktop version of QuickBooks. But still there are times when you see a message like: Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences.
The email options provided by QuickBooks are Outlook, webmail and QuickBooks own email. However, for the same version, you may not find all the three options together, as it provides different options for different versions.
If Outlook is already installed on your PC then you can opt for this option. Outlook is actually one of the mailing software preferred by many business houses as it provides high-end security, whereas QuickBooks email is least preferred compared to that. Outlooks allow you to send a variety of forms through its email service.
- 1 Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
- 2 How to Fix Outlook is Not an Option in QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
Error like this prevents you from using outlook through QuickBooks. Thus if you are struggling to fix an issue like such then here is what needs to be done:
- One of the primary reasons behind this error may be because your QuickBooks desktop version is not supporting the present version of Outlook. If such is the case then consider to have your QuickBooks updated.
- Maybe you are using an older version of Outlook.
- Your profile is not been created for Microsoft outlook.
- You have not set Outlook as your default email.
- Outlook is not installed in your computer, or the integration is not in sync.
- In the internet explorer Outlook is not set as default email.
How to Fix Outlook is Not an Option in QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
The error does not pop up when you click edit> send form> my preference. This means you are not using outlook as an emailing option in your QuickBooks. Inorder to fix this issue, follow the given steps:
Solution 1: Use Outlook as Default.
- Click “tools” and select “Options”.
- Select another tab.
- Select “General Settings”, click on the option and make “outlook as the default program for email”.
That this applies to QuickBooks version 2007 and earlier versions of Outlook: If you are using QuickBooks 2008 or above then follow these steps:
- On your browser click the “File” option.
- Now select the “Options” tab.
- Select the “Startup” option and chose “Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contact and Calendar checkbox”.
If the message, Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences still pops up within your browser then follow the alternative solution:
Solution 2: Outlook Version is Supported by Your System or Not
- From Help Menu of Microsoft Outlook, select the option “About Microsoft office”.
- From the version information check for the version of outlook that is installed in your computer.
- From the QuickBooks, you can also check the version of outlook by clicking on the Outlook ribbon.
Solution 3: In the Windows, Try to Edit the Mail Profile Settings
- Quit the QuickBooks desktop.
- Click the windows icon and go to the control panel.
- In the control panel search email.
- From the result, the screen click on the mail
- From the email setup window click show profile.
- Choose “always use this” as an option.
- Now click “ok”.
- Now go back to QuickBooks and try to use Outlook as an email.
Solution 4: WIN.INI File May not be Configured Properly
- Click on the windows icon and enter C:Windows.
- From your keyboard press “ENTER”
- On WIN>INI file press right click.
- Copy and paste the file to a different location.
- Keep a backup of the INI file on a separate location.
- Again go back to C:Windows and open WIN>INI file.
- Find the file MAIL from several other files. If there is no mail option then you have to add it along with the text given below:
- After editing is over click on save and close the file.
- Restart the QuickBooks. In QuickBooks click “EDIT> PREFERENCES> CHECK THE SEND FORM PREFERENCES”. Now Outlook should work for your QuickBooks.
Still seeing, Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences error, well now its time to get connected. Please contact AskforAccounting QuickBooks Support team on our toll free number provided.