If you are a beginner and want to know how to efile T4 from QuickBooks than it is really important to first understand what they are. Having a good understanding of how QuickBooks works with T4 will help you file it correctly.
What is T4?
These are tax forms that are filed annually. T4’s are specifically filed to report earnings and deductions of your employees. They are then submitted to:
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
- Your employee,
- And for your own self.
You are not required to print one form for every employee to be filed to CRA, as you have the privilege to print 2 T4 per page.
How to efile T4 from QuickBooks?
Manually filing these forms can be intimidating, seeing the length of this form and the kind of detail you are required to supply. But if you are a QuickBooks user then the program is fully capable to assist you in every step.
Before you can file T4, make sure the address of your employee, along with its name, SIN and other contact details are correct.
Steps to efile T4 from QuickBooks:
Here you would need to generate T4 copy to be further submitted to your employees. This is how you will move forward.
- Login to your QuickBooks company file.
- From the top navigation bar, choose to click on taxes
- Choose Payroll tax tab.
- From the displayed window, choose annual forms
- Navigate to the section, where it says T4. Click on the tab and prepare your T4 slip. Ensure that this will be submitted to your employees.
- Click the tab once again and your T4 slip will be viewed in adobe reader.
- Ensure that all the information you supplied is correct. Once verified, click on the print command and submit the copies to your employees.
Efile T4 from QuickBooks: Employer copy summary report for CRA…
To efile T4 from QuickBooks, you would need to supply transmitter number to the federal tax authority’s website. If you don’t have access to the TN number just yet then simply enter “555555”. Once that has done follow the steps below:
- Repeat the same steps as above and navigate like:
- Click on taxes tab.
- Click payroll tax, from the drop down menu.
- Click on the annual forms tab.
- Choose to click on the type of forms.
- Get the employers copy: For this click on the T4 slip for employers tab to get your employer copy.
- Get your summary report: To get a summary report for salary paid employees then click on the T4 summary file.
- To verify if the report you generated and the info you supplied is correct, click on the view tab and view your file.
- Print the file to secure a physical copy of the T4 form.
- Click on the submit button and follow the prompts. You will now be able to download .csv file.
- Save the file in your desired location.
- From your browser open up Canada.ca and upload your .csv file you just downloaded.
If you have followed the steps above then you must be all sorted by now, but in case if your query “How to efile T4 in QuickBooks” is still unresolved then talk to our Proadvisor.
Our QuickBooks technicians are well trained to take any issue related to your accounting program. Thus, give us a call and get help 24/7.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.