“QuickBooks Payroll setup error” code or “Unrecoverable Error” XXXXX XXXXX or 00000 XXXXX takes place only when you are trying to make some changes in the payroll activity in the used QuickBooks version.
Error code in QuickBooks is a common phenomenon and one of such instances is in the format 00000 XXXXX. The reason this payroll error code is so talked about is that it can change based on the activities in the payroll and the QuickBooks version that is in use.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code 00000 XXXXX
- 2 What Causes the Payroll Setup Error code format 00000 XXXXX?
- 3 How to Fix the QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 5 FAQs
What is QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code 00000 XXXXX
QuickBooks Payroll setup error code format 00000 XXXXX is one of the most common errors users face at present. This error can be displayed as Unrecoverable Error: Error Code: XXXXX XXXXX or “Error: QuickBooks Payroll Setup-Error Code: XXXXX.
The error code can typically range from 00000 00001 to 00000 99999.
00002 71328 || 00002 20123 || 00000 17002 || 00000 38049 || 00000 88579 || 00000 38772 || 00000 97340 || 00000 88703 || 00000 40370 || 00000 99867 || 00000 88703 || 00000 34289
What Causes the Payroll Setup Error code format 00000 XXXXX?
Here are the possible reasons for this Payroll Setup Error code format 00000 XXXXX:
- A Wrong file name in the vendor list
- A Wrong entry in a timesheet
- Usage of special character in the file name
- A Duplicate entry of any particular employee name
How to Fix the QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code Format 00000 XXXXX
Follow above all steps to fix the QB payroll setup error
Step 1: Prepare an Employee Withholding report
- Select Report, then Employee & Payroll, then Employee Withholding.
- Press Customize Report
- In the Columns section, delete the checkmarks from the present items and click the checkmark next to Employee, and Local Tax 1 to Local Tax 12
- Select the Filters tab, press Active Status and choose All.
- Select OK
Step 2: Prepare a Payroll Item Listing report
- Select Reports then Employees & Payroll, then Payroll Item Listing.
- Select Customize Report and then delete the checkmarks from all items but not Type and Payroll Item.
- Select Active Status, choose all, and press the Filters tab.
- Select OK.
- Evaluate the two reports and search for Local taxes that do not type Other.
- Edit every employee with a tax item that is not Other.
- Run the particular Payroll setup again.
In case you are unable to solve this issue of QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error Code format 00000 XXXXX or QuickBooks error PS033 can’t read payroll setup files. Kindly connect with QuickBooks customer support. Talk to our QuickBooks error support representative and get the best solution for your QuickBooks problem.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Can the error 00000 XXXXX also appear during the payroll setup?
Yes. The error can also appear during the payroll setup in QuickBooks.
When to use third-party software to resolve Payroll Setup Error code format 00000 XXXXX?
If none of the workaround procedures mentioned above serve the purpose and the issue still exists, you must try third-party software.
Does the error occur when there is a duplicate entry of an employee in QuickBooks?
Yes. When a duplicate entry of an employee name is located, the Payroll Setup Error code format 00000 XXXXX occurs.