Intuit “QuickBooks Printer not activated error code 20” or “print window hangs” Windows 8: Is this something you are dealing with while using your QB printer. Well, you need not worry as this is what we gonna cover here.
Though we will be providing you with every detail on how to fix your QuickBooks error code 20 if you want instant help then connect with QuickBooks Experts Consultant now.
QuickBooks software holds the flagship in the market of accounting software. The software is tailored specifically to automate the financial and accounting operations of the businesses irrespective of size and sector. The software enhances the volume and velocity of work in an effective way that saves a lot of time and money for the business owner. But as we all know software and error go hand in hand. There are unfriendly times when QuickBooks encounters problems QuickBooks won’t print and Can’t print from QuickBooks it’s a serious issue.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is QuickBooks Printer Error 20 – Print window hangs
- 2 Causes- QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20” or “Print Window Hangs
- 3 How to Fix QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
- 4 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
What is QuickBooks Printer Error 20 – Print window hangs
This error code that displays “Printer Not Activated” or “print window hangs” is one of the common error codes reported by QuickBooks users. The error indicates that when the user upgrades from Windows XP or Vista to Windows 7, the new operating system removes the use of the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIGSoftware key in the registry settings.
It actually means that the particular key carrying the entries is not updated while OS is upgraded, further the particular key is used to save internal settings that result in the failure after the update is successful. If you are using QuickBooks and you have recently upgraded your OS to Windows 7, then the error is more likely to occur.
Causes- QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20” or “Print Window Hangs
- The error occurs due to the elimination/deletion of the ‘HKey_current_config\software’ key.
- You recently upgraded your OS to Windows 7.
- The error occurs when the multiple QuickBooks versions are installed.
- The error occurs because QuickBooks accounting software is not compatible with the PDF driver.
- Your operating system is outdated.
How to Fix QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
Intuit has recommended two important methods to resolve this QuickBooks printer error 20. Both the resolution methods require you to have Administrator access to the system else they will fail.
Prior to making changes to the registry ensure to create a backup of your registry. If anything doesn’t work as planned then, you should be able to restore the system.
Solution 1: Generate a System Back up by following the steps
- Go to Registry Editor.
- Click Computer.
- Click File.
- Save It.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Application
While performing the OS upgrade the QuickBooks software is misplaced and re-installing the application will help to restore its settings in the right registry key and resume the work process.
- You can easily download QuickBooks and install it.
- Installing QuickBooks is a very simple and easy process.
- After successful installation of the software, you can resume work.
Solution 3: Update the Registry Key Manually
If the above steps weren’t of any help then here is what you need to do to fix your “Quickbooks printer not activated error code 20”. In case you choose this method to fix the error you need to follow each and every step carefully for fixing the error successfully.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Type Regedit by pressing the Start button.
- Do not click enter key.
- Click on regedit -> choose to Run as an administrator.
- You will get administrator access to the Registry Editor.
- Seek for the software folder inside the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder.
- Click the Software folder -> Choose Permissions.
- Verify the Full Control for the Users user in the table when the window opens.
- Once done press OK and close the window.
- Close the Registry Editor.
Solution 4: Use a PowerShell Script to Grant Permissions (Windows 10) only
On following this option the user account should be logged in that needs permissions and should be an administrator to execute the command.
- Go to Start -> type CMD.
- Click and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type PowerShell in the command prompt.
- Press Enter button.
You can approach QuickBooks to the key it needs to store its settings, and the rest all will function properly. If we compare both methods, both are easy to follow. For resolving this QuickBooks issue you need to follow the above steps and resume back to work in a very short time.
Though the above steps will help you resolve your “QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20” issue if in case you fail to fix it then talk to our Experts. Our QuickBooks Error Consultant team is highly efficient and will guide you through all the steps and if needed will fix the issue by themselves. Thus wait no longer and dial us (toll-free) now.