QuickBooks is great and one of the best accounting platforms but it is not as simple as it seems. Because of issues like QuickBooks error 6000 and other difficulties faced, the user experience always remains at risk. But it is also a thing to note that QuickBooks has made accounting lives easier.
QuickBooks software has garnered attention of many business owners and professionals like freelance accountants and bookkeepers. This all has happened because of the powerful features provided within the program. The main purpose of the software is to aid customers with data management tools and to help them track their financials.
Its built-in Integrated features ensure swift management of processes like maintenance of invoices, payroll system, online banking, email service and stock management.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
QuickBooks error code 6000 is encountered when the user tries to open or access the company file in their account. This error can happen in any setup that must be network or local.
You have to identify the reason for the error and then choose the solution accordingly to get it resolved. There is also a series of error code 6000 that occurs because of various reasons. Some of them are listed below as error codes with their reasons or messages.
The Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Error Code 6000
- The Company File is Not Working Properly.
- Internet Connection is not Configured Properly.
- The files with .tlg and .nd Extensions are Damaged or Corrupted.
- Firewall Blocked the Working of QuickBooks.
- The Account or Company File is accessed by Multiple Users at the Same Time.
QuickBooks Error 6000 Series Types
As with other software, QuickBooks also falls for issues and errors which are generally categorized under error codes and series. One such error series is QuickBooks error 6000 which is also referred to as File errors of QuickBooks.
Error Codes falling under this series caused by file errors are illustrated for your knowledge:
- QuickBooks Error -6000 – Error Code -6000 is encountered by the user when they try to either backup, restore or open and access the company file stored in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -77 – Error Code -6000, -77 is generally encountered by the customer at that time when they try to access the company file which is stored in the external device or media.
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -80 – Error Code 6000, -80 is faced by the user when he or she tries to access and open the company file which is stored in other computer system and not on the user’s.
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 – Same as the Error code 6000, -80, QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -82 also occurs due to user trying to access company file which is not stored on their computer system.
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 – This error denoted by code -6000, -83 occurs when the user of the software tries to access, open and run the company file without installing it properly.
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 – This error code -6000, -301 crops up due to encryption software. When the company file is stored in the folder where encryption software installed this error comes up.
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -816 – QuickBooks error code -6000, -816 occurs when the user tries to open the company file that is already being used by another user.
- QuickBooks Error 6073, -816 – Error Code 6073, -816 of QuickBooks is encountered when the user tries to access company file which is under some restrictive settings.
- QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001: This error code of QuickBooks -6073, -99001 is generally faced by the users when they try to access the company file under multiple user configuration settings.
- QuickBooks Error -6010: QuickBooks Error Code is encountered by the user when they either use the software wherein the registry of the Windows has been recently modified or the system has just been installed with Antivirus software.
Get the Solution Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Here get the solution steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Solution 1️⃣ For Changing the name of .nd files and .tlg files
✔ First of all, open the location of the company file in your system
✔ Then open the company file that causes the issue and you have to resolve it to open it
✔ After getting the company file, remember the name of it
✔ Then search for the .nd files and .tlg files with the same name as a company data file
✔ When you get these files then change their names
a. Right-click on file
b. Choose the Rename option
c. Then type the old at the end of the file name and save it
✔ Now the file names with extensions .nd and .tlg are changed
✔ Open the QuickBooks software
✔ Open your company file in it
✔ It is working properly and the error is fixed.
Solution 2️⃣ Set Firewall Settings
✔ For this, open the QuickBooks Database Manager
✔ Now search the Port Monitor tab in it
✔ In the Port Monitor tab, check the version of your QuickBooks software
✔ Note down the port number of firewall
✔ Then open the Windows Firewall
✔ Go to the Advanced settings in the firewall
✔ Click on the New Rule option by right-clicking on the in-bound option
✔ Select the Port according to the port number of your QuickBooks
✔ In the end, click on the Next button and it is done.
Solution 3️⃣ Close all the QuickBooks Processes Running in the Background
✔ Log in as the admin in your system
✔ Then open the taskbar by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key and check for background processes
✔ If there are processes related to QuickBooks and are running then stop it
✔ The processes are qbupdate.exe, qbw32.exe, or QBDBMgr.exe
✔ Select the tasks and then click on the End Process or End Task button
✔ Now restart your QuickBooks software again.
Solution 4️⃣ Restore the current QuickBooks Backup
✔ Open the QuickBooks as administrator
✔ Go to the File menu option
✔ Then select the option Utilities
✔ If there is the option “Stop hosting multi-user access” is shown then click on this option
✔ Edit the file name and restore it.
Solution 5️⃣ Open the Company File in a Different Location
✔ Firstly, go to the location where the company file is stored
✔ Then search for the company file having .qbw extension to transfer it on another location and then open it
✔ Now after locating it copy the file by pressing Ctrl+C keys
✔ Then open the new location and paste there by pressing Ctrl+V keys
✔ After that, open the Company File now in your QuickBooks account and it is done.
Connect With Help:
In order to resolve and recover the software from QuickBooks error 6000 or any of the above errors, the customer can avail swift support for their QuickBooks software. For any help you can reach out to our QuickBooks 24/7 support team at 1800-865-4183. Resolve your QuickBooks error now for uninterrupted processing of financial activities of the business through QuickBooks. The best option to connect with us is via call for instant support. Thus feel free to reach us and get help on demand.