In this ultimate article, we elaborate on the information related to QuickBooks file extension and QuickBooks file types with a difference. Also, we explained some backup file extensions as well as the company file extension that applies to all files.
QuickBooks Desktop is one of the widely used software in recent times that is easy to use for managing finances and keeps a better track of your business health. Moreover, it also offers different types of files and extensions to store different types of data. Such as, the backup data files (QBB) and the main company file (QBW) are completely different from each file type in QuickBooks Desktop.
What are the Different Types of QuickBooks Company File Extension?
Check out the table containing the file type and its extension name along with a brief description.
|File Extension name||File Type||Description|
|Temp 1234.qbt||rebuild temp file||It is created by the user during the Pass 1 rebuild process and is immediately removed once the rebuild process has been completed|
|Qbwin.log||QuickBooks Log file||This file is made or updated when you run the rebuild/verify option. It’s placed in the directory for downloading QuickBooks.|
|QBInstanceFinder||Instance Finder file||You can delete this file, however, it might come up again in some version of QuickBooks|
|QBrestor.TMP||Temp restore for file||This file is created while restoring the QBB file and was automatically deleted during the restoring process|
|QuickBooks Letters Templates folder||Letters Folder||It contains templates for word document for write letters function of QuickBooks|
|DownloadQBXX folder||Download folder||It is created to store the updates which get downloaded when you use “update QuickBooks” functions|
|Inet folder||Inet||This is earlier used functions to store “License information” in QuickBooks|
|CONNLOG.TXT||Connection Log file||It is the “Online Banking connection log file” that contains the log of each connection for the Online Banking|
|Images Folder||Image folder||It stores “temporary copies” of images that are used by QuickBooks|
|.TDB||QuickBooks Pro Timer files||There is a “Time tracking data from QuickBooks Timer” in the QBTIMER directory|
|QBW192.168.X.XXmta||Temporary Database file||It is a temporary file created by the “Database Manager” while opening the company file|
|.QBO||Web connect file||It is commonly known as a web connect online banking download file. You can easily download this file from the bank while using the “web connect method” for the purpose of online banking|
|.NPC||Online banking file (obsolete)||It is an online banking format that is used by former QB versions and was replaced by “OFX” format|
|.LDB||MS Access file for Timer data||It is an MS access file that is needed for the “*.TDB file”|
|.INI||Configuration file||This file allows you to Consultant “Online Banking”|
|.DES||Form design template file||It is created while exporting a form design that you can find from the template list.|
|.BMP||Windows Bitmap file||It stores bitmapped images that are used in QuickBooks|
|AIF||Accountant’s Review copy (the import file)||It is made while exporting to the user’s company file of Accountant’s copy|
|.BPW||Business planner file||It is not backed up with the company file, it requires a separate backup copy|
|.BDB||Timer backup file||It is made when the user is trying to take a backup of time data within QuickBooks Pro Timer|
QuickBooks File Extensions for Accountants
Check out here are some of the QuickBooks File extensions that are used for the accountant:
- QBY extension: This file is created after importing when the accountant completes the modifications before sending it to the client.
- QBX extension: It is also created after importing when a client is sending the file to their accountant
- QBA extension: This work file is created on QuickBooks by the Accountant where who reviews the file and makes the required modifications; it is created from the QBX file sent by the client.
QuickBooks File Extensions for Windows
The below-mentioned are some of the QuickBooks file extensions which are used for Windows different versions:
- QBB extension: It is a backup file created from QuickBooks
- QBW extension: It is usually used by users for the company file
- QBM extension: It is a portable copy of the company file that helps in sending and receiving the files.
QuickBooks File Extension for Payroll Files
Here is the file extension that issued for the Payroll files
- 1PA: It is the extension used for the 940 and 941 tax form files
- QPD: QuickPay type of data file created through QuickPay version 3.0
- TXT & SET: These are QuickBooks version 2.0 and 2.1
- Qpconvrt.log: This is a log that stores all payroll warning messages
- Taxtbl.usa: It is the extension for Windows version 3.1
Other QuickBooks Company Files Extension
Check out some more extensions for the Company file extension.
- Qbwin.log (QuickBooks log file): This file includes a log from the QuickBooks company file for all records generated or changed by the user.
- .ND (QuickBooks Network Data file): It is a configuration file that keeps a record of the computer network that allows access to other files on the network
- Temp 1234.qbt (temp rebuild file): This file is created by the user while rebuilding the company file
- IIF (Intuit Interchange Format file): It lets users import or export transactions and lists from either Bank or other QuickBooks Desktop. Learn how to fix IIF import error in QuickBooks while importing and exporting data.
- LMR and .LMX extension files: These files contain information related to the loan that a user tracks in the QuickBooks company file
- TLG extension: This log file contains all the transactions in QuickBooks. It allows the software to recover old and desired transactions.
So, the ultimate guide ends here with the hope that you find it easy to understand QuickBooks file extensions and QuickBooks file types with differences. However, each type of QuickBooks File has a unique extension. Although QuickBooks file extensions type may vary based on which version of QuickBooks you’re using. Still need assistance or want to explore more information, suggested you connect with QuickBooks consultant toll-free help desk number. You can also approach them via email at [email protected] or 24*7 live chat for instant help.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.