If you are faced with an error message “QuickBooks Point of Sale won’t open company file” then here is what you need to read. At times the QuickBooks POS software runs out of track and encounters errors that end up being critical and adversely affect the system functioning.
At times you may face an error like…
QuickBooks Point of Sale failed to open company file
QuickBooks Point of Sale unable to connect to company data file
QuickBooks Point of Sale login to company file failed
QuickBooks Point of Sale connection is broken
QuickBooks Point of Sale fail server returned error code 500
QuickBooks Failed Server Returned Error Code 500 in POS indicates remote server returned a problem that is then is reported with an issue QuickBooks POS cannot open the company file.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File
- 2 How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File
- 3 Another Way to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Causes QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File
- POS is installed on the client’s workstation rather than on being on a server.
- When the POS service manager managing your data is not working.
- The server is not able to connect with your QuickBooks file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File
The usual consequences that are responsible for Error 500 occur are due to the variety of data-integrity problems in the QBW file. In case you have your QBW file on your local drive and still. You are facing an error QuickBooks Point of Sale won’t open the company file, need to follow the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
Please make sure:- Run Rebuild and Verify Data Utilities on the system where the real company file is stored.
The Rebuild Data Utility creates a backup of your company file. Save the backup in any desirable location but remember the location of the file.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data Utility
🔹 Go to File menu -> Click Utilities -> Rebuild Data
🔹 Once you receive a prompt to backup your company file -> Click OK
🔹 Your system might show an error message: “QuickBooks is not responding”.
🔹 In case the cursor is moving it indicates that the Rebuild process is in process.
🔹 You have to wait till the process completes.
🔹 When you receive a prompt message that the Rebuilds process is completed successfully.
🔹 Click OK and move to the next step.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data Utility
🔹 Go to File menu >> Choose Utilities >> Verify Data.
🔹 When prompted a message: “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data” Click OK.
🔹 Continue using your company file.
🔹 In case the Verify Data Utility locates any sort of issue with your data, a message to Rebuild Now or View Errors will be prompted.
🔹 Click Close or perform any one of the following.
Step 3: Reviewing the QBWIN.log File
In case you are comfortable reviewing the QBWIN.log file you can continue with the below steps and in case of issues, contact help.
🔹 Locate the QBWIN.log or QuickBooks.log files.
🔹 Open the file and start Verify Data Utility and find out the most recent file.
🔹 Seek the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, copy and paste it to the QuickBooks Help page.
🔹 Also you can find the Data Damage Top LVL errors Library.
🔹 Go step-wise to fix the issue.
Another Way to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File
- First of all, you would need to reboot your system. Once done open up your QuickBooks POS.
- Head over to the start company button and click on the New company tab.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now in the name field enter any name you would like to give. For the sake of this test, we will name it as Company Test.
- Hit Create tab and this will create your Company Test file.
- Open up your Company Test file and choose company operations from the files menu.
- Now hit next.
- Select the tab that says “open existing company” choose select your QuickBooks company file and then hit the Next tab.
- You will now see your QuickBooks POS company file open.
For any further issues, you can connect with QuickBooks point of sale Consultant through different channels like toll-free phone numbers, email, or live chat with a QB professional.