QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks has smartly engineered business management software that rules the accounting applications market and grabs the topmost position with its unmatched features that make business administration smoother. The software is enriched with features that allow quick and accurate functioning of the accounting operations and permits multiple user access as well.
At times due to the installation issues the software runs into errors, restricting the user to access the software. QuickBooks Error H505 is one such error reported by the QuickBooks users.
This error code is categorized as “Multi-user hosting error”.
The fallout of QuickBooks Error Code H505 is usually due to the user attempt to open the organization files on a separate system that lacks certain installation setup that is compatible with QuickBooks application. Finally, it ends up with error H505. This QB error code is among one of a series of errors comprising hosting setting error codes with similar consequences of occurrence (for e.g. -6000 -82, H101, H202, H303 & H505). While approaching the company files in multi-user mode in another system in which QuickBooks is not installed properly or the system requirements itself are not compatible with the program then it usually results in an error.
Possible Reasons for QB Error H505
There are multiple possible causes for this error code.
- Firewall security software is blocking access to system where the organization file is saved
- QuickBooks fails to fetch the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the system where the organization files are stored
- File with extension .ND is corrupt,
- Configuration of hosting set up is incorrect/improper
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H505
There are certain solutions that you can apply to fix the error H505. It is suggested to the user prior following the resolution steps you can download and use the QuickBooks File Doctor. The tool will soon diagnose the exact reason behind this error and automatically fix the multi-user access error. In case you still face the issue follow the below-mentioned resolutions in the given sequence to get better results.
Solution 1: Create Exclusion Settings for Firewall Security Software
- Go to Start -> Click Control Panel -> Search Firewall Settings -> Permit a Program through Firewall
- Select add Program -> add QuickBooks 20xx to the exception list. ( where xx is the QB version that you are using)
- Restart your computer to check changes are properly.
Solution 2: Determine the Hosting Settings of QuickBooks
- Start QuickBooks program on both the systems set up as multi-user
- Go to File -> Utilities -> Stop Hosting Multi-User Setup
- Get started File Hosting in one computer -> Utilities -> Configuration of Multi-User hosting
- Restart QuickBooks again in both the computers
Solution 3: Setting Alterations in QuickBooks Folder Location
- Build a new folder on hosting computer -> then share it -> set Windows access permissions to share organization files. (In case you fail to reach your QuickBooks file server, seek assistance from an experienced IT professional).
- Copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Now open up your Company file in a shared file format.
After following the above suggestions if still, the error persists then you must report it to QuickBooks customer support. They can also be approached via email and online chat. The experienced QB professionals identify the cause of error and accord resolution accordingly. Get in touch with your Quickbooks proadvisor at 1800-940-7442.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.