QuickBooks software is quite susceptible to data corruption and damage. This is where you need “Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop” to come into action. If there arises any problem within your QuickBooks then the program always comes with a backup plan.
Any issue within QuickBooks inadvertently leads to improper working of the software wherein the user is unable to get access to their company file or maybe software. If the issue is only of data damage then the best option user has is Rebuild Utilities which is performed after verify tool has been employed.
These tools generally go hand in hand and are called verify and rebuild data utilities. This is one of the most common troubleshooting methods employed for identifying and resolving data damage both for Windows and Mac users. Under Verify Data utility the user is able to identify any and all data problems within the software, on the other hand, the rebuild data utility aids in resolving most of these identified problems within the company file.
QuickBooks Rebuild Data: Things you should know
- Users should run both the Rebuild and Verify utility on the system which is hosting the company file for the tools to work properly.
- Rebuild Data Utility automatically generates a backup of the company file. Although users can store the file anywhere on the system but should remember the location.
Common Scenarios wherein Rebuild Feature is Employed
QuickBooks rebuild data can be made use of under the following cases.
- Critical technical errors when accessing QuickBooks Desktop.
- Issues found on reports, like bills and invoices reported with negative values.
- All the accounts are not displayed on the Balance Sheet.
- Names along with transactions are missing from the lists
- The user should scan the company file with a data check-up to ensure there is no error.
- Payments already deposited are mistakenly added under the Payments yet to be deposited section.
Steps to Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop
- Select all the windows running and then close them.
- Use Verify Data Utility – Select File, followed by Utility option, and then Verify Data tab.
- Use Rebuild Data Utility – Select File, followed by Utility option and then Rebuild Data tab.
- A pop-up message stating a backup of the file is needed will occur. Click on the OK tab
- Once the message stating the Rebuild process is complete, click on the OK button.
- Now the user should again run Verify Data tool in order to find out if there are any more data damage errors left – Select File, followed by the Utility option, and then Verify Data tab.
- In case any more issues are found, then the user will have to resolve them on their own through manual interference.
- If the error is not located, then the user can try to restore the backup of the company file created before. Select the file option from the menu and then click on the Restore tab.
- For additional Consultant connect with authentic Payroll Consultant.
How to Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Tool alone
- Select File, followed by Utility option, and then Rebuild Data tab.
- Click on the OK tab if a pop-up prompt is displayed asking for a backup of the company file.
- Once a message stating Rebuild has completed then select the OK tab and then proceed with the steps instructed on the screen.
Why do you need QuickBooks Rebuild Data?
- Transactions are missing.
- The business file fails to open.
- Names are lost from the company list.
- Balance sheet reports are not showing all the accounts.
- You receive error messages while using QuickBooks.
- You are not able to save transactions.
- QB breaks down when you click on the option to save a transaction.
The above details are in terms of rebuilding data utility which helps to resolve minor data damage errors.
For more information regarding the same user should connect with proficient QuickBooks experts. If the user is unable to get connected with this customer Consultant team, the user can try alternative QuickBooks Consultant agencies like AskForAccounting through their Toll-Free Number or visit the website for QuickBooks Consultant for online chat help.