QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software to work with but under certain situations, it too crashes. One such technical error which leads to the malfunctioning of the program is QuickBooks Error 6177, -0. You will come across this error when you are trying to open any company file. This error leaves your software prone to other QB errors like Error Code -6190, error code -6180, etc. you will receive the following error message:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
You will come across this error when you try to open the Company file but make sure to open this file on the system where the file is actually located. Here are some causes which lead to QuickBooks Error -6177, 0.
- Transferring a company file from one system to another may cause this error.
- Malwares or viruses damaging the software.
- Firewall or any antivirus installed in your system hampering with your QuickBooks solutions.
Steps to fix QuickBooks error -6177, 0:
Here are solutions mentioned below which will resolve your QuickBooks Error 6177, 0.
Method 1: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Start your workstation and log in to this system as the “System Administrator”.
- Browse for the company file in your C drive.
- Go to “Properties” and select the “Security Window”.
- Select the number of users and give them complete access. (This step is to be followed manually).
- Go to “Advanced” button and click on the “Owners Tab”.
- You can now change the name of the admin user.
- Press “OK” option and close the security settings window as well as the properties window.
- Check for your system’s internet speed and download “QuickBooks installation Diagnostic Tool”.
Before downloading the software, make sure that you have your antivirus enabled. Because we have received many complaints of the software being infected.
- Enter your email address and click on the check box stating the “I Agree” option in terms and conditions page.
- Save this tool in your workstations local desktop.
- Double-click on it and run it in your system.
- Go to “All Programs” menu and click on option “QB diagnostic tool”.
- Browse for company file and then select “Test Connectivity” option.
- If your file is opening then your error is resolved.
Method 2: Moving files
Moving the file from the server to the local C drive in your workstation
- Start your PC and log in to the workstation as “System Administrator”.
- Browse for company file in QuickBooks from the C drive in your workstation.
- In your C drive, create and save a portable file.
- Close this company file.
- Restore this newly created portable file from C drive and save it in your server.
- Close this company files in your QuickBooks software.
- Now, open this company file from the server directly.
Reach out for help:
The solutions suggested in the resolution column will help you fix QuickBooks Error -6177, 0. If you need more information regarding the error or the above steps seems too technical for follow then let us fix your issue.
Contact our QuickBooks professionals from Canada to get your issue fixed. Dial us tollfree at 1800-865-4183.