QuickBooks Merge Vendors, Suppliers and Customers, clubbing all of them or merging two vendors into one is easy, all you need is the technical know how. If you have a good understanding of the software then you can easily perform this task all with ease. But if merge vendors in QuickBooks is a challenge for you then we are here to guide you at every step. If you need any kind of help related to QuickBooks then connect with our ProAdvisors now.
QuickBooks is one financial management software that eases the process of completing important accounting tasks. The user can perform various functions within the software that answers your questions like:
- How to merge vendors in quickbooks?
- How to merge vendors and suppliers?
- How to track inventory within QuickBooks?
- How to create invoices and mail directly to your clients?
The software is quite helpful as it eases down your work a lot. But there are certain issues within the software that needs to be taken care of. There are certain points to keep in mind before tackling the query like “QuickBooks Merge Vendors, Suppliers and Customers” and these include:
- Merging of lists directly deletes the used lists and repopulates the data into the merged one.
- The process is irreversible. Once the process of merging is complete user cannot undo it.
- The company file should remain in single user environment.
- Accountant’s copy file labeled as QBA is not applicable for merging.
- Ensure multi-currency option is not switched ON.
- The versor list being merged should not consists of following:
- Tax Authorities and Exempt
- Paid via Online Banking
- Vendors facilitating Direct Deposit.
QuickBooks Merge Vendors, Suppliers and Customers
If you are looking to merge vendors in quickbooks or merge vendors and suppliers or even merge duplicate customers or vendors into one then these are the steps that you would need to follow:
Steps to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks:
- Access the software, click on Expenses tab from the menu on the left side of window.
- From the next menu click on Vendors option.
- Click on the names of vendors that do not have to be merged in the list, followed by clicking on Edit tab located on top section in the right part of the screen.
- Make the required changes under Title, First, Middle and Last Name along with Suffix in order to make the entries of the vendors identical. Once the Display name is also same click on Save option.
- Click on Yes tab on the pop-up to confirm the merging process.
How to Merge Duplicate Vendors in QuickBooks:
The latest version of QuickBooks Enterprise as well as the Accountant edition is outfitted with enhanced version of Merge Vendors tool, wherein the user can merge 4 vendors with same name. This feature helps to unify recorded transaction and other account details under all the merged vendor names in one list. In order to perform this function, follow the steps below:
- Open Merge Vendors screen through:
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Edition:
- From the Accountant Menu click on Client Data Review and then on Merge Vendors
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Edition:
- From the Company Menu click on Accounting tools and then on Merge Vendors
- Under this screen click on the vendors that are required to be merged followed by Next tab.
- Click on specific Master Vendor list and then on Merge. For users looking to backup the list before merging click on Backup and Merge tab.
- On the confirmation pop-up click on Yes tab and then on OK tab Merge Complete screen.
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Edition:
Looking for help then dial for QuickBooks professional support at 1800-865-4183.
Steps to Merge Customers in QuickBooks:
User can also merge customer lists by following the steps listed below:
- Open the software, click on Sales tab from the main menu bar.
- Select the Customer option from the menu.
- Click on the names of customers that do not have to be merged in the list.
- Make the required changes under Title, First, Middle and Last Name along with Suffix in order to make the entries of the customers identical. Once the Display name is also same click on Save option.
- Click on Yes tab on the pop-up to confirm the merging process
Hope you are now able to get all the answers to your question: QuickBooks Merge Vendors, Suppliers and Customers. But if you still feel like that your problem is still not resolved then ask for QuickBooks support. QuickBooks certified professionals at AskForAccounting have years of experience to tackle with customer queries. Thus not only you can fix your queries like: how to merge vendors in QuickBooks but can sort out other error related issues as well. Thus feel free and get connected now at our toll free number 1800-865-4183.