QuickBooks error H202 is one of the most common errors, which occurs when you are trying to access some company files that are located on some other computer. It is quite similar to other QuickBooks Error H101, H303 & H505.
You will encounter the QuickBooks Error Code H202, when you are trying to access your company file on a different system. The problem worsens when your files cannot be recovered from the server. There is also another reason which is responsible for this QuickBooks error, i.e. when your computer is unable to form a stable connection with the server.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error H202:
Here are some causes which lead to QuickBooks Error H202:
- Issues with the configuration settings.
- When QuickBooks Firewall is obstructing the software from access the company files.
- Corrupt or damaged .ND files configuration.
- QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF have not started yet.
- When your QB DSM is unable to locate the IP address of the host computer.
- Problem with DNS setting.
Here are some solutions which are recommended seeing the seriousness of the error:
If you find issues following the solution then dial our Customer Care Number.
Solution I: QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor from the internet.
Be ware of malicious software’s as the program above have been reported to be infected. Thus make sure you maintain a secured backup of all your files. In case of issues, give us a call at 1800-940-7442
- It is repair software which resolves all the H-series and multi-user errors.
Solution II: Validation of all the hosting and services
For validating the hosting
- From your workstation, open QuickBooks solution.
- Go to the File menu and select the Utilities
- Check for the Host Multi-User Access from the list. If this system is not hosting the file then move to other laptop. Don’t make any changes on your workstation.
- Look for Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, click on that option.
- From the Company option, check for File Must Be Closed window and click on Yes.
For validating the services
- Make sure that you have started the services for QuickBooksDBXX along with QBCFMonitor.
- Go to the Windows Start
- Open the Run Command
- In the Search area, type msc and press Enter.
- For service window, you will have to scroll down and look for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If you are unable to locate it, then follow the steps below:
- From the Database Server Manager, confirm the availability of the Database Server Manager.
- Run the complete program from the server and open QuickBooks
- Choose and make sure that the hosting is enabled.
- Open the QuickBooksDBXX service and check for the Startup Type is that it is set for Automatic process and the service status is shown as running.
- Select the Recovery
- Open the drop-down menu and select the First Failure option and choose Restart Do the same thing for the other subsequent failures.
- Click on OK to save all the changes made.
- Repeat all the above steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution III: Configure the Firewall
Windows has an inbuilt Firewall and antivirus for its users. These applications seldom ac as an obstacle and obstruct QuickBooks. For such situations, follow the given steps on your system:
- Go to your Windows Firewall
- Open control panel and in the search bar, type Firewall and press Enter from your keyboard.
- Open the Windows Firewall and click on Advanced
- On the Left side of your window, select Outbound rules and right-click on it.
- Select New Rule
- Go to Ports and select Next
- Go to the TCP option and enter the following port for the specified local ports box:
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016:8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015:8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Go to the Next option and click on the Allow the Connection
- Go to the Next option, so that you can enter a name in the name field and press Finish
- Repeat the steps above for the Inbound Rules.
Though the above given solution is provided to the best of our knowledge but since there are many reasons you may face this error, thus there are many solutions. If the above given solution didn’t work for you and you are still facing QuickBooks error H202 then immediately dial QuickBooks Canada Tollfree support for help at our toll-free number 1800-940-7442.