In this article read how to "Upgrading & Converting Company File in QuickBooks Desktop" easy.
Situation: With the rapid growth of data processing and increased demand to customize services in a more efficient, better way, propels the technology to grow. With each new version of QuickBooks, you get something extra.
Points to Mind before Upgrading or Converting the Company File:
- Only the user with Administrative rights can do it
- You should not upgrade the company file over a network.
- Once you have updated or converted the Company File, it cannot be opened in the older version.
Users with QuickBooks Subscription can use the Easy Upgrade feature to automatically generate an updated copy of the most recent files.
If you want to update additional company files, you may follow the next steps:
- After updating to the newer version of QuickBooks, open it.
- Browse to the File menu and click Open Or Restore Company.
- Click on Open A Company File and then hit
- Highlight the data file and select
(In case you see a window appear which asks you to Move Company File, follow the instructions given there.)
- Go through the information provided in Update Company File For New Version Click on the box to give your declaration that you understood it all, and then hit Update Now.
- You will see instructions about how to back up your file.
- Select Yes on the next prompt.
- Once you have updated the file, follow these instructions:
For more information on the advance steps, contact our QuickBooks experts at anytime convenient to you:
Following the method provided above, you should be able to upgrade or convert your QuickBooks files to a newer version. However, you can get in touch with the QBPayroll_AskForAccounting QuickBooks technical support team for more information and other QuickBooks troubleshooting services.
You can give a call at our toll-free helpline number 1800-865-4183 to speak to one of our QuickBooks Experts. Our AskforAccounting QuickBooks 24/7 tech support team has experienced QuickBooks experts who can help you in resolving “Upgrading & Converting Company File in QuickBooks Desktop” and any kind of error or issue instantly without any loss of productivity or your precious time.