Let us jump straight to your query “QuickBooks Error 6144 82” which is mainly caused when the setup of your network is not correct. It is considered an error similar to the 6000, XXXX series error. This error can also be resolved by updating the QuickBooks application to the latest version of the software available.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
- 2 Causes that can Lead to QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- 3 Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- 4 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
It mostly occurs when system settings configuration is improper or incorrect and if any irregularities in the Windows registry. Sometimes, it happens while opening any company file which is used by any other application. When users encounter this QuickBooks error 6144 82 a message pops up on the screen QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This error mainly applies to Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, and XP.
Causes that can Lead to QuickBooks Error 6144 82
There are multiple causes that can be the reason behind the QuickBooks error code 6144 82 but here are some of the possible causes that are listed below.
- Due to internet security or improper Firewall settings
- Improper installation or damaged or corrupt downloading of QB software
- Recent modifications in QuickBooks can increase corruption in the Windows Registry and this leads to an error code
- There can be multiple instances on the single system
- Virus-infected or malware attack
- Accidentally deleted the QuickBooks-related company file
- QuickBooks .TLG or .ND files get damaged
- This can also arise when there are network issues on the server
- It can also happen when the user’s permission has not been set up to share the company file.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
Check out the signs and symptoms of the error. These are:
- It crashes the active program windows
- Windows performance sluggishly
- Your system crashes again and again when you run the same program
- Windows slowly respond to mouse or keyboard input
- When the issue is detected then windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
- The system freezes from time to time for a few seconds.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82
There are many different ways to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82, just follow the solutions that are discussed below. It ensures that you’ll be able to rectify your issue in no time.
Solution 1: Windows Error Repair Tool
- Initially, download the window application toll from the official website
- Now let the application be launched and installed
- Next, click on the Scan Now button in order to get errors and deviations detected
- Lastly, click on Repair All to fix all the issues that occurred.
Solution 2: Rename .TLG (Transaction Log File) or .ND (Network Data) files
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks application
- Next, press F2 from the keyboard
- Now go to the section named File information as well as the location of the Company files for QB
- After that look for the folder containing all the Company files
- Check out the file names with .ND and .TLG extension such as qbw.nd, qbw.tlg
- Once find these files then right-click on the same
- Now click on the rename option
- Add Old at the end of these files
- After that close and reopen the QuickBooks software
- At last, try to sign in the application once again.
Solution 3: Set the User Permission
- Very first, select the Company tab within QuickBooks
- Next, select the Users tab
- After that click on the Set Up Users and Roles
- In order to access the information, enter the correct password
- Now, select the username from the user list
- At last, you can change the role as per your requirements.
Solution 4: Repair the Windows Registry
- Initially, press the Windows Start button for your keyboard
- Next, type Command in the appearing search box and don’t hit the Enter button
- After that, hold the keys “Ctrl + Shift” simultaneously and then hit Enter button
- Now a permission dialog box opens
- Click the “Yes” and then a blinking cursor opens a black box
- Here you type “Regedit” and hit the Enter key
- Once you’re done with that, select the error 6144 82 related error within the “Registry Editor”
- After that, select the Export option that you can see in the File menu
- Now select the folder where you wish to save the QB Backup key
- Also, save the backfile name as QuickBooks Backup within the file name box
- Make sure that you’ve selected the “Selected Branch” within the Export range box
- Then hit the Save button in order to save the made changes
- Also, save the file with the extension .reg file
- Now you have QuickBooks backup related to registry entry.
You check this QuickBooks error 6144 82 by opening the QuickBooks Sample file. You are trying to check if your QuickBooks company file or QuickBooks application is having any problems. When this error happens, your installation file in QuickBooks is damaged and needs to be fixed.
Expectedly, the solutions in the article successfully fix QuickBooks error 6144 82. In case, the error still prevails even after trying all the solutions that are mentioned then it is suggested you seek assistance from the QuickBooks Consultant helpdesk team. As they provide assistance for various accounting software like QuickBooks that means you can reach out to them at any point in time.
Just give me a call on the number mentioned above. If you fail in reaching out via the QuickBooks Error Consultant number then you can also connect them via email at email@example.com or do a live chat with dedicated professionals.