In this article know the causes of QuickBooks POS XML document errors and how to fix it. QB Point of Sale XML document error indicates that the user encounters the error while trying to create an invoice.
The system displays an error message:
- Chances of problem in XML document (0, 0)
- Error: Process fails to access file C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv(x)SessionData.xml because another process is handling the same file.
QuickBooks Point of Sale system meets all the requirements of the retail business sector. The software is enriched with potential features and modules that help in running a business hassle-free. The software provides transparency to the data with regular sales reporting and analytics features. It maintains the employee, customer, and inventory management with high accuracy that accelerates the growth of sales. But there are times when the QB POS encounters some errors. The user faces a problem when QB is started. QuickBooks Point of Sale XML document error is one that is usually reported to the QuickBooks point of sale Consultant number.
Know the Reason QuickBooks POS XML document Error (0, 0)
The reasons responsible for the occurrence of POS XML document errors are as follows:
- The SessionData.xml file is damaged or corrupt.
- Corrupt/damaged files in the Point of Sale Entitlement Client folder.
How to Fix QuickBooks POS XML Document Error (0, 0)
Intuit recommends solutions for resolving the QuickBooks POS errors. There are chances that the recommended solutions will resolve the issue. Follow the solutions step-wise and the proper sequence as mentioned below.
Solution 1: Search the Location of the Company File
- Search the location of the company file by F2 key
- Close QuickBooks program
- Finish all the tasks related to QuickBooks in the task manager.
- Find where the company file is located.
- Open the Avalara folder.
- Learn more about the company with the error.
- Delete the errorlist.xml file.
Solution 2: Rename the Session Data
- Start your computer -> Go to Search field -> Enter Services.msc -> Press Enter.
- Click Intuit Entitlement Service vX _> Choose Stop option (X is the highest number version you see). Close the window.
- Display hidden files and folders.
Note: Make sure to select Show hidden files, folders and drives -> Click to delete hide protected system operating files checkbox.
- Search the path C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement ClientvX.
- Rename SessionData.xml to OLDSessionData.xml.
Solution 3: Remove files within the entitlement folder
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to bring up the search bar.
- Type Services.msc into the search box, then press Enter.
- Select Stop from the context menu when you right-click Intuit Entitlement Service vX (where X is the highest version number you see).
- Snap the window shut. To display hidden files and directories or to do a Windows file search, follow the instructions.
- Make sure to Show hidden files, folders, and drives are selected, then you have to click to deselect the box next to Hide protected system operating files.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intui\tEntitlement Client\vX on the left pane, and then delete every file there.
Troubleshooting Missing Characters in QuickBooks XML Files
You might see an error notice relating to special or missing characters when downloading T4s or RL1 forms. It appears that your file has one or more errors. There can be a problem with special characters in the fields on the employee profile.
This notice indicates that there is either incomplete information (for example, missing digits in a phone number) or special characters (such as a comma, exclamation point, or ampersand) present in one of the employee fields.
Resolution to fix the XML File Error related to special or missing characters
Before uploading the file or product to the CRA, fix the mistake by eliminating the special character(s) or adding the missing information.
Else you can connect with askforaccounting.com which is a reliable QuickBooks consulting agency that roofs competent QuickBooks point of sale consultant and is capable to resolve errors in a very short time.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.