In the below, the write-up will discuss what the meaning of the “QBDBMGRN is not running on this computer” error is, what are the causes, and step-wise guidance to resolve the issue. The user faces many errors while operating QuickBooks qbdbmgrn not running on this computer is one of the frequently occurring issues.
Consequently software fails to open
QBDBMGRN not running on this computer
Windows Firewall: Disabled exceptions not defined
- 1 What Means QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer
- 2 What is qbdbmgrn.exe
- 3 When are you Getting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Not Running on this Computer’ Error message?
- 4 Causes Behind the QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer
- 5 Guide to Fix QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer on Windows for QuickBooks
- 5.1 Solution 1: Update your Windows Firewall
- 5.2 Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
- 5.3 Solution 3: Verify Firewall Settings to Exclude QuickBooks Database Manager Service
- 5.4 Solution 4: Proceed with QuickBooks Application Repairing
- 5.5 Solution 5: Re-install QuickBooks through Clean Install software
- 6 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 7 Another way to Fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer through QuickBooks File Doctor
- 8 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 9 FAQ’s
What Means QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer
The user mainly encounters this error message when they are accessing QuickBooks on the windows system. There can be several reasons behind it, but the primary reason is QuickBooks Database Server manager might be interrupting. Additionally, it indicated the Security firewall is becoming the barrier ad blocking QuickBooks to establish an internet connection.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager (Qbdbmgrn.exe) is a utility that is specially set up for multiple user access. It networks the data file on your host computer to assure stability and better performance. Approaching a data file over a network without a Database Manager might be risky in terms of data damage or data corruption. In case you are working on single-user mode, then you will not require the QB Database Server Manager.
There are times when you might face the issue with QuickBooks Database Server Manager. It might restrict you by not running and workflow gets affected. Usually, you will locate the company data files in the C drive under the program files.
What is qbdbmgrn.exe
Before proceeding with troubleshooting, let’s explore the description of QBDBMgrN (QuickBooks Database Server Manger Service) and its importance. QBDBMGRN is an executable process on Windows appearing with a ‘.exe’ extension.
It plays a significant role in running QuickBooks in the system. It is available in the task manager of your system. The QuickBooks Database server manager was developed by intuits to allow multiple users to access the company file from the hosting server database. When the QBDBMgrN is inactive or disabled, you are permitted to use QuickBooks in a single-user mode. When you attempt to switch from the single to multi-user mode, you get an alert notification from the QuickBooks as “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error message.
When are you Getting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Not Running on this Computer’ Error message?
This error generally occurs when there is an update of the latest version in QuickBooks or Windows firewall. Consequently, the firewall takes the QBDBMgrN as unknown service and stops it. The main objective is to protect your system from Malware. It causes unable to connect the QuickBooks to the internet, and there occur internet connection errors. When you attempt to solve the connectivity issue through the QuickBooks file doctor tool, you get the error message.
The message notifies you that you have to fix the network issue before accessing the company file from the other systems. The file doctor tool can fix issues of the company file and network issues. It cannot configure the firewall settings of the system. You have to manually adjust the firewalls and correct ports to activate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service to connect with the internet.
Causes Behind the QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer
Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer this error commonly arise because might be your firewall is prohibiting the connection of QuickBooks Desktop to Intuit’s server. Hence, it is always advisable that you need to always update the firewall by configuring exceptions & ports to rectify this issue.
QBdbmgrn.exe is a multi-user access utility. QBdbmgrn.exe helps to control networking the data file on the host computer. Other common causes are mentioned below:
- Incomplete or incorrect configuration of firewall.
- QuickBooks Database server manager (QBDBSM) is not updated.
- Problem in QuickBooks Network file (.ND files)
- QB Server Manager is not installed correctly.
- Using of 3rd Party firewall software is blocking your QuickBooks.
- QB is unable to connect to the internet.
- Unable to use the QBW company data.
- Fail to work in multi-user mode.
- Unable to update QuickBooks Database Server manager properly.
Guide to Fix QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer on Windows for QuickBooks
Although, errors have many resolutions to rectify the most common and successful methods for “qbdbmgrn not running on this computer” are mentioned below. Here is the list of steps you need to follow and get to know the effective methods to rectify QBDBMgrN not running on this Computer error.
Solution 1: Update your Windows Firewall
- Firstly you have to simultaneously press the Windows & R keys from the keyboard linked to your system.
- Enter Control Panel and after that, hit on the OK button.
- Locate the System & Security tab
- Move your mouse over the Windows Firewall and then choose the Check option for Updates appearing in the Update your Firewall Setting button
- Now hit on the Update Now option and then wait for the installation process to get complete
- Restart the system and then start working with the QB company file.
- If you face any error while updating the firewall, then you can download the updates manually.
- They’re readily available to update files for both 32-bit & 64-bit Operating systems.
- Download from a trustworthy platform and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the update process.
Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
- Open the Run window.
- Enter Services.msc and then hit on OK button.
- You have to scroll down the list to discover the QB Database Server Manager Service appears according to versions.
- Select the file as per your QB desktop version.
- Locate the drop-down menu.
- Do a right-click on the file listed in the file.
- Choose the Restart option.
Solution 3: Verify Firewall Settings to Exclude QuickBooks Database Manager Service
- Open the run dialog box on the system.
- Write Windows Firewall.
- Click on the OK button.
- Check the list of programs and do double-click on it.
- Discover the Advanced Settings.
- Double click on the inbound rules.
- Hit on New Rule appearing in the drop-down button.
- Choose the Next below programs.
- Hit on This Program path.
- Search for QBDBMgrN.exe file and exclude it.
- You must discover the file in the QB folder.
- Choose the preferred location and then select the Next button.
- Click on Allow the connection.
- Proceed with the Next button.
- Provide a name to the rule and then click on Finish.
- Restart the system.
- Now resume operating with QBW company file.
In case you have installed any third-party firewall software other than Microsoft, then follow the instructions as per the firewall manual.
Solution 4: Proceed with QuickBooks Application Repairing
- Open the run box in your system.
- Write aapwiz.cpl.
- Choose OK.
- Select QB displayed in the list of files.
- Click on Uninstall/Change.
- Choose to continue and then hit on the Next button.
- Click Repair and then proceed with the next option.
- Wait till the repair process is complete.
- Restart the system.
Solution 5: Re-install QuickBooks through Clean Install software
- Open Run window.
- Enter Control panel.
- Select OK.
- Hit on Programs & Features.
- Click on Uninstall programs.
- Select QuickBooks and then uninstall /change displayed in the program list.
- Complete the un-installation process with on-screen instructions.
Start executing QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download the advanced version of the QuickBooks Clean install tool from the trustworthy website.
- Once the download is done, open the qbdbmgrn.exe file.
- Go through the appearing instructions..
- Select the preferred version and then click on the Continue button.
Rename the installation folder
- Locate the folder of the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder.
- Rename the complete folder for the Windows version
- You can give a better name to the folder for the ease of differentiating it.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Another way to Fix qbdbmgrn not running on this computer through QuickBooks File Doctor
Qbdbmgrn not running issue is a technical error that will take ages to fix if done manually. Thus it is recommended that you fix your issue using QuickBooks File Doctor. To know more about QuickBooks file Doctor, click on the link provided.
Warning: Before downloading the QuickBooks file Doctor .exe file get advice from your prodvisor to get support. The reason we say this is because the program is sometimes found to be infected. People have often complained that after downloading the software it has damaged their company data file. Thus tread with caution.
The QuickBooks File Doctor is a specially designed utility tool to diagnose your network and help resolve network problems that affect QuickBook’s functioning. With the use of this tool, you can fix errors like QBDBMGRN not running on this computer error. Though the tool doesn’t guarantee that your problem can be resolved, it still can be a lot helpful. While the tool diagnoses, the result of the test have special sections that elaborate it in detail, comprising all the resources to help fix problems in each particular zone. To see the way to resolve the issue you need to click on the result you get from by using the File Doctor Tool.
|Test Results||Description of the Test Result||Error Resolution|
|Hosting Mode is off||Trying to open QuickBooks company files over a network requires QuickBooks Hosting turned on.||Turn on the hosting mode. The hosting model should be on in case you are on the server computer not in the work area.|
|If the folder comprise non-writable company file.||Thoroughly verify read and write access to the folder the company file is available.||Set up access permissions in Windows for your Windows user and QuickBooks.|
|In case the folder includes non-sharable company files.||The folder that comprises of the company file needs to be used with other QuickBooks users.||Share the folder in Windows|
|No Network Connectivity||At minimum one working TCP/IP adapter and that the hostname of the local system is resolvable.||1. Enter the command and run IPConfig and verify that you have an IP address for at least one network adapter.|
2. In case you are using multiple adapters, the IP address will be required by only one adapter.
|QBCFMonitorService not running.||Regulate PortFinder service in QB and check if it is active in the window displayed.||1. Firewall settings to open 8019 port for the tool and QB applications on the client and server. |
2. Check that the server has hosting turned on.
3. A ping should be there from the client to the server.
|Firewall software blocking the QuickBooks program.||Verify the firewall software settings are enabled to work with QuickBooks.||Set up firewall exceptions for QuickBooks. Any other third-party firewall will be listed if identified.|
|QBDBMgrN not running on this computer.||Verify that the Sybase Database Service is approachable and active.||1. Set up your firewall settings to open the Dynamic DB port for QB File Doctor, and all other QB apps. Set up your firewall on all client computers as well as on your server. |
2. Assure that hosting is turned on the server.
3. See that you are able to ping the server both with IP and hostname on the server and computers of the client.
In case, the error still persists, then you can reach out to the QuickBooks error support team any time of the day and get all your issues fixed in no time.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What is the Impact of the QBDBMGRN Not Running on this computer error message?
• Unable to open QB with Internet connection failures.
• Unable to operate in multi-user mode.
• Interruption of QB database Server.
• Fail to use the QBW company file.
Can I resolve QBDBMgrN Not Running Error with QuickBooks File Doctor?
The QuickBooks File Doctor can resolve the issues occurring in network and company files but fail to configure firewall settings. So if the firewall is the cause of the issue, then you cannot fix the error with the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
What will happen if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service is Disabled?
If the QB Database Server Manager is not active, it will prohibit the QB from connecting with the internet. It, in turn, displays the QBDBMgrN not running on Windows error message.
What is the extension of the QBDBMgrN Service?
It is an executable process with an ‘.exe’ extension.