The QuickBooks error 1303 is a primitive one and doesn’t require much technical toggling. While installing QuickBooks, the process is interrupted by a prompt that shows that the installation could not be processed because the installer doesn’t have sufficient rights to do so, how to fix QuickBooks installing error 1303.
Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. “C:\…\Intuit”
The Reason for this QuickBooks Error 1303
If you are having trouble while installing QuickBooks Desktop, there may be a reason.
- Lies in the System Group or the Everyone Group.
- When the groups mentioned here do not have complete control rights, this error takes place.
- Due to technical issues while installation.
Once we have resolved the issue, the problem goes away permanently. We are going to provide you with the resolutions to help you out in removing the problem for good.
Resolving the Issue QuickBooks Error 1303- Installer has Insufficient
If you doesn’t resolve the QuickBooks error 1303 Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. C:\…\Intuit issue. There are several steps you can take to resolve QuickBooks error 1303.
Solution 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub most recent version 18.104.22.168 from the Intuit official website.
- After that Save this file into your folder.
- Now opened the recently downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Then Install QB tool hub in your system with the use of following the on-screen instructions and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Finally, double-click on the tool hub icon on your Windows desktop when the installation is complete.
Solution 2: Changing the permissions for folder
Changing the permissions manually to set them to full control for the system and everyone groups for the folder C: Documents and Settings All Users. You can manually change permissions to Full Control for the SYSTEM and Everyone groups for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
- You have to press Windows + R to open the Run window on your keyboard.
- Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ in the Open field, then you have to click OK.
- A window will get display on the screen and it displays the folder contents.
- Select Properties by clicking Organize in the Folder window.
- Windows 10: On the folder window’s top ribbon, click Properties.
- Then you have to go to the Security tab in the Properties window.
- Select Advanced from the menu then select Edit from the menu.
- Double-click the SYSTEM user after navigating to the bottom of the list of Permission entries.
- Then you have to click OK after checking the box in the Allow column next to the Full Control row.
- Then you have to repeat the steps to a to h with the Everyone group (if it exists).
- After that, you have to check the checkbox that is labeled Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.
- Now, you have to click OK in both the Advanced Security Settings window and then again in the COMMON FILES Properties window.
- Lastly, Install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Turning Off the Simple File Sharing
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- You have to copy and then paste RunDll32.exe, shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0, and Enter.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Settings list on the View tab.
- Then you have to delete the Use simple file sharing checkbox.
- Choose OK to continue installing QuickBooks Desktop.
The resolutions provided above work the same for everyone. Many people have resolved the same QuickBooks error 1303 by following the guidelines given above. However, if you face any difficulty while performing the operation, or if you need technical assistance for any other matter, we recommend you to get in touch with the QuickBooks error consultant team.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I am unable to resolve QuickBooks Error 1303?
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 1303 using the methods mentioned above, you may need to seek further assistance from the QuickBooks support team. They can provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you resolve any underlying system issues that may be causing the error.
What is Error 1303 in QuickBooks?
When the system group or everyone group does not have full control privileges for the directory that is to be accessed, QuickBooks Error 1303 will occur.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.