If would want to Upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2023 then this is what you want to read. Intuit is continuously on the quest to have its users on the later tech.
Not only does this bring convenience to the user but the company also enjoys a competitive edge. Though it is up to you on which version you want to be upgraded to, in September 2017, Intuit came out with QuickBooks 2018 beta version. Thus it would be much better if you upgrade to QuickBooks 2023.
What’s New in the Latest Version of QuickBooks Desktop 2023?
The following new features and functionalities are added to QuickBooks desktop 2023 by this release.
Advanced User Management Feature
It is now possible to manage user roles and permissions in accordance with the requirements. Additionally, you can prevent users from completing particular actions by using this feature.
By typing the customer name incorrectly, you cannot batch-enter transactions for unpermitted customers, although updating to the latest version will resolve this problem. Incorrect report filters for (>=1) or (=) can also be corrected in this version. In these cases, upgrading to the latest release would resolve the issue with a vendor group that has a credit balance larger than 0, which displays incorrect results.
You can now ask QuickBooks for a second admin.
Tax 1099 NEC and MISC
In addition to printing and electronic filing, QuickBooks now supports 1099 MISC and 1099 NEC. It also allows the software developer kit for e-filing to be used by third-party applications.
Report on Inventory Aging
You may learn about the stock’s value, quality, age, and purchase date from the inventory aging report. You can confirm the stock’s specifics by doing this.
Enhanced Online Banking
You may use this feature to define rules for both money-in and -out transactions and to save column customizations. In QuickBooks, you may assign a customer’s spending to them in the banking transactions table.
What are the Advantages of Updating or Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop to 2023 Version?
The QuickBooks desktop version is different from the merchandise version, as Intuit often makes upgrades for its many QuickBooks versions, such as 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023, which differ from upgrading the merchandise version. It is advantageous to update the QuickBooks desktop program version.
- You can guarantee better data security by upgrading.
- Along with guaranteeing an error-free user experience
- Some common security loops and bugs are fixed in this manner.
- You can track the status of invoices in real time, enhance your data file, and do other things when QuickBooks is updated.
- Optimization characteristics and more
How to Upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2023 Version
There are many QuickBooks upgrades available that will improve your workflow and make managing your finances easier. The process of upgrading to the latest version Pro, Premier or Enterprise (upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2023) is quite simple, however, is technical.
Steps to Upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2023
QuickBooks downloads, install and activates the latest version automatically. It modifies your corporate files.
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop 2023 Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant and for MAC.
- Now enter your License number and Product number.
- After that Install it on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your computer.
- Select the File option from the main menu bar and then select the option of open or restore Company.
- Select the Open a Company file option and then select the Next tab.
- Go through the option available and select the appropriate option by clicking on the Open tab.
- However, if a new screen called Move Company File is shown then diligently follow the instruction written and proceed to the next step.
- Go through the details given under the Update Company File option stated on the New Version side of the screen.
- You will receive a message stating – “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks…Do you want to continue?”
- Click on the Yes tab which will complete the process.
Method I- Upgrade QuickBooks with a Subscription Plan
When a new version of QuickBooks is available, a notification will show when you launch the program. We make it simple for you to upgrade.
- When a new version of QuickBooks is available for you.
- When you’re finished, click the Upgrade Now button.
- Choose to keep the previous version on my computer if you want to keep your current QuickBooks.
- Then choose Let’s go. QuickBooks, downloads, installs, and activates the latest version automatically.
- It modifies your corporate files.
- When the upgrade is finished, select Open QuickBooks.
Method II- Upgrade QuickBooks without a Subscription Plan
If you don’t see an update prompt, don’t worry. It denotes that you only purchased QuickBooks once. You may use the easy upgrade tool to upgrade. This is how it’s done.
- For the first set-up, proceed to Select Help and then Upgrade QuickBooks.
- After the subsequent step, now click the version you want to upgrade to, then hit on Upgrade Now.
- You may keep a backup of your current QuickBooks version.
- Choose to keep the previous version on my PC, and then let’s go.
Thus it is generally recommended to process this upgrade under the special guidance of QuickBooks experts.
Update QuickBooks Desktop Older Version 2011
You should know that updating your QuickBooks desktop will need a slight change to the database before updating. These changes will not create the information that can be ready by previous releases of QuickBooks. You have to ensure that you have the QuickBooks desktop patch installed. You have to follow the following steps to determine if you have the latest update.
Check that your QuickBooks Desktop is up-to-date?
- On your desktop open your QuickBooks first.
- You have to press F2 or Ctrl+1 to open the Product information window.
- Then you have to check the current version and then release it next.
- You have to verify the available QuickBooks release.
Update QuickBooks Desktop (Pro/Premier/Enterprise) to the Latest Version
QuickBooks will download and install the latest updates as soon as they become available, depending on whether you enable Automatic Updates or Manual Updates. Here are four DIY methods that you can use to download the updates. Your internet connection should be fast and good for each method.
- Automatic update method (default setting)
- On-demand (immediate) update method
- Release download
- Manual update
When you download the updates, important company files will be immediately installed in the correct area on your computer. Every update would have a prompt once it had been downloaded. You would receive a notification the next time to install the update whenever you start the accounting program. You restart your computer occasionally. To make the upgrade effective, QuickBooks. If you have multiple QuickBooks users, install the updates on all computers. You may also do so if you hire a professional.
Step 1: Automatic Updates Method
This method checks for fresh updates from Intuit services even while you aren’t using QuickBooks or the internet. Only when you aren’t using QuickBooks or the internet are the updates downloaded. And while you aren’t using the internet, it will download the available updates. This method itself downloads updates from the Intuit server to check if the software is operating or not. You can prevent automatic software updates if you don’t want them to happen.
