If would want to “Upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2016” then this is what you want to read. Intuit is continuously on the quest to have its users on the later tech.
Not only does this bring convenience to the user but the company also enjoys a competitive edge. Though it is up to you on which version you want to be upgraded to, in September 2017, Intuit came out with QuickBooks 2018 beta version. Thus it would be much better if you upgrade to QuickBooks 2016.
Table of Contents
How to Upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2016 Version
There are many QuickBooks upgrades available that will improve your workflow and make managing your finances easier. The process of upgrading to the latest version (upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2016) is quite simple, however, is technical.
- Once the installation is complete, access the QuickBooks Software 2016.
- If you don’t already have QuickBooks 2016 software installed then check out this post and pick up the relevant QuickBooks version for yourself.
- Select the File option from the main menu bar and then select the option of open or restore Company.
- Select the Open a Company file option and then select the Next tab.
- Go through the option available and select the appropriate option by clicking on the Open tab.
- However, if a new screen called Move Company File is shown then diligently follow the instruction written and proceed to the next step.
- Go through the details given under the Update Company File option stated on the New Version side of the screen.
- Click on the Checkbox against the I Understand option stated below the information and then select the Update Now option.
- Follow the steps provided for a successful backup of the company file and make a note of its destination.
- You will receive a message stating – “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks…Do you want to continue?”
- Click on the Yes tab which will complete the process.
This invariably leads to authentic Consultant not being provided to versions before QuickBooks 2011. So the users who face trouble with their QuickBooks software like QuickBooks 2011 version will face issues. To avoid this problem of not gaining proper Consultant, it is advised to upgrade its software to the latest version which is QuickBooks 2016.
Thus it is generally recommended to process this upgrade under the special guidance of QuickBooks experts.
Users should remember Certain Points before Proceeding with Upgrade and Conversion of the Company File
Before upgrading or converting your company file, it is important to remember a few key points.
- Installation of QuickBooks 2016 on the system should already be processed before upgrading can be taken over.
- Once the new version is securely installed, company file conversion and upgrading of the software can take place.
- It is important to remember that the upgrading process can only be tackled with admin credentials.
- If the customer is the sole user of the software, this invariably means that he is the admin of the software.
- If that is not the case, then the user needs to sign up as the admin with appropriate credentials.
- Any user not logged in as admin and trying to update the software will encounter a problem with a message stating- “The company file needs to be updated.
- Please ask your QuickBooks administrator to update the file.
- This interprets as the requirement of the user to log in as admin and then try to update again.
Since the most updated version of QuickBooks is QuickBooks 2016, thus let us walk you through the steps on how to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to 2016 with ease. Before you can upgrade QuickBooks from 2011 to 2016, you should have all your data backed up in a secured environment. If you failed to do this step then you may put your data at greater risk.
The above steps, if followed carefully, will easily upgrade your QuickBooks 2011 version to QuickBooks 2016. In case you do end up with any problem, you can contact the customer Consultant team of QuickBooks housed by Intuit. In the situation wherein the same Consultant is not able to be connected, you can try alternative QuickBooks Consultant agencies.
One such agency called AskforAccounting.com called has received accolades of appreciation for providing prompt QuickBooks Consultant. They can be contacted through a toll-free number or online chat Consultant can be accessed from their website QuickBooks Update Consultant professionals.