Administrators are keen on understanding how QuickBooks works and the causes of errors in it. Central to all this is the “Qbwin.log or QuickBooks.log Files” that QuickBooks uses to display a variety of significant information about its operational aspects and the data corruption displayed in form of this log.
Here’s a list of what this log holds for the user: QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log Files
- Unforeseen conditions
- Message about Fatal errors and unforeseen conditions
- Data related to access to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Info about start-up and/or closure of various ‘services’ along with system-resource requested
- Other QuickBooks messages
Information created when Verify, Rebuild or Clean-up utilities are run
Speak to a Specialist about Your QuickBooks Software
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
How to Locate the QBWin.log File
Through the onboard product Consultant screens one can easily gain access to these files, here’s how:
- With QuickBooks company file open on the Home page > Press the F2 key or press Ctrl+1 keys > The Product Information screen gets opened
- Press the F3 (Ctrl+2) to open the Tech Help window > Select Open File Tab
- Scroll to the QBWIN.LOG file > Click Open File
- The QBWin.log file will open in Notepad.
Access QBWin.log on Networks or other Hosted Environment
- From the Start menu in the Hosted environment > Select Computer
- In the Search menu > Type QBWin.log but Do not press Enter
- You will see the list of QBWin.logs (Look for the latest QBWin.log and the error it mentions )
Segment 1: Check out the events near the very end of the file where you see this portion below:
BEGIN VERIFY LOG
The useful information lies in between the header above and the section that ends with the caption below – (Here it will include the keyword and one of the errors in Segment 2)
END VERIFY LOG
Segment 2: Keyword of list-count errors in QBWin.log:
- LVL_SEVERE ERROR
Segment 3: Corrupted Memorized Report errors – Example of the error)
BEGIN VERIFY LOG
LVL_ERROR- -Memorized Report recnum ## (name of report) contains corrupted formatting data. Recnum ## – This memorized report must be deleted.
END VERIFY LOG
The error is self-explanatory, and both problem and solutions are clearly shown.
- To correct the error above, simply open the Memorized Report List > Select Re-sort
- Re-sort it > Close the list > Re-open the list again > Re-sort again > Close the list again.
You can contact AskForAccounting for all issues related to QuickBooks. Our services are open 24*7 for troubleshooting any issue related to QuickBooks. We have other mediums like 24*7 chat QuickBooks Consultant and mention the details about the issue.