Thus let’s check out how to “Void a Check in QuickBooks in Closed Period“. Most of the time it happens that you want to make an adjustment but it is difficult to make as the period has already been closed.
The same is the case with voiding a check. If the period has already been closed or audited then changing the info is a bit of a challenge, but with QuickBooks It is possible.
How to Void a Check in QuickBooks in a Closed Period
You can void a check in QuickBooks if you want to stop the check from being processed.
- From your cheque register locate the cheque that needs to be voided.
- Now check the “Void check option”.
- Now make a journal entry that matches the date when it was written.
- Now choose the account that was used to debit the check. Note down the figure and enter the same within QuickBooks on the debit side.
- Now select the account the check was written from and feed in the amount on the credit side of QuickBooks.
- Now pass the journal entry in the current period.
Now, whenever you will reconcile the entries with the bank then you will have to clear the entries made above. This you will have to do otherwise the entries will continue to show up as an outstanding transactions in your reconciliation report.
How to Record Voided Checks in QuickBooks for Current Period
If you have ever had to write a check that was then voided. If you want to record voided checks in QuickBooks follow the below steps.
- Open your QuickBooks accounting program.
- Go to Chart of accounts and then find your bank account number.
- Next, choose the register option.
- After that, locate the check number that you want to void.
- Click on the edit option.
- Now, Click on Yes to confirm.
If you have followed the steps above as it is, then you would have been sure able to resolve your query for “How to void a check in QuickBooks is closed period”.
But if you are still looking for ways then talk to our QuickBooks experts to know how to Reissue a Check-in QuickBooks. You can give us a call at our toll-free helpline number and get all your queries resolved.