Download and Install Automatic Updates Now
- Once the QuickBooks program has opened, then you have to go to the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- Click the Update Now tab on the screen for updating QuickBooks.
- The process then moves on to deleting any previously downloaded updates and choosing Reset update.
- Choose the icon for Get Updates right now.
- The process must be stopped in order to restart QuickBooks.
To enable or disable automatic updates in the future, follow these steps
- From the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, you have to select the Options tab in the Update QuickBooks box.
- After that, you have to decide whether to allow the option for QuickBooks by selecting Yes or No.
- You can activate automatic updates by choosing the updates you want to receive and removing the updates that aren’t necessary.
- It doesn’t necessarily mean that an update is available; it’s just a reminder to check for updates. Even if there are notifications available on the Intuit server, if you disable the setting, you won’t get any more notifications.
- Next, you have to click Close after selecting Save.
Step 2: Immediate Update Method
By employing this method, you can get updates directly from Intuit’s server. Even if you have Automatic Update turned on, you can still use this method. It can be used at any time and requires QuickBooks not to be running on your system. Updates should be checked at least once every month.
How to check for updates and install them?
- To update QuickBooks, first you have to go to the Help menu in QuickBooks, then click Update Now.
- You may see a list of the update’s contents in the Update column. The Maintenance Release link should be tapped. The updates and changes will appear on a new page.
- You will be asked to apply the update the following time you use QuickBooks. Either now or later installation is an option. Restart your computer after installing the update.
- Reinstalling the updates in their original order is advised. Your company file might not open properly if you don’t follow the instructions in order.
Step 3: Release Download
If you experience issues with the update feature or prefer to install updates using the update feature, it is possible to download and install the available updates. It is advised to update all copies of QuickBooks using the update option if you use multiple versions of the software. If not, it might be impossible to open the company file.
QuickBooks Desktop 2023 Installation
- Once you have finished all of your planning, carefully start the installation process. When deciding on the installation type and the techniques you employ, carefully begin.
- Open the File Explorer on your Windows computer. On your PC, locate the QuickBooks 2023 edition.exe file that you downloaded and stored.
- Go to the downloaded file and then right-click on it.
- Select Run as Administrator to launch the installation. Follow each display instruction you are given one at a time.
- You must also agree to and accept the applicable license agreement for QuickBooks Desktop 2023.
- Click the Next button to continue after that.
- After entering the license and product key to authenticate the software, you have to click the Next button to proceed with the process.
- Depending on the situation, you can choose between two different installation methods.
Below is a description of the two distinct installation processes, along with detailed steps are mentioned.
Network and Custom Installation
- Finish the custom and network installation under the following conditions:
- When the server hosts the QuickBooks company file.
- If a multiuser network is configured.
- Changing the installation location of QuickBooks Desktop 2023 from its default position.
- Choosing the installation type is followed by clicking the Next button to continue.
- You should choose the How you use QuickBooks option.
- By choosing Change the install location, you are given a new window.
- The window where you can change the software installation’s location.
- To choose the installation location, you have to click the Browse button.
- Now, browse the Program folder to select a different location from the default one.
- Click the Next button to launch the software installation after that.
- After the installation is finished, you have to tick the Open QuickBooks program box.
- After that, click Finish to continue.
- Now, QuickBooks opens when you select the checkbox to do so.
There are few situations where it is possible to follow an express installation. Below are some examples of these situations.
- While using QuickBooks Desktop 2023 on a single system.
- Once more on your device install the QuickBooks Desktop 2023 software.
- Using QuickBooks for the first time.
- In any of the above mentioned situations, you have to choose the Express installation method.
- By clicking the Next button the process can be continued.
- Then you have to click the Install button for an express QuickBooks installation to start.
- After the installation is complete you have to click the Finish button.
Activation of QuickBooks Desktop 2023
QuickBooks asks you to update the program and activate it before using it when your installation is complete. To activate steps are mentioned below.
- First, you have to open your installed copy of QuickBooks Desktop 2023
- Then, from the menu you have to select Help.
- From the drop-down menu, you have to select the option to Activate QuickBooks Desktop
- The next few steps are visible on your screen for your instruction.
- Follow all the instructions properly and then double-check the details.
- The application QuickBooks desktop 2023 is now activated.
- Now you can work on it now.
Users should remember Certain Points before Proceeding with Upgrade and Conversion of the Company File to 2023
Before upgrading or converting your company file, it is important to remember a few key points.
- Installation of QuickBooks 2023 on the system should already be processed before upgrading can be taken over.
- Once the new version is securely installed, company file conversion and upgrading of the software can take place.
- It is important to remember that the upgrading process can only be tackled with admin credentials.
- If the customer is the sole user of the software, this invariably means that he is the admin of the software.
- If that is not the case, then the user needs to sign up as the admin with appropriate credentials.
- Any user not logged in as admin and trying to update the software will encounter a problem with a message stating- “The company file needs to be updated.
- Please ask your QuickBooks administrator to update the file.
- This interprets as the requirement of the user to log in as admin and then try to update again.
Since the most updated version of QuickBooks is QuickBooks 2023, thus let us walk you through the steps on how to upgrade QuickBooks Desktop to 2023 with ease. Before you can upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2023, you should have all your data backed up in a secured environment. If you failed to do this step then you may put your data at greater risk.
In case you do end up with any problem, you can contact the customer Consultant team of QuickBooks housed by Intuit. In the situation wherein the same Consultant is not able to be connected, you can try alternative QuickBooks Consultant agencies.