Issue: Users might face a problem where you cannot print the invoice on it because an error pops up and tells you that you cannot print the invoice because you do not have the specific font installed on the system.
Well, this is one of the most common errors with printers. The QB Payroll AskForAcounting help-team is going to help you out in learning all about QuickBooks Printer Library Error. Follow the guidelines given below to learn about and troubleshoot the Printer Library Error.
Description: You get to face the issue all of a sudden and the error that pops-up on your screen reads,
“The form you are about to print specifies the font [Franklin Gothic] which is not installed on this system. You may wish to install the font. Click OK to print anyway, or Cancel to skip printing this form.”
This error could have its roots in so many different aspects. We will figure out what could be causing the error to display on the screen of your computer system, which is most probably running on Windows 10 we suppose, for most of the errors take place on Windows 10.
Reasons for the Printer Library Error to occur:
The following reasons are the ones which make the Printer Library Error come to being:
- The specified fonts are not installed on your computer system.
- The fonts in the invoice mismatch.
- The printer is not supported.
- A driver is missing.
- Computer RAM is overloaded.
Resolution: We can resolve the error easily by following the resolutions provided below by our help-team:
- Verifying the Template’s Font:
- Launch your QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and go to Customers Choose Create Invoice.
- Browse to the Formatting select Customize Data Layout.
- Click Basic Customization.
- Now, go to the section Change the Font For:
- Click Title. Then click the Change Font button.
- Go to Font, and select a font type.
- Click ok.
- Now repeat the steps from a to d to change/verify the font for Company Name, Company Address, Labels, Data, Subtotals Label and Total Labels.
- Ensure that the font type is the same for all the items mentioned above. If it is not, you may face the error again.
- Once you have verified the fonts for the entire template, try to print the invoice again. You should be able to print the invoice now. If the problem persists, follow the next resolution.
- Creation of a New Template– Call our QuickBooks experts to know the advanced steps.
If you were still not able to resolve the problem, we recommend you to speak with our QBPayroll_AskForAccounting QuickBooks 24/7 tech support team. Our strong team of experts at our QuickBooks helpdesk is always ready with resolutions. Call on 1800-865-4183.