QuickBooks Error 6000 77 commonly encounters when the company file is accumulated in an inappropriate folder. With the accessibility of both on the basis and cloud, it has promoted businesses to reach the next level. At times, you may come across a few errors that hinder the entire work environment. QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 usually encounters when there is some issue with the Company file either due to an internal problem or when QuickBooks cannot read its path location. It gives a terrifying experience by popping up with (6000-77) error messages. In such a situation, our customer experts actively support the user in fixing the error effortlessly in a limited period of time.
Possible quick instructions to fix QuickBooks Error 6000-77:
- Close your QuickBooks software and right-click the QuickBooks icon on and then choose Run as Administrator to restart it.
- Manually Copy the company files, if you have saved on an external drive
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 -77
Note: In some cases, the error gets fixed after restarting the computer.
- Improper folder access for the folder that upholds the company files within.
- The company file must be on a local drive or network that is placed on an external device.
- A number of files opened by referring to the recorded drive in QuickBooks software.
- QuickBooks software running in multi-user mode when fixing the problem.
Resolution: QuickBooks error 6000-77
Solution I: Run QuickBooks software File Doctor
Download and start the QuickBooks File Doctor to solve this error.
Solution II: Rename .TLG and .ND and files
- Go to Computer > choose the folder and open the company file from a specific location.
- Save the file in a default Location
- Search for files with the identical file name as the company file with the extension .TLG. and .ND
- Right-click and choose TLG. & .ND Company files to rename. To connect the word “.old” at the end of file extension, press enter.
Solution III: Using the UNC path in place of the mapped drive
- Right-click the QuickBooks software icon on the desktop, press Ctrl key on the keyboard, and choose Run as Administrator
Note: Pressing down the Ctrl key avoids QuickBooks from auto-starting a company files.
- From the File menu, choose Restore or Open Company > Start a company file > and then click Next
- In the left pane, select Network, and direct to the location of the company file.
Note: If you can’t locate the folder where the business file is saved, you may require setting the folder permissions.
- Choose the company file and then click Open.
Solution IV: Re-create corrupted folder
- Make a fresh folder in C drive of your system
- Open the folder where the system old file is saved
- Find the .qbw file. and company_file.qbw
- Copy the .qbw file
- Start the new folder and paste the file
- Set window on permission to distribute company files.
- After opening QuickBooks and open the company files from a new folder.
Connect with QuickBooks experts!
This article will help to fix QuickBooks error 6000-77 with no much trouble. If this error still continues then contact our experts by calling at Ask for accounting toll-free number 1-800-865-4183. The team professionals are trained and skilled in numerous issues related to QuickBooks software. If the QuickBooks error 6000-77 encounters while opening the company file, you can live chat with the QuickBooks experts via Live Chat Support.