One such error 500 and TD500 is faced in the form of a message, “QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500” and another is “There was a problem with your update,” error code TD500”. Sometimes, while working on the QuickBooks software, certain situations may arise where your software may crash and you will end up with a certain error.
What are the Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 500
The symptoms of QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500 are listed below:
- Crash the active program window.
- The computer generally crashes when running the same program with the error.
- Windows responds slowly to the mouse and keyboard and starts to run sluggishly.
- The computer starts freezing periodically for a couple of seconds at a time.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
The HTTP Status 500 Internal Server Error means that there is some issue with the website server but the server cannot define the issue more specifically.
Steps to Take to Fix QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
You need to use the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool to resolve your Internal Server error in QuickBooks. before going through the steps, make sure that the following points are kept in mind.
● Run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool where your original Company file is saved.
● Rebuild Data Utility tool will create a backup file. You can save this file in your choice of location.
Step 1: Running the Rebuild Data Utility
- Click on the File tab in the menu bar.
- Go to Utilities and click Rebuild data.
- You will receive a prompt to save your QuickBooks POS Company file.
- Press OK.
- Let this process get complete. Once you receive the message that your process is complete, click on the OK option from the dialog box.
Step 2: Running the Verify Data Utility
- Click on the File menu from the menu bar.
- Select the Utility option from the drop-down menu and then press the Verify Data option.
- You will receive a prompt with the message, “QuickBooks has detected no issues in your data”.
- Now, you will have to press OK & continue working on your company file.
- In case, you receive an error regarding your data then you will have to follow the steps below:
- Browse the QBWIN.log file or QuickBooks.log files.
- Click on the file and begin Verify Data Utility tool.
- Locate LVL_ERROR from the file. You will have to Copy & Paste this on the QuickBooks Help page.
- You can also look at it in the Data Damage Top LVL errors Library.
- Now, you can resolve your issue.
Understanding QuickBooks TD500 Error: How to Troubleshoot and Fix It
This error code TD500 related with update, appears when you try to process a credit card in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Issue can happen if you have more than one version of QuickBooks Desktop installed on computer.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks and Install the Repair File
- Choose the Windows Start icon, search for “Control Panel” and open it.
- Go to Programs and Features (or Uninstall a Program)
- Select your current Desktop Enterprise version of QuickBooks, then choose Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
- Now, Download the repair file, save it somewhere easy to find, like your desktop.
- Double-click the file to unzip it, right-click quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and select Run as Administrator.
- Once completed, open up the version of QuickBooks that had encountered an error; process your customer’s payment like you normally do.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop and Install the Repair File
- Go to the Help menu then Update QuickBooks.
- Download the repair file and save it somewhere convenient, such as your desktop.
- After unzipping the file, right-click quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and run it as an Administrator.
- When it has finished running, open the version of QuickBooks with the error and follow the instructions provided.
- You should then be able to process your customer’s payment like normal.
Hope now you are able to fix QuickBooks POS Error 500. In case, this QuickBooks internal server error 500 still persists, even after trying the solution then you should seek help from QuickBooks error Consultant.