Intuit “QuickBooks slow to open” is an issue that is very common and is faced by majority of QuickBooks users. Though the program itself is not slow but there are issues that may occur within the program that make QuickBooks point of sale won’t open company file.
QuickBooks POS is a retail solution which is incorporated with the QuickBooks accounting software. It makes your merchandising business run effectively and efficiently. When you are accessing your software, there are situations when your QuickBooks Company file fails to open. If this so happens then. you will see the following error messages:
- Failed to open the QuickBooks Company file.
- Error: POS is unable to connect to QuickBooks Company data file.
- Connected is disrupted.
- Failed to sign in to the QuickBooks Company file.
It is recommended that when you encounter this issue, you reboot your system and sign in to your workstation as the Administrator. You should also check for any update, if any then update your system.
What is the Causes of QuickBooks Slow to Open
- POS is installed on the client system rather than server.
- POS is attempting to establish the connection between QB Company file.
- The service manager is not responding to your POS database, thus you cannot log in to your file.
- Connection is disrupted between file and POS.
- Corrupt or damaged QB Company file.
- The QB Company file was changed to a higher version of POS through the Windows XP SP2 Operating System.
How to Fix QuickBooks Slow to Open Error
It is suggested that you follow the explanations mentioned in this article to resolve your QuickBooks POS issues.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Method 1: Restoration of the backup
🔹 Click on the Test QuickBooks Company file option from your POS.
🔹 Go to the File option from the menu bar and select the Company operations
🔹 Go to the Restore from backup option and press Next.
🔹 Click on Browse to alternate backup file option and press the option Browse.
🔹 Navigate to the following data path:
● For Microsoft Windows 7,8 and 8.1: C:UsersPublicPublic DocumentsIntuitQuickBooks POS 11.0Data”Your Company Name”Backup
● For Microsoft Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersShared DocumentsIntuitQuickBooks POS 11.0Data”Your Company Name”Backup
🔹 Click on the recently created backup and press Next.
This procedure is going to restore your QuickBooks Company file to the date and time, when you have created the backup file.
In case you face issues with the above step then here are resolution step you would need to try to fix “QuickBooks slow to open” error.
Method 2: Renaming the QuickBooks Company file
🔹 Browse to the following data path for your QuickBooks.
● For Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 8.1: C:UsersPublicPublic DocumentsIntuitQuickBooks POS vXXData”XYZ”
● For Microsoft Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersShared DocumentsIntuitQuickBooks POS vXXData”XYZ”
🔹 Rename your QuickBooks Company file.
● Go to your QB Company file’s location.
● Select the file and right-click on it.
● A drop-down menu will appear, select the Rename
● Enter the new file name for the QB Company file. You can just add some extra characters, numbers, etc., as it is not necessary that you change the name of the file completely.
Note: vXX means the version of the QuickBooks POS, while XYZ denotes the Company Name.
Connect for help:
In case the solution provided above fail to resolve your error and your QuickBooks wont open or is slow to open then you would need to fix your issue via support. AskforAccounting is the perfect place you can demand help for your QB related errors. If you are facing any problem within the software then get in touch with our QuickBooks error support number. Our ProAdvisors will help you walk through every step so that you can learn as we go. Thus waste no time further and connect for help now.