In this article, you read the causes and how to fix the “QuickBooks error 6000” code. This error is related to the company file when the user tries to open or access the company file in their account.
QuickBooks is great and one of the best accounting platforms but it is not as simple as it seems. Because of issues like QuickBooks error 6000 and other difficulties faced, the user experience always remains at risk. But it is also a thing to note that QuickBooks has made accounting lives easier. Its built-in Integrated features ensure swift management of processes like maintenance of invoices, payroll system, online banking, email service, and stock management.
QuickBooks error code 6000, XXXX when try to open company file
What’s mean QuickBooks Error 6000
QuickBooks error code 6000 is encountered you try to open or access the company file. This error can happen in any setup that must be network or local. You have to identify the reason for the error and then choose the solution accordingly to get it resolved. There is also a 6000 series of error codes such as 6010 100, 6000, 77, 6000 80, 6000 82, 6000 832, 6073 99001, and many more, that occur because for various reasons. Some of them are listed below as error codes with their reasons or messages.
The Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Error Code 6000
If you’re experiencing an error code like 6000 in QuickBooks, there may be a problem with your company file. In most cases, this error means that there is a problem with the file that QuickBooks is using.
- The Company File is Not Working Properly.
- The Internet Connection is not Configured Properly.
- The files with .tlg and .nd Extensions are Damaged or Corrupted.
- Firewall Blocked the Working of QuickBooks.
- The Account or Company File is accessed by Multiple Users at the Same Time.
Get the Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000
Here get the solution steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000.
Solution 1: For Changing the Name of .ND Files and .TLG Files
- First of all, open the location of the company file in your system
- Then open the company file that causes the issue and you have to resolve it to open it
- After getting the company file, remember the name of it
- Then search for the .nd files and .tlg files with the same name as a company data file
- When you get these files then change their names
- Right-click on the file
- Choose the Rename option
- Then type the old at the end of the file name and save it
- Now the file names with extensions .nd and .tlg are changed
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Open your company file in it
- It is working properly and the error is fixed.
Solution 2: Set Firewall Settings
- For this, open the QuickBooks Database Manager
- Now search the Port Monitor tab in it
- In the Port Monitor tab, check the version of your QuickBooks software
- Note down the port number of the firewall
- Then open the Windows Firewall
- Go to the Advanced settings in the firewall
- Click on the New Rule option by right-clicking on the in-bound option
- Select the Port according to the port number of your QuickBooks
- In the end, click on the Next button and it is done.
Solution 3: Close all the QuickBooks Processes Running in the Background
- Log in as the admin in your system
- Then open the taskbar by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key and checking for background processes
- If there are processes related to QuickBooks that is running then stop it
- The processes are qbupdate.exe, qbw32.exe, or QBDBMgr.exe
- Select the tasks and then click on the End Process or End Task button
- Now restart your QuickBooks software again.
Solution 4: Restore the current QuickBooks Backup
- Open QuickBooks as an administrator
- Go to the File menu option
- Then select the option Utilities
- If there is the option “Stop hosting multi-user access” is shown then click on this option
- Edit the file name and restore it.
Solution 5: Open the Company File in a Different Location
- Firstly, go to the location where the company file is stored
- Then search for the company file having .qbw extension to transfer it to another location and then open it
- Now after locating it copy the file by pressing Ctrl+C keys
- Then open the new location and paste there by pressing the Ctrl+V keys
- After that, open the Company File now in your QuickBooks account and it is done.
QuickBooks 6000 Series Error Codes and Types
As with other software, QuickBooks also falls for issues and errors which are generally categorized under error codes and series. One such error series is QuickBooks error 6000 which is also referred to as file errors of QuickBooks. Error Codes falling under this series caused by file errors are illustrated for your knowledge…
QuickBooks Error 6000
Error Code -6000 is encountered by the user when they try to either backup, restore or open and access the company file stored in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 6010 100
This QuickBooks error 6010 100 is not permitted to access the company file.
QuickBooks Error 6000 107
Error occurs .TLG file is corrupt.
QuickBooks Error 6000 305
The error occurs incorrect network setup or a damaged company file.
QuickBooks Error 6000 1076
The error occurs QuickBooks installation is corrupt.
QuickBooks Error 6120 0
The error occurs because firewall port 8019 is blocked.
QuickBooks Error 6147 0
Users try to open or backup company files.
QuickBooks Error 6129 101
The error occurs incorrect folder permission or the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working.
QuickBooks Error -6176, 0
When you try to open the company file.
QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816
The QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.
QuickBooks Error 6129
QuickBooks is unable to access the company files.
QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001
QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001 is generally faced by the users when they try to access the company file under multiple user configuration settings.
QuickBooks Error 6073, -816
Error Code 6073, -816 of QuickBooks is encountered when the user tries to access the company file which is under some restrictive settings.
QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
QuickBooks error 6144 82 Users trying to restore a backup company file.
QuickBooks Error 6000, -77
QuickBooks error code -6000, and -77 are generally encountered by the customer at that time when they try to access the company file which is stored in the external device or media.
QuickBooks Error Code 6210 0
QuickBooks error 6210 0 occurs when users try to open the company file.
QuickBooks Error 6000 80
QuickBooks error code 6000 80 is faced by the user when he or she tries to access and open the company file which is stored in another computer system and not on the user.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82
QuickBooks error 6144 82 occurs when users try to open the company file.
QuickBooks Error -6000, -82
Same as the Error code 6000, -80, QuickBooks Error Code -6000, and -82 also occur due to users trying to access company file which is not stored on their computer system.
QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006
QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006 occurs when users try to create, open, or work on company files.
QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
This QuickBooks error denoted by code -6000, -83 occurs when the user of the software tries to access, open, and run the company file without installing it properly.
QuickBooks Error 6210 0
QuickBooks error 6210 0 occurs when users try to open a company file.
QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
These error code -6000, and -301 crop up due to encryption software. When the company file is stored in the folder where encryption software is installed this error comes up.
QuickBooks Error 6177 0
QuickBooks error 6177 0 occurs when users try to open or access the company file.
QuickBooks Error -6000, -816
QuickBooks error code -6000, and -816 occurs when the user tries to open the company file that is already being used by another user.
QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
QuickBooks error 6123 0 occurs when the company file has been lost.
QuickBooks Error 6175
Error 6175 when users try to host a QuickBooks company file for multi-user access.
QuickBooks Error 6000, 832
QuickBooks error 6000 832 may arise due to damage to the company file.
Resolve your QB error now for uninterrupted processing of financial activities of the business through QuickBooks. For any help, you can reach out to our QuickBooks error Consultant team. Thus feel free to reach us and get help on-demand.