Printing is one of the essential components in running a business. A business owner has to print reports, invoices, bills and so many other things. While QuickBooks have made more or less everything in running a small or a medium size business with its user-friendly features but the software still does causes some problems to its users. One such issue is at times is when you Can’t Print From QuickBooks.
This article will help you in determining the printing problem and will help you fix your issue. In case you are unable to solve the problem, do not hesitate to contact our QuickBooks support team to resolve the printing issue.
Resolution of Can’t Print From QuickBooks Issue
Even before you embark on solving the printing issue do make sure that your QuickBooks is updated to its latest release. Also check that your computer is properly connected to the printer and the printer is well connected to the power supply. But if you still face QuickBooks freezes when printing issue then call for help.
Check if Printing can be Done Outside QuickBooks
- Printer needs to be switched off.
- The computer has to be restarted
- Switch on the printer again.
- Ensure that the printer is correctly loaded
- Go to the Windows Start icon and click on it
- Select the Control Panel
- From there select and double-click on Printers and Faxes.
- On the printer do a right click and select Use Printer Online if it is showing Offline
- On the printer do a double click and then select Printer >Cancel All Documents
- Now you should close the window
- Once again do a right-click on the printer
- Select Properties
- Next click on the Print Test Page
- If the printer prints the test page, try to print a page from WordPad.
- Go to Start >Run
- Key-in WordPad and click on OK
- On the WordPad enter some texts and select File>Print.
- Choose the correct printer and give the Print command
- Ensure that no error lights are there on the printer
- If there is then go to the manufacturer’s document and see the notes on the following
- The Printer Display Error Signal
- Won’t Print the Test Page
- Doesn’t Print from WordPad
You can also Try the Following Below Mention Steps
- You can rename QuickBooks Qbprint.qbp file and then try printing the document again.
- If you are still unable to print the document, then try to print a similar type file with similar format. You will then be able to see of the issue is with that particular file or the software. If you have been successful in printing the file of the same format then try to print the QuickBooks file that you have been trying to print.
- If the problem continues try to print the documents in single and smaller batches
- Also make sure that the driver of the printer is updated to the latest version.
Still facing the same problem and your QuickBooks won’t print then continue reading.
Check the Printer Setup and details in QuickBooks Desktop
- Ensure that the printer you are using is set as the default printer.
- From the QuickBooks Desktop menu Choose File> Printer Set Up.
- Verify and select the right printer for each particular Form Name.
Ensure that the printer name on the hardware matches the driver info.
- Ensure and check that the exact name of the printer hardware is in the list of the Setup.
- Choose File > Printer Setup.
- Next verify the name of the printer. In case it is incorrect, set up the correct one in your computer’s Printer Setup.
Printer is on Network or local setting
- If it is on a Network, validate the settings of the network correctly.
- If it is on Local, then there might be a problem with the computer. So validate the connection between the printer and the computer.
If you have any other driver, you can use that to print your document within QuickBooks.
Get Support For Printing Issues
For instant help, dial 1800-865-4183 (Tollfree).
After trying every step above if you are still wondering why you can’t print from QuickBooks then, we suggest that you get yourself connected with QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support at the Toll free number provided.