“QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer” error can occur because of several issues with files related to the QuickBooks accounting software.
QuickBooks company file monitoring service may stop suddenly or may not launch in the first place, hindering your ability to launch many of the functionalities offered by this accounting software. To get to the bottom of this error, you’ll have to try different solutions. All of these solutions have been provided below. Go through each and by the end, the error will be fixed.
Table of Contents
- 1 QBCFMonitorService Not Running on this Computer
- 2 Reasons Behind QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer Errors
- 3 Causes of QBCFMonitorService.exe Error
- 4 How to Fix QBCFMonitorService Not Running on This Computer
- 5 What is .exe Extension
- 6 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
QBCFMonitorService Not Running on this Computer
QuickBooks has already earned its name for being a reliable software from business owners but time and again it gets bugged up by different errors and problems. Among many errors, Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running On This Computer is one of its kind.
QuickBooks is used by many businesses for doing the work fast and effectively. But, when an error like this pops up, it interrupts the work progress which then needs to be addressed as fast as possible.
Let us get deeper into the error to understand it in a better way.
Qbcfmonitorservice.exe is a kind of EXE file that is associated with the 2009 version of QuickBooks Pro. It is developed by Intuit Inc. for the Windows operating system. The latest version of Qbcfmonitorservice is 22.214.171.124.
Reasons Behind QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer Errors
The virus-like Qbcfmonitorservice.exe takes the disguise in the exe file of the software. These viruses get executed when you double-click them on a malicious website or get delivered through spam emails.
They can replace and infect the existing .exe files which may lead to the error message like Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running on This Computer. This happens when the QuickBooks Accounting Pro program is executed. So it is highly recommended that you should scan any .exe file before executing them even if you receive them from any trusted source.
As stated above, there may be several reasons for this error, all of which have been mentioned below:
- QBCFMonitorService.exe has been infected by a virus or malware
- The executable has been encrypted by software or ransomware.
- Fault in Windows Registry
- QBCFMonitorService.exe was deleted from the program folder
- Corrupt QuickBooks.exe file
- Conflicts with other software running on the system
When does this .exe corruption occur?
An error like Qbcfmonitorservice.exe occurs when you start up your PC or during program startup or when you are trying to use certain specific functions.
One of the common Qbcfmonitorservice.exe error messages is:
Qbcfmonitorservice.exe Application Error
These messages may pop up when qbcfmonitorservice.exe related software programs are running while you are trying to shut down or start up the computer. This can also occur when you are trying to install a Windows operating system.
Causes of QBCFMonitorService.exe Error
To be a more specific error like Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running On This Computer is caused because of the following issues:
- The windows registry key associated with qbcfmonitorservice.exe may be corrupted.
- Qbcfmonitorservice.exe may have got corrupted because of a virus infection.
- Qbcfmonitorservice.exe or related files may have got deleted mistakenly by another program.
- Qbcfmonitorservice.exe may get in conflict with another program.
- Incomplete installation may be a reason.
How to Fix QBCFMonitorService Not Running on This Computer
We have provided multiple solutions for this error. You should go through each one of them in order.
Solution 1: Restart QBCFMonitorService.exe
- Close QuickBooks
- Right Click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab
- Right-click on QBCFMonitorService and hit End Task
- Confirm by clicking on Yes
- Start QuickBooks
Solution 2: Scan your System for viruses and Malware
Install a good antivirus or anti-malware software and scan your system with it. You can use the free or trial version of popular security software like Avast and Norton.
You can also use free online services to scan the QBCFMonitorService.exe files. To do the same, follow the steps provided below:
- Copy the QBCFMonitorService.exe file and paste it onto the Desktop.
- Go to Virus Total.
- Click on Choose File
- Select the QBCFMonitorService.exe file from your desktop folder.
- Click on Scan
- Click on Fix
- Download the file and use it to replace the one in the QB folder.
This will take care of malware and viruses. If your computer is infected with ransomware, then all your files would’ve been encrypted. In this case, you need to connect to our technical team.
Solution 3: Configure Firewall to Create Exception
In many instances, the Windows firewall stops services it recognizes as malignant from running. In this scenario, you must create an exception for QBCFMonitorService.exe.
Follow the steps provided below:
- Go to Start Menu and select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Select Inbound Rules
- Click on New Rule
- Go through the provided instructions and select the QBCFMonitorService.exe
- Give a unique name and description to the Rule so that you can make changes to it later.
- Repeat the same steps to create an Outbound Rule for the same file.
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks
In order to repair QuickBooks, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch the QuickBooks installation file.
- Select Repair and click on Next.
- When the process is complete, hit Finish.
You can also try to reinstall the software if all else fails.
What is .exe Extension
The executable files or .EXE files like Qbcfmonitorservice are those files that have the information to instruct the computer to carry out certain functions. The computer automatically executes these instructions when the user double clicks on them. All the programs on the computer have an executable file, without them, you cannot access any program on your PC.
After following the troubleshooting steps discussed above, if you still face the error “QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer” then connect with us. Our QuickBooks Error Consultant from AskforAccounting.com will assist you round the clock and provide you with help over the phone.