The QuickBooks error H505 shows on your screen by displaying the error message QuickBooks has faced the problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. This basically happens when the user switch to multi-user mode. Error code H505 is related to QuickBooks multiuser mode.
QuickBooks error H505 when trying to switch to multi-user mode
QuickBooks has smartly engineered business management software that rules the accounting applications market and grabs the topmost position with its unmatched features that make business administration smoother. The software is enriched with features that allow quick and accurate functioning of the accounting operations and permit multiple user access as well.
An In-Depth Look at QuickBooks Multi-user Error H505
At times due to the installation issues the software runs into errors, restricting the user to access the software. QuickBooks error H505 is one such error reported by QuickBooks users. The fallout of QuickBooks error H505 is usually due to the user’s attempt to switch to multi-user mode and open the organization files.
Finally, it ends up with the error H505. This QB error code is among one of a series of errors comprising hosting setting error codes with similar consequences of occurrence (e.g. -6000 -82, H101, H202, H303 & H505). When approaching the company files in multi-user mode in another system in which QuickBooks is not installed properly or the system requirements itself are not compatible with the program then it usually results in an error.
Common Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
There are multiple possible causes for this error code.
- Firewall security software is blocking access to the system where the organization file is saved
- QuickBooks fails to fetch the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the system where the organization files are stored
- The QuickBooks Desktop restricts you from opening its company files in your system using the network and all this is because of corruption or damage .ND file
- The configuration of the hosting has blocked the communication of QuickBooks because of incorrect settings
- The service of QuickBooks is not activated like QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX which helps in preventing the error.
Symptoms of this Issue QuickBooks H505
If you’re experiencing errors with your QuickBooks account, there is a good chance that you have encountered code H505. This code indicates that there is a problem with the data.
- The Windows start functioning improperly and respond to all your inputs slowly
- You are failed to open the QuickBooks Company File that is stored on the Server
- The QuickBooks error H505 shows on the screen of your system
- Your system crashes when you try to run the same program
- The system got frozen many times.
QuickBooks Error H505 Common Mistakes to Avoid and How to Fix Them
The solutions are here to help you so, that you can resolve it on your own. There are multiple solutions that are according to the reasons that are mentioned above. So, identify the reason and then apply the solution accordingly.
Solution 1 – The model of the Hosting must be Switched-on on the Server and off on the user’s System
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop of all the systems of users to whom it showing the Error code H505
- Then go to the menu and select the File menu option
- From the drop-down menu click on the Utilities
- Check that the option Host Multi-User Access is available, if yes then don’t click on it
- This means that your system is not facing any issues so you have to check for another system
- If there is an option name Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then you have to click on it
- After this, all the above steps require to repeat on the other systems to check for this option who are getting this error
- After this, you have to go to the server system
- Then open the QuickBooks on the Server
- Go to the File menu option then select the option Utilities
Now, you can see anyone option from the following:
Stop hosting Multi-user Access- then you don’t have to click on this option
Host Multi-user Access- then you have to click on it.
Solution 2 – Verify the Services of QuickBooks that are Running or Not
- First of all, open the RUN window in your system
- In the shown field, type services.MSC and click on the Enter button to search it
- You can also use the Task Manager to open the services using Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys then click on the tab name services
- Locate the Open Services option and then click on it
- Search for the QuickBooksDBXX in the column of Name
- Double-click on the Service name and choose the option Properties
- In the Startup type, you have to select the Automatic option
- You have to take care that the service status is not changed to stop it it then does start again
- In the Recovery tab, you have to click on the Restart option for starting the services again.
Solution 3 – Configure the Firewall Settings
- Open the Control Panel in your system
- In this go to the Firewall settings and then click on it to open it
- Click on allow a program through the Firewall
- Then click on the Add option to add the name of the program or software
- Enter the name of the program like the QuickBooks 20XX version of the software you have
- In the end, reboot your system and run the software to check for errors.
Solution 4 – Edit the File of the Windows Host
- On the Server, open the RUN window
- Then type the CMD and click or enter button on the keyboard
- The Command Prompt window opens up
- Then type the ipconfig / all and then press the enter button to run the command
- Note all the IP addresses or names of computers for the host and workstations in the text file
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and then open the File Explorer and click on the This PC option
- Go to the location C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc
- Open the host file using the Notepad in your system
- Now mention the name of the system and the IP address that you save above without using the space bar.
- You can use the Tab key for making the space between name and IP address
- Apply all the changes and then again check for the error in your account.
In conclusion, the QuickBooks error H505 resolves by implementing the solutions given in the article. You can easily resolve it using these solutions.
You can also connect with the team who is here 24/7 hours to help you out. Just dial the QuickBooks error Consultant helpline toll-free number. Send the email or do a live chat with experts.
On which Windows Operation System does this Error Happens?
This error mostly happens on Windows Vista, 7, and XP so if you are using it and get the error H505 then follow the solution above and resolve it.
Is there Any series of these errors?
Yes, there is a series of errors that start with the H and the series is H101, H202, H303, and H505.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.