The “QuickBooks error H505” shows on your screen by displaying the error message QuickBooks has faced the problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. This basically happens when the user tries to open the company file that doesn’t exist in the system. Error code H505 is related to QuickBooks multiuser mode.
QuickBooks has smartly engineered business management software that rules the accounting applications market and grabs the topmost position with its unmatched features that make business administration smoother. The software is enriched with features that allow quick and accurate functioning of the accounting operations and permit multiple user access as well.
- 1 QuickBooks Multi-user Error H505
- 2 Main Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
- 3 Several other Reasons can cause QuickBooks Error H505
- 4 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
- 5 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
- 6 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 7 FAQ’s
QuickBooks Multi-user Error H505
At times due to the installation issues the software runs into errors, restricting the user to access the software. QuickBooks error H505 is one such error reported by QuickBooks users. The fallout of QuickBooks error H505 is usually due to the user’s attempt to open the organization files on a separate system that lacks a certain installation setup that is compatible with the QuickBooks application.
Finally, it ends up with error H505. This QB error code is among one of a series of errors comprising hosting setting error codes with similar consequences of occurrence (e.g. -6000 -82, H101, H202, H303 & H505). While approaching the company files in multi-user mode in another system in which QuickBooks is not installed properly or the system requirements itself are not compatible with the program then it usually results in an error.
Main Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
There are multiple possible causes for this error code.
- Firewall security software is blocking access to system where the organization file is saved
- QuickBooks fails to fetch the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the system where the organization files are stored
- The QuickBooks Desktop restricts from opening its company files in your system using the network and all this is because of corrupted or damaged .ND file
- The configuration of the hosting has blocked the communication of QuickBooks because of incorrect settings
- The service of QuickBooks is not activated like QBCFMonitor or QuickBooksDBXX that helps in preventing the error.
Several other Reasons can cause QuickBooks Error H505
- The DNS settings are not configured correctly. So, this causes the error H505 in your QuickBooks account.
- The services of the QuickBooks are not initiated. If these services are working then it resolves many of the issues.
- These services are QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksDBXX.
- The setting of the firewall is improper in the scenario of QuickBooks as it blocks the QuickBooks incoming and outgoing company file communications.
- The .ND file is damaged or incorrect this causes the file not accessible over the network.
- If it is correct then it allows the QB to access the file using the network.
- You are not able to get the IP address of the host system.
- To get it, the informatics address is used while using the QuickBooks Information Server Manager.
- The hosting configuration is incorrect. So ensure that you have to turn on the server wherever you have saved your files.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
- The Windows start functioning improperly and respond to all your inputs slowly
- You are failed to open the QuickBooks Company File that is stored on the Server
- The QuickBooks error H505 shows on the screen of your system
- Your system crashes when you try to run the same program
- The system got frozen many times.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
The solutions are here to help you so, that you can resolve it on your own. There are multiple solutions that are according to the reasons that are mentioned above. So, identify the reason and then apply the solution accordingly.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Solution 1 – The model of the Hosting must be Switched-on on the Server and off on the user’s System
🔹 Open the QuickBooks Desktop of all the systems of users to whom it showing the Error code H505
🔹 Then go to the menu and select the File menu option
🔹 From the drop-down menu click on the Utilities
🔹 Check that the option Host Multi-User Access is available, if yes then don’t click on it
🔹 This means that your system is not facing any issues so you have to check for another system
🔹 If there is an option name Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then you have to click on it
🔹 After this, all the above steps require to repeat on the other systems to check for this option who are getting this error
🔹 After this, you have to go to the server system
🔹 Then open the QuickBooks on the Server
🔹 Go to the File menu option then select the option Utilities
Now, you can see anyone option from the following:
Stop hosting Multi-user Access- then you don’t have to click on this option
Host Multi-user Access- then you have to click on it.
Solution 2 – Verify the Services of QuickBooks that are Running or Not
🔹 First of all, open the RUN window in your system
🔹 In the shown field, type services.MSC and click on the Enter button to search it
🔹 You can also use the Task Manager to open the services using Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys then click on the tab name services
🔹 Locate the Open Services option and then click on it
🔹 Search for the QuickBooksDBXX in the column of Name
🔹 Double- click on the Service name and choose the option Properties
🔹 In the Startup type, you have to select the Automatic option
🔹 You have to take care that the service status is not changed to stop it it is then do start it again
🔹 In the Recovery tab, you have to click on the Restart option for starting the services again.
Solution 3 – Configure the Firewall Settings
🔹 Open the Control Panel in your system
🔹 In this go to the Firewall settings and then click on it to open it
🔹 Click on allow a program through the Firewall
🔹 Then click on the Add option to add the name of the program or software
🔹 Enter the name of the program like QuickBooks 20XX version of the software you have
🔹 In the end, reboot your system and run the software to check for errors.
Solution 4 – Edit the file of Windows Host
🔹 On the Server, open the RUN window
🔹 Then type the cmd and click o enter button from the keyboard
🔹 The Command Prompt window opens up
🔹 Then type the ipconfig / all and then press the enter button to run the command
🔹Note all the IP addresses or name of computer for the host and workstations in the text file
🔹 Close the QuickBooks Desktop and then open the File Explorer and click on the This PC option
🔹 Go to the location C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc
🔹 Open the host file using the Notepad in your system
🔹 Now mention the name of the system and the IP address that you save above without using the space bar.
🔹 You can use the Tab key for making the space between name and IP address
🔹 Apply all the changes and then again check for the error in your account.
In conclusion, the QuickBooks error H505 resolves by implementing the solutions given in the article. You can easily resolve it using these solutions.
You can also connect with the team who is here 24/7 hours to help you out. Just dial the QuickBooks error support helpline toll-free number. Send the email or do a live chat with experts.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
On which Windows Operation System does this Error Happens?
This error mostly happens on Windows Vista, 7, and XP so if you are using it and get the error H505 then follow the solution above and resolve it.
Is there Any series of these errors?
Yes, there is a series of errors that start with the H and the series is H101, H202, H303, and H505.