QuickBooks software is quite susceptible to data corruption and damage. This is where you need QuickBooks rebuild data to come into action. If there arise any problem within your QuickBooks then the program always comes with the backup plan.
Any issue within QuickBooks inadvertently leads to improper working of the software wherein the user is unable to get access of their company file or maybe software. If the issue is only of data damage then the best option user has is of Rebuild Utilities which is performed after verify tool has been employed.
These tools generally go hand in hand and is called verify and rebuild data utilities. This is one of the most common troubleshooting methods employed for identifying and resolving data damage both for Windows and Mac user. Under Verify Data utility the user is able to identify any and all data problem within the software, on the other hand rebuild data utility aids in resolving most of these identified problem within the company file.
QuickBooks Rebuild Data: Things you should know
- User should run both Rebuild and Verify utility on the system which is hosting company file for the tools to work properly.
- Rebuild Data Utility automatically generates a backup of the company file. Although user can store the file anywhere on the system, but should remember the location.
Common Scenarios wherein Rebuild Feature is Employed
QuickBooks rebuild data can be made use of under following cases.
- Critical technical errors when accessing QuickBooks Desktop.
- Issues found on reports, like bills and invoices reported with negative values.
- All the accounts are not displayed in the Balance Sheet.
- Names along with transactions are missing from the lists
- User should scan the company file with data check-up to ensure there is no error.
- Payments already deposited are mistakenly added under Payments yet to be deposited section.
Steps to Run, Verify and Rebuild QuickBooks Data file
- Select all the windows running and then close them.
- Use Verify Data Utility – Select File, followed by Utilities option and then Verify Data tab.
- Use Rebuild Data Utility – Select File, followed by Utilities option and then Rebuild Data tab.
- A pop-up message stating backup of file is needed will occur. Click on OK tab
- Once the message stating Rebuild process is complete, click on OK button.
- Now the user should again run Verify Data tool in order to find out if there are any more data damage error left – Select File, followed by Utilities option and then Verify Data tab.
- In case any more issues are found, then the user will have to resolve them on their own through manual interference.
- If the error are not located, then user can try to restore the backup of company file created before. Select file option from the menu and then click on Restore tab.
- For additional support connect with authentic Payroll Support.
How to Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Tool alone
- Select File, followed by Utilities option and then Rebuild Data tab.
- Click on OK tab if a pop-up prompt is displayed asking for backup of the company file.
- Once a message stating Rebuild has completed then select OK tab and then proceed with steps instructed on the screen.
Why do you need QuickBooks Rebuild Data?
- Transactions are missing.
- The business file fails to open.
- Names are lost from the company list.
- Balance sheet reports are not showing all the accounts.
- You receive error messages while using QuickBooks.
- You are not able to save transactions.
- QB break down when you click on the option to save a transaction.
The above details are in terms with rebuild data utility which helps to resolve minor data damage errors. For more information regarding the same user should connect with the proficient QuickBooks experts. If the user is unable to get connected with this customer support team, user can try alternative QuickBooks support agencies like AskForAccounting through their Toll Free Number – 1800-865-4183 or visit the website for QuickBooks Support for online chat help.