QuickBooks software is one financial management software that has garnered accolades and awards over the years. With supremely fast growing list of clienteles that rang from small businesses to startups and other mid sized companies, QuickBooks is sure the best among its competitors. Error Code 6000 83 is a 6000 series error of QuickBooks related to the company file.
- 1 Describe QuickBooks Error 6000 83 Open, Restore, or Back up Company Files:
- 2 Major Reasons and Causes for QuickBooks Error 6000 83
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
- 3.1 Method 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
- 3.2 Method 2: Switch off the hosting on all workstations
- 3.3 Method 3: Turn off hosting on your workstations
- 3.4 Method 4: To Edit the Windows Host File
- 3.5 Method 5: Configure the Linux Server
- 3.6 Method 6: Configure Your Host file
- 3.7 Another Method to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83 Manually:
- 3.8 Scan the Organizational Files
Describe QuickBooks Error 6000 83 Open, Restore, or Back up Company Files:
When trying to open, backup or restore your company file, you might come across “QuickBooks Error 6000 83“. This error code encounters when accessing the company file. If the problem continues, contact QuickBooks experts who help to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83 effortlessly.
The user does not have enough permission for the particular folder. To access QuickBooks software in a multi-user setting, you should have read/write permission and delete/ create rights to the locations where the business file is stored.
Major Reasons and Causes for QuickBooks Error 6000 83
These errors may be the result of the following reason:
- Incomplete and faulty installation process of QuickBooks software
- Damage .qbw extension file format.
- Converting the business file from a previous version over a network connection
- Missing files in the QuickBooks installation
- Un-authorized access by the client in QuickBooks software
- Inadequate permissions for the network server or Windows user
- A firewall or Antivirus software blocking the QuickBooks software files
- Damage shared folder or company file
- More than one system trying to host the business file
- Using a non-Canadian or non-U.S. version of Windows or enclosing the Regional Language locations in Windows set other than English
- The company file is accessed (UNC Path or Mapped Network Drive)
- The file extension might be .qbw, .adr or .qbm
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
There are various conditions in which this error takes place so, according to that the solutions are mentioned below. The cases for getting this error are:
Total Time: 35 minutes
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
🔹 Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor in your system
🔹 Then run the installed filed and open it to fix the issues
🔹 Select the company file or if the file is not visible browse it
🔹 From search select your file
🔹 Then click on the Next to start the scan and it takes a few minutes
🔹 Once the scan is done it shows the list of issues if there are any
🔹 Then fix it and it is done.
Method 2: Switch off the hosting on all workstations
For the multi-user QuickBooks Desktop, arrange only of them to host the business file. Perform the given steps to turn off the hosting on all computer units.
🔹 Start the QuickBooks Desktop> click File, and then choose Utilities.
🔹 From the list: Host Multi-User Access – the system is not hosting the business file and you can directly switch to the next system.
🔹 Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – choose the alternative, then: In the Stop hosting multi-user window, click to yes.
🔹 The business file window should be closed. to continue and move to the next system, click Yes.
Method 3: Turn off hosting on your workstations
Here are the solutions if your file is on the Windows Server and you have to perform the solutions according to the reason for the error. The Solutions are:-
🔹 In your system, open the QuickBooks software
🔹 Go to the File menu then click on the Utilities option
🔹 If the Host multi-use access option is available then take care that you won’t select it
🔹 Then check this option in another workstation
🔹 In other systems, if the option is Stop Hosting Multi-user Access then you have to select it
🔹 Do it in all other workstation connect to you
🔹 The problem is resolved now.
Method 4: To Edit the Windows Host File
🔹 Get the names and IP addresses of your system
🔹 Edit Windows host file
✔ Firstly, close the QuickBooks software
✔ Go to the File Explorer and then paste the location over there
✔ The path is- C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\System64\Drivers\Etc
✔ Now double-click on the file and then open click on the Notepad to open it
✔ Provide the IP address that you get above
🔹 In the end, save all the changes to the host file.
Method 5: Configure the Linux Server
🔹 First of all, on the Server open the Linux Database Server Manager
🔹 Then configure the database server manager of the Linux according to you
🔹 Also, the directory in the Initord.conf file
🔹 Reboot your QuickBooks software on the host system and the error is resolved
Method 6: Configure Your Host file
Get the IP address and the server name of your system
🔹 Open the Command Prompt
🔹 Then type Ping and name of your Linux server
🔹 Click on Enter button
🔹 Note the name and IP address of the server
🔹 After that, close the QuickBooks application in your system
🔹 Open the File Explorer
🔹 Go to the C: drive
🔹 In this, open the location- C:\Winsows\System32 or 64\Drivers\Etc
🔹 Now search the host file
🔹 Then double click on it and select Notepad to open it up
🔹 At the end of the file add the IP address of the Linux server
🔹 Press the Tab key from keyboard and then write the Linux Server Name here
🔹Click on the File menu option and from the drop-down menu click on the Save option
🔹 Then exit the notepad and it is done.
Another Method to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83 Manually:
- Update the QuickBooks software to the latest release.
- Arrange the QuickBooks Desktop files for security or firewall software
Verify the Permissions to use the Company File
- To confirm that the permissions are setup properly, refer to the Setup folder permissions to share the business files.
- If you require setting permissions, refer to Windows Set access permissions to the share business files.
Scan the Organizational Files
- Go to Windows Start menu, select Programs> Choose QuickBooks software and select the QuickBooks software Database Server Manager.
- In the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, choose Add Folder and surf the folders accumulating the company files.
- After adding all folders, click Scan.
- The company files display within QuickBooks software, and Click Close.
- Browse to the folders comprising the business files and ensuring the file .qbw.nd.
Other 6000.. Series Error:
Need additional support?
Hope the solution is useful in fixing the QuickBooks Error 6000 83. However, you can get additional support in fixing the QuickBooks error from our QuickBooks professionals. The experts are proficient enough with years of experience in the field available for 24×7 to provide a suitable solution and required information.
You can contact directly at QuickBooks Customer Support toll-free number to connect with the professionals. They also offer support via Live Chat Support.