In this article read Causes and how to fix QuickBooks company file issue. One of the issues in the company file is “QuickBooks error 6210” it may occur computer that is not the server is hosting the company file.
The error can also occur when you’re installing Windows OS (operating system) or when you are starting up or shutting down your Windows OS.
What’s mean QuickBooks Error 6210 message you receive
The active program window on your system will crash when QuickBooks error 6210 occurs and it may crash repeatedly if you continue to run the same program on the system. You will also experience moments when your system will come to a standstill. Error code 6210 is a 6000 series error code list related to the company file in the QuickBooks program. Your Windows OS will slow down considerably and all your inputs, be it from the mouse or keyboard, will take very long to figure on the screen.
Error Number: Error 6210 0 Error Name: QuickBooks Error 6210 0 Error Description: Error 6210 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Developer: Intuit Inc. Software: QuickBooks Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6210 0
When any of the computers in your network hosts the company file you are likely to come across the error 6210. The company file should ideally be hosted only by the computer that you have chosen to be the server and whenever this protocol is broken, you get this or some other error depending on the circumstances.
- Your firewall settings since QuickBooks have been found to be incompatible with firewall and anti-virus software.
- Firewall or anti-virus software affects your bandwidth and slows your internet speed down to where your QuickBooks program is not able to run.
- QuickBooks Windows registry damaged/corrupted
- If your QuickBooks software gets corrupted while you’re downloading it there is a possibility that the installation will not be complete
- The Windows registry on your system may have been corrupted while installing or uninstalling QuickBooks software.
- Finally, there is always the chance of virus or malware infection in your Windows or QuickBooks files.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6210
In order to prevent QuickBooks error code 6210 from recurring, you need to troubleshoot all of the possible causes as it is a runtime error that could be caused by a number of factors. It is advisable that you keep a track of the QuickBooks error 6210 as and when it occurs on your system as this information will be very helpful when you get down to troubleshooting the issue.
However, you may be able to resolve the issue, You can configure the firewall software on your Windows OS; for that, use the QuickBooks File Doctor to open your firewall ports and then install the latest updates. This tool will also help you fix your network and company files.
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6210, 0
- The Registry entries related to the error should be repaired.
- Scan your system for malware and virus; system junk like temp files must be cleaned.
- Update system device drivers and undo the system changes implemented recently.
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Configuring your firewall software manually or by updating it with the latest release.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks program showing the error.
- The latest Windows updates must be installed.
The accounting software QuickBooks is known all over the world for its versatility with businesses of varying sizes and across different industries.
If you continue to face issues with QuickBooks error 6210, contact the QuickBooks error Consultant team for troubleshooting assistance.