QuickBooks POS is a remarkable retail solution that is developed especially for the small and medium industries. Sometimes, while working on the software, certain situations may arise where your software may crash and you will end up with a certain error. One such error is faced in the form of a message, “QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500“.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is a multitasking application and if you come across some error, it may affect your software adversely. The internal server error is denoted by the error message Fail Server Return Error Code 500. It indicates that your remote server has unexpectedly occurred a problem while processing your request.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 500
- 2 What are the Causes of QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What are the Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 500
The symptoms of QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500 are listed below:
- Crash the active program window.
- ‘QuickBooks error 500’ appears on the screen frequently.
- The computer generally crashes when running the same program with the error.
- Windows responds slowly to the mouse and keyboard and starts to run sluggishly.
- The computer starts freezing periodically for a couple of seconds at a time.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
The HTTP Status 500 Internal Server Error means that there is some issue with the website server but the server cannot define the issue more specifically.
How to Fix QuickBooks Internal Server Error 500
You need to use the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool to resolve your Internal Server error in QuickBooks POS. before going through the steps, make sure that the following points are kept in mind:
● Run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool where your original Company file is saved.
● Rebuild Data Utility tool will create a backup file. You can save this file in your choice of location.
Step 1: Running the Rebuild Data Utility
- Click on the File tab in the menu bar.
- Go to Utilities and click Rebuild data.
- You will receive a prompt to save your QuickBooks POS Company file.
- Press OK.
- Let this process get complete. Once you receive the message that your process is complete, click on the OK option from the dialog box.
Step 2: Running the Verify Data Utility
- Click on the File menu from the menu bar.
- Select the Utility option from the drop-down menu and then press the Verify Data option.
- You will receive a prompt with the message, “QuickBooks has detected no issues in your data”.
- Now, you will have to press OK & continue working on your company file.
- In case, you receive an error regarding your data then you will have to follow the steps below:
- Browse the QBWIN.log file or QuickBooks.log files.
- Click on the file and begin Verify Data Utility tool.
- Locate LVL_ERROR from the file. You will have to Copy & Paste this on the QuickBooks Help page.
- You can also look at it in the Data Damage Top LVL errors Library.
- Now, you can resolve your issue.
Hope now you are able to fix QuickBooks POS Error 500. In case, this QuickBooks internal server error 500 still persists, even after trying the solution then you should seek help from QuickBooks error Consultant.