In this article, the QuickBooks team provided factual or authentic information about how you rectify the “QuickBooks error 6010“. You just need to read out the whole article till the end and implement the instructions carefully.
Error code 6010 100 is a 6000 series error related to the company file in the QuickBooks program.
- 1 What’s mean QuickBooks Error 6010 and 100
- 2 Causes that can Arise QuickBooks Error 6010 100
- 3 Best Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6010
- 3.1 Way 1: Rectify the Damaged Company File
- 3.2 Way 2: Establish QuickBooks to Single-User Mode
- 3.3 Way 3: How QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps to Get the Access
- 3.4 Way 4: Provide a New Prefix to .ND Extension
- 3.5 Way 5: Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- 3.6 Way 6: How to Re-Install QuickBooks Software
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
What’s mean QuickBooks Error 6010 and 100
The error shows 6010 that your QuickBooks Desktop account is not granted permission to the network due to the existence of anti-virus or firewall that damages your files, folders, and programs without your knowledge. These viruses are created deliberately with the motive to damage critical data and programs that can alter the system’s working. So, you have to be very careful when you re-installing QuickBooks because at that time your computer is on the edge to trap the anti-virus.
Causes that can Arise QuickBooks Error 6010 100
This error creates a lot of hindrance due to different reasons. Before digging out for a solution you should know who is the troublemaker.
- The files in QuickBooks that have extensions .TLG and .QBW, then its high chances of you to trap under QuickBooks error 6010
- Maybe you have deleted the QuickBooks registry files through a registry-optimizing on your PC
- You are not able to use the QuickBooks due to the restricted path generated by anti-virus programs. For example- ESET NOD32.
Best Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6010
Don’t worry this article provides you authentic information with credibility to fix QuickBooks error 6010. Readout all the solutions mentioned below to tackle with QuickBooks error 6010 100.
Way 1: Rectify the Damaged Company File
- At first, you have to open that folder in which company files are included.
- Do Questing for the company file that is causing issues and have .qbw extension
- Select the option Copy by clicking on the right-side of the file
- Then, you have to press on the Paste button
- After that, you have to long press the Ctrl key and then open the QuickBooks
- You have to wait by pressing Ctrl key until you get the No Company File open screen in the QuickBooks account
- What you have to do is click on open or save into an existing company
- Then, ready to launch the file and recheck that QuickBooks error code 6010 is resolved or not.
Way 2: Establish QuickBooks to Single-User Mode
- Start your system using Administrator details
- Press and hole the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to gather to open the Task Manager in your system
- Now click one of the browse from the options
- After this, you have to highlight all the processes of QuickBooks Processes in the Task Manager Process tab
- These processes of QuickBooks are like qbupdate.exe, EXE, and QBDBM.exe
- After selecting each process click on the End task or End Process button
- Check for the error by opening the company file.
Way 3: How QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps to Get the Access
- In your system, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Then select the company file and scan it
- After that open the QuickBooks desktop software
- Select the option QuickBooks Database Server manager
- Click on the option name Scan Folders
- Start scanning the file after all this and then launch the files you scanned
- In the end, open the company file.
Way 4: Provide a New Prefix to .ND Extension
- First of all search for the company files who has .Nd extension
- Now select the file with .nd extension from the company file in which you are facing error code 6010 problem
- You have to rename this file with a new prefix, so right-click on the file
- Select the option Rename and the mention the OLD in the file name
- Then save the file
- Now open the QuickBooks and open company file that cause you error
- It help you in making a new file with .nd extension in the same company file and fix the problem.
Way 5: Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Open QuickBooks and the go to the QuickBooks File menu option
- Then move your cursor to the further options and select the option Utilities
- In more shown options, choose option Stop hosting multi-user access
- Reboot your QuickBooks application
- To shut off the Internet Monitor indication, press on the Programs settings
- After all this, reboot your system
- If the ESET NOD32 anti-virus application already in your system, then you need to rename the file by just adding the Old a the end of the file name
- Reboot your QuickBooks.
Way 6: How to Re-Install QuickBooks Software
- First of all open the Control Panel in your system from the Start menu
- Then select the option Uninstall a Program shown in the Control Panel window
- Then, smoothly you have to Uninstall it by selecting the QuickBooks software and click on the option Uninstall/Change
- Choose wisely the QuickBooks version that suitable to your needs and then download it on your system and proceed with continue
- Select the Ok key
- Now start the installation process of QuickBooks Desktop
- After completing the installation, you are done with it.
So, you can opt for any of the ways to resolve your issue.
In some cases, due to very harmful viruses they even destroy the hard drive entirely. Then, you are not able to fix QuickBooks error 6010. We are glad to assist you any time around the world.
In this write-up hope, all your time-consuming problems settle down successfully and QuickBooks Error Support will succeed to fulfill your expectations. So what you have to do is reach out to our QuickBooks expert through chat or you can leave your problem by typing in below mentioned Queries space.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
Que: What is the significance of Single-User Mode in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks lot of features will not adhere until it is in Single-User Mode, this is because restrict other people to alter the data when the system performing some particular processes. Single-User Mode turns off all accounts except yours.
Que: How many Errors in QuickBooks Error 6000 Series?
6176, 0: Firewall is not granted the permission the connection among the two systems
-6000, -107: Damaged The .TLG file
-6000, -1076: QuickBooks installation is damaged and alters its functioning
-6010, -100: A computer without the server is hosting the company file
-6138, -105: A computer without the server is hosting the company file
-6210, 0: A computer without the server is hosting the company file
-6189, -83: A computer without the server is hosting the company file
-6190, -83: A computer without the server is hosting the company file
-6012, -1061: Inappropriate network setup
-6144, -82: Inappropriate network setup
-6000, -82: Inappropriate network setup
-6129, -101: faulted folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not reacting properly
Que: What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Multi-User not Functioning Properly?
• QuickBooks is uninstalled on the server.
• Maybe the hosting settings are not properly checked. Firewall or antivirus corrupted the communication signals between user computers.
• The database server is not able to launch the company file.
• Windows file permissions are not appropriately built.