If you are faced with an error message “QuickBooks Point of Sale won’t open company file” then here is what you need to read.
Implementing the QuickBooks Point of Sale brings remarkable difference to the small and medium sized businesses. The program not only enhances the speed of your system but also accelerates the business growth profitably.
POS systems are tailored in a way to multitask and allow rapid sales etc. At times the software runs out of track and encounter errors that ends up being critical and adversely affect the system functioning. At times you may face with an error like:
QuickBooks Point Of Sale won’t open Company file.
QuickBooks Failed Server Returned Error Code 500 in POS indicates remote server returned a problem that is then is reported with an issue, Point of sale won’t open the company file.
- 1 How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File:
- 2 Another Ways to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Can’t Open Company File or Failed to Open Company in QuickBooks POS:
Causes QuickBooks Point of Sale Can’t Open Company File:
- POS is installed on client’s workstation rather than on being on a server.
- When the POS service manager managing your data is not working.
- Server is not able to connect with your QuickBooks file.
How to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Won’t Open Company File:
The usual consequences that are responsible for Error 500 to occur are due to the variety of data-integrity problems in the QBW file.
In case you have your QBW file on your local drive and still you are facing the error, you need to follow the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
Please make sure
- Run Rebuild and Verify Data Utilities on the system where the real company file is stored.
- The Rebuild Data Utility creates a backup of your company file. Save the backup in any desirable location but remember the location of the file.
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data Utility
- Go to File menu -> Click Utilities -> Rebuild Data
- Once you receive a prompt to backup your company file -> Click OK
Your system might show error message: “QuickBooks is not responding”. In case the cursor is moving it indicates that Rebuild process is in process. You have to wait till the process completes.
- When you receive a prompt message that Rebuild process is completed successfully -> Click OK and move to the next step.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data Utility
- Go to File menu -> Choose Utilities -> Verify Data
- When prompted a message: “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data” Click OK. Continue using your company file.
- In case the Verify Data Utility locates any sort of issue with your data, a message to Rebuild Now or View Errors will be prompted.
- Click Close or perform any one of the following:
In case you are comfortable reviewing the QBWIN.log file you can continue with the below steps and in case of issues, contact help.
- Locate the QBWIN.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- Open the file and start Verify Data Utility and find out the most recent file.
- Seek the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, copy and paste to QuickBooks Help page. Also you can find Data Damage Top LVL errors Library.
- Go step wise to fix the issue.
Another Ways to Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Can’t Open Company File or Failed to Open Company in QuickBooks POS:
- First of all you would need to reboot your system. Once done open up your QuickBooks POS.
- Head over to the start company button and click on New company tab.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now in the name field enter the any name you would like to give. For the sake of this test we will name it as Company Test.
- Hit Create tab and this will create your Company Test file.
- Open up your Company Test file and choose company operations from the files menu.
- Now hit next.
- Select the tab that says “open existing company” and choose select your QuickBooks company file and then hit Next tab.
- You will now see your QuickBooks POS company file open.
Connect With Us For Fix this Error:
For any further issues you can connect with QuickBooks point of sale support through different channels like toll free phone number, email or live chat with a QB professional.
Ask for accounting houses certified professionals to get you going with your QuickBooks. Thus connect for your QuickBooks error support and talk to ProAdvisors now